Why do I need to write 10 questions?

Like the beginning of 10th grade and this year,  my english teacher Mr. Alison told us to wrote 10 questions about ourselves and the world.  The world, I don’t really mind however, 10 questions about ourselves then writing about it for months? Honestly I think that is just torture, people have many questions about everything but not a lot have need a lot of information for just one question.  It would be better if we were able to change our question every week or so, so then we can learn a bunch of other useful things rather then just learning about 1 thing in great detail.

Writing a 10 questions about yourself then 10 more about the world is tough and unnecessary. However without asking some questions it can cause too many problems,  there is a website that explains what happens to people that people not asking questions can cause some problems. I checked up on because it was the very first link I found on google.  The site shows that people were born to ask questions but slowly stops as they grow older.

"In school the focus is on learning the "correct" answer rather than on asking questions.

We don’t ask questions because we're afraid if we do so we'll be thought stupid for not knowing what we think we should have learned long ago.

Every day we are bombarded with so much information we're afraid that if we ask questions we'll get more information that we don't have energy to absorb.

We have accepted a religious or philosophical point of view that claims to have all the answers and any further questions would upset the comfort we have in what we already believe."

Hearing this quote just made me realize that we should still ask a large amount of questions. Its also good to receive answers as well.  However your not going to get a bunch of articles, stories or blogs about a certain question.  Another quote that stuck out to me from http://www.support4change.com/questions/hesitate.html  was people were born to be curious.

"We're born with curiosity. A little child will drive her parents crazy with a thousand questions. She'll keep asking until she receives a satisfactory answer. Unfortunately, something happens after many of us grow up; we lose that sense of intense curiosity."

Seeing this quote again, I see how interesting humans can be. It opens my eyes because this quote is saying that we should ask questions but we should also receives simple answers.  Writing about a random question is easy and getting the answer is okay as well but writing an essay of it is extremely difficult.

In conclusion, asking 20 questions is easy and getting the answer is simple as well.  However writing an essay about that question is unnecessary and pointless.  People should be able to at least have the freedom of what they would what to write.

Dear Yas, I just read your

Submitted by jlin on Tue, 2010-10-26 08:39.

Dear Yas,

I just read your post, "Why do I need to write 10 questions?", beacuse I find it hard to write 20 questions on top of my head. I find it ridiculous that we have to write this within 10 minutes. Not everyone can do this within 10minutes, but If this is said throughout the month questions would popout on top of their head. Then that would be the 20 question.

One question you wrote that stands out for me is:"Honestly I think that is just torture, people have many questions about everything but not a lot have need a lot of information for just one question." I think this is very urstandable. Getting questions from the top of my head is a very hard task for me.

Another sentence that I like was:"We're born with curiosity. A little child will drive her parents crazy with a thousand questions. She'll keep asking until she receives a satisfactory answer. Unfortunately, something happens after many of us grow up; we lose that sense of intense curiosity." This stood out to me because this is true. A child that is smart will always bombard adults with questions. That is how the child learns in this way.

I do agree with you that writing 20 questions is hard. One reason I say this is not all teenagers are able to write 20 questions that are on top of the head. Another reason I agree with you is that children that ask questions children that arn't afraid to ask are the smartest of all kinds of children.

Thanks for your writing. I look foward to seeing what you write next, because it is very nice to know that I'm not the only one that hates the 20 questions.