Why do we eat meat?

by: aviwes
Apple and Bannana  by Harveyben a Youth Voices pool photographer on Flickr.

Something that I have been interested in learning more about has been, Why some people eat meat. I remember people talking about this topic, and I asked myself why do we eat meat and why not become vegetarian. I didn’t learn more at that time because I was a kid, and I was 5 years old when I heard people talking about this topic. The issue has caught my eye again by thinking about this topic all the time, and I ask myself: If meat didn't exist what would happen to us? The people say that meat give you a lot of proteins, and the vegetables don’t give you proteins but they are healthy. From what I have heard that some green vegetable prevent the cancer.I know that the more you eat meat the more the meat give you protein you have to know what type of meat is because not all the meat give you protein. I have been hearing that not easy to become vegetarian and not easy when you are vegetarian to become carnivorous. Now that's just what I've heard, it may or may not be true.

One thing that I know for sure about this topic is that vegetables are healthy but don’t give you proteins like meat. This is a example of environment because is about plant people? becoming vegetarian not eating meat. I believe that we must be vegetarians because I think that animals are like us humans because if the animal dies, then we can die too. I think that we are animal. Personally, it's serious to me because I want other people to understand to not kill the animals. The people become vegetarian because they don’t want to kill the animals. I’ve studying this carefully because I am a curious about this topic. Why do we eat meat why we don’t become vegetarian because the animal are like us. We must to care about the animals. The importance of this topic is why we kill the animal why we don’t become vegetarians like other people eating vegetables.

Being that I didn't have a lot of background information on, Why some of the people eat meat.I chose to do some research on the topic. As I searched for articles I came across this one article, "Good environment.” This article provided a lot of information. Some people felt that is good to eat when the plants are healthy for your body. Some people need to eat meat to give them proteins because the vegetables don’t give you the same protein that the meat gives you, and that makes you sick when you don’t have protein. “I don’t really have a defense...I eat meat because I really like it,” he offered. “I’m a sort of protein kind of guy… I’m not a big carbohydrate kind of guy… Without meat I don’t know what I’d do.” This statement really surprise me because before I researched this topic I thought that the vegetable give us a lot of proteins then red meat. But it did make me feel sad because I know some people that they are vegetarian and I need to give them the bad news that the vegetable don’t give you proteins but it's good to be vegetarian then eating meat because you feel healthy.

In another article, “How to Meet Your Protein Needs without Meat” there was this one statement that made me understand more about this topic we can meet us proteins that is need by eating vegetable, and I agree with this quote were it say. “Eating a vegetarian diet can be very healthful and rewarding. However, most vegetarians—including soon-to-be vegetarians and their meat-eating loved ones—are concerned about getting adequate protein. Most people are accustomed to getting protein from meat, but what else contains proteins? Aren't plant-based proteins "incomplete," or lower quality.” It is true that eating a vegetarian diet helps to meet the proteins.

All of this makes me think that we keep eating meat or become vegetarian I learn a lot about vegetarian people that are good to be vegetarian then eat meat and also I learn reading thin this article.” Sparkpeople.” that you can meet your protein by been vegetarian, and is healthy to eat vegetable.

Works cited:
1) LASKOW SARAH, “Why do we eat meat?.”, Good environment, January 12, 2012.

2) HaanSarah, ”How to Meet Your Protein Needs without Meat,”

3) fenberg Dr. Scharf. “Why Not Eat Meat - A Healthful Diet Without Meat”, 4/4/12. http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/why-we-should-not-eat-meat/a-healthful-d...

4) Hardinge Dr. Mervyn. “The Vegetarian diet” http://www.animalsuffering.com/vegetarianism.php

5) Gandhi Mahatma, “Vegetarian and Vegan Information.” http://www.vegetarianvegan.com/

Dear Wesley, i am frankie

Submitted by frankiec on Tue, 2012-04-24 11:34.

Dear Wesley,
i am frankie writing to you about your post "why do we eat meat?". I am a person who works out, stay's in shape, plays sports try to do it all. Meat is not the same how it use to be, yes certain vegetables can "prevent" the cancer cells but meat it's self is essential to our eating routines doesn't have to be every day. Protein is the component to your body that feeds your muscles to stay strong and healthy. Personally I take supplements meat doesn't give you all the protein your body needs so supplements as vegetables don't give you all the nutrients.

my response

Submitted by tatianar on Tue, 2012-05-08 14:31.

Dear Wesley,

I am inspired by your post "Why Do We Eat Meet" because you have such a sensitive topic. I say this because it involves the killing of animals which im totally against.
One sentence you wrote that stood out for me was when you said "If meat didnt exist what will happen to us".This quote raised my curiosity about the question because I wonder what would really happen.If we don't eat meat we should be alive because the plant eaters are still living.
Another sentence that caught my eye was when he said "we shouldn't kill animals because animals are just like people" This statement really caught my eye because I'm totally against killing animals. I do eat meat as in chicken but I try not to eat red meat.I know its all the same so becoming a plant eater has actually been on my mind.
Your post reminds me of something that happen to me a while back. I was watching a documentary at home about the killing of animals in order to make food for restaurants and even our supermarkets. It was so sad that I actually became a plant eater for one day until my mom cooked a great dinner.
Thanks for your writing.I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this topic here was very interesting. It raises awareness to all and has me thinking.I will deferentially be back to here more about your thoughts.

Submitted by j.klonsky on Sat, 2012-06-02 12:54.

Dear Wesley,

Your post "Why Do We Eat Meat?" reminds me of something that I did a long time ago. I decided to stop eating any meat at all. For 6 years I only ate vegetables, beans, grains, and dairy products. I have to say that during that time I stayed very healthy. I think it is possible to stay healthy whether or not you eat meat. You can get enough proteins from vegetables, grains and beans and soy, especially if you keep dairy products in your diet and continue to eat eggs. However, I am concerned about the treatment of animals and the use of hormones, antibiotics and other chemicals that are found in factory-farmed meat. I also worry about eating too much meat which can cause heart disease. Thanks for your writing. I appreciate your exploration of this topic.