Where will We Stand in 2012? Dead or Alive?

by: guirol

Something that I have been interested in learning more about is when the world will come to an end. I remember many of my friends talking about it many times the past few months. All of them saying how the world will come to an end in the year 2012. They would all talk about how we were going to die, and how everything in this world will all disappear, but I didn’t learn more at that time because then again they’re just teenagers. They didn’t really specify the things that were going to happen at that time, and how exactly things would go. Lately, the issue has caught my eye again. I know many people think that 2012 is the year we will all die. Some people say with all the weird things that have been going on with the weather and stuff that maybe we will die this year. From what I’ve heard, we will die this year due to earthquakes and other natural disasters. For example, one time I was watching the national geographic channel, and I heard that it is true that this year we will all die. In some places there will be earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes and many other natural disasters. This is what I’ve heard, but then again nobody ever really knows when the world will actually come to an end.

I have always been interested in wanting to know when the world will end. If we are really going to die in 2012, but I never really took the time to research information about it. One thing that I know for sure is that people before have predicted the world to end and it actually never happened. I believe that the world will end in 2012, but at the same time I really don’t believe it. I don’t think it will because like I mentioned already, people have said the world was going to end before, but it actually didn’t happen. I also believe it will end because I’ve seen it before on the history channel. Personally, It’s funny to me how the Mayan calendar points to the exact date as to when the world will end.

Being that I didn’t have a lot of background information as to when the world will actually end, I chose to do some research on the topic. As I searched for blogs and news articles on Google, I came across this one article on the history website from the 2007 New York Times: http://www.history.com/topics/the-end-of-the-world. This article provided a lot of information and opinions as to when the world when will end. According to this article, “These theorists believe that on December 21, 2012, the Earth will experience unprecedented, cataclysmic disasters ranging from massive earthquakes and tsunamis to nuclear reactor meltdowns.” This statement didn’t really surprise me at all because from what I’ve heard before there will be earthquakes going on and tsunamis that will lead to the end of the world. Though it did make me feel a bit scared because honestly I’m not ready to die yet. I don’t think that any of us are really ready to die. It’s scary to think about how an earthquake or a tsunami or any other natural disaster will happen not to far from now.

In another article, “Will the world really end in 2012?” http://history.howstuffworks.com/central-american-history/world-end-in-2... there was this one statement that made me agree with it. It stated: “But in the real world, it's not a Mayan woman but the Mayan calendar that some speculators believe foretells an apocalyptic event. It even gives us a potential date for the theoretical downfall: Dec. 21, 2012.” I believe this is true because there have been many occasions as to where I have heard that the Mayan calender does point to the date as to when the world will end. Also in this article it stated: “7 reasons the world will end in 2012” ,http://buburuza.net/2008/08/seven-reasons-the-world-will-end-in-2012-proven-scientifically/, it gives seven reasons as to how they know the world will end in 2012. As I read this I came across the Mayan calendar once again as being a reason. Strange isn’t it? As I go through many articles I somehow end up seeing the Mayan calendar. The thing that creeps me out the most is that it also says: “The Mayan calendar predicts that the Earth will end on December 21, 2012.” This is just really strange and creepy that these articles point to the Mayan calender as being one of the reason’s to how they know that the world will end in 2012.

In my opinion all of this makes me think that we probably are going to die this year in 2012. I’ve learned that if we do die this year that it would be earthquakes and tsunamis that will occur. Not only those things but also other natural disasters. Is the date that the Mayan calendar points to true or not? Will the year 2012 be the year in which the world ends? Scary to even think about it knowing we are young but I guess we’ll just have to wait til December 21, 2012 comes to see if the world will really end. Be prepared!

Dear guirol, I really

harniy's picture
Submitted by harniy on Sat, 2012-03-10 16:30.

Dear guirol,

I really enjoyed reading your post. Your post,”Where will We Stand in 2012? Dead or Alive?”, let me know that I’m not the only one that has this worry, especially since it is the year 2012. Your post, in my opinion, should be something that everyone should look into, because this effects everyone. All of the predictions in the past were false, but this does not mean that the ones of the future should be disregarded as false also. One sentence that you wrote that stood out for me was,” I don’t think that any of us are really ready to die.” This stood out to me, because I’m certainly not ready to die, and like you had stated, nobody else is truly ready either. I think about all of the things that I never got to do, and all the things I probably will never get to do.

Another sentence that I found interesting was,”One thing that I know for sure is that people before have predicted the world to end and it actually never happened.” This sentence stood out for me, because I couldn’t agree with it more. Its hard to believe that the world will truly end because of all of the false predictions that have been made in the past. What ever happened to Y2K or Harold Camping’s prediction about the rapture being on May 21, 2012? I still question whether this year could be the year the world will truly end. I sometimes doubt that the world will end this year, because nobody really knows when the world will end. I do sometimes think though; what if? If it is our last year, then we should live like we’re dying, literally.

Your post reminds me of myself entirely, because when I had first found out about the 2012 prediction, I was scared straight. I had a phase which I called my,”2012 Paranoia Phase.” It would be the only thing that I looked up whenever I was near a computer. When I had seen trailers for the movie that came out in 2009, this had only made it worse. I was scared to the point where I would even cry at times, I know it sounds crazy, but it’s true. Then I had realized that if the world did end in 2012, there was nothing at all that I could do about it. All that I could do, correction, all that anyone could do, is wait for the date to arrive. Even now, I think of these days before 12/21/12, as a countdown, and time is slowly running out.

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you may write next. I really enjoyed your writing because it includes facts about the topic. I also enjoyed it, because it was a very relatable topic for me personally. One thing that would bring me back is your topic choices. You wrote about something that I think everybody should give more thought to. Most people don’t take things like this seriously, but I think its about time that they did.

Cool..

Submitted by rivoma on Sun, 2012-03-11 11:29.

Dear guirol,

I really enjoyed reading your post “Where will We Stand in 2012?Dead or Alive?” I enjoyed it because its been a topic that has been crossing my head lately. In my opinion this post is a post that many probably don’t even worry about, implying that its impossible. I mean there have been some false predictions of the world getting destroyed and its caused people to lose faith, but i still believe it can happen. One interesting sentence that stood out to me was “ I believe that the world will end in 2012, but at the same time I really don’t believe it.”
It stood out to me, because i also think that way, maybe 2012 is not what people think ( the world breaking apart).

Another sentence that stood out to me was “ In my opinion all of this makes me think that we probably are going to die this year.” It stood to me because, if it happens I guess we cant do anything about it. all we can do is accept fate and not be scared at all. I think its not really to think about and just wait until it happens. That’s the way I see it, just live life bcause you never when it will end.

Your post reminds me of a conversation I had with my friend. My friend seems to be very knowledgeable about the topic. He stated that “2012 can be in close ties with the Illuminati” I believe that 2012 can just be new world order in which everything starts all over again.

I really hope to see more of these post from you, because this was interesting and its an important topic worldwide.

Dear Rolando , I liked your

varjoe's picture
Submitted by varjoe on Sun, 2012-03-11 13:41.

Dear Rolando ,

I liked your post “Where will We Stand in 2012? Dead or Alive” because I always wanted to know what will happen in 2012. I also liked your post because I agree with your opinion. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “I have always been interested in wanting to know when the world will end.” because this is a topic I’m interested in too. This sentence also stood out to me because a\I use to think I was the only one that fond learning about the world coming to a end interesting now I see I’m not the only one.

Another sentence that I agreed with was “One thing that I know for sure is that people before have predicted the world to end and it actually never happened.” This stood out for me because it remind me of when the people said the world was going to end in 2000 and nothing happened. This make me think that 2012 is just bull crap.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I was watching t.v and they were talking about 2012. What they were saying got me scared cause I was thinking the world is going to end and I didn’t even get to enjoy life. But at the same time I thought it was all a lie because they said the world was going to end plenty of time and it didn’t happened.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I feel like I could agree with your future post. Also because this post was interesting so I got a feeling your other post will be interesting as well.

interesting

aseele's picture
Submitted by aseele on Sun, 2012-03-18 20:30.

Dear Rolando :
I interested in your post, "Where will We Stand in 2012? Dead or Alive?," because I’ve heard that the workd is going to end. I wanted to see what was your perspective of the situation.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "This statement didn’t really surprise me at all because from what I’ve heard before there will be earthquakes going on and tsunamis that will lead to the end of the world." I think this is true because since I have heard this statement from many others as well.

Another sentence that I stood out was: " It even gives us a potential date for the theoretical downfall: Dec. 21, 2012.” ." This stood out for me because I would like to know how did the Mayans figure out this exact date. I would like to also know why do they think something bad is going to happen.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I was watching the movie 2012 with my mother and I was scared of thought of the year 2012 coming because the movie was so realistic. I really believe that 2012 is capable of happening because many natural disasters occurred also since Noah’s ark was involved.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this was an interesting topic and I would to see what happens after December 21, 2012.

Dear Guirol: I liked your

calcar's picture
Submitted by calcar on Thu, 2012-03-22 10:06.

Dear Guirol:

I liked your post “ Where will we stand in 2012? Dead or Alive?” because your title got me hooked right away. Also that I have been wondering the same thing for quite some time now. One sentence you wrote that stood out for me is “ This is what I’ve heard, but then again nobody every really knows when the world will actually come to an end.” I think this true because there have been so many predictions for the end of the world but it was all false.

Another sentence that I liked was “ One thing that I know for sure is that people before have predicted the world to end and it actually never happened.” This stood out for me because this is true and they said it last year and it didn’t happen.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time people said that the world was going to end may 21st and it never happened. I also think that people exaggerated and thougth the rain was a sign. There were people going crazy and church people outside. But it was a false call.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to what you write next because this topic was interesting. Also that you had nice details and facts.

will life end in 2012

Submitted by Anonymous on Thu, 2012-06-07 17:54.

You are very inquisitive, and I have enjoyed reading the subjects you want to learn about.  I am curious why so many people put such importance on the Mayan calendar.  Why would they know any more about the end of life here than anyone else? I put my confidence in the Bible, and I don't believe life will end this year. I do think many people put their ideas out for everyone to see and hear, but don't have any more facts about the future than anyone else. How can they predict earthquakes and tsunamis that far in advance, when they can't even get the weather correct for the week ahead? Even the Bible doesn't say when life will end...and scientists change their minds constantly about things...one day something is true, then it isn't. I'm not worried about the Mayan calendar.