Why is Minecraft the most successful game in the history of gaming?

I'm reading Sean C. Duncan's essay, “Minecraft, Beyond Construction and Survival” from https://via.hypothes.is/http://press.etc.cmu.edu/files/WellPlayed-v1n1-1..., My question is: Is Minecraft a good tool in school, when they know it's distraction in school? I think no, that is not a distraction because you can release your imagination in Minecraft, like for an example when you are building a house in Minecraft you do not know what do and if you use your imagination, then you can do anything.

The author wrote this article because he wanted the reader to understand Minecraft and what the things you need to build something and why you need to do things.

When we consider the issue of a student using Minecraft in school, some might wonder what happen if kids do not what to do their work? Sean C. Duncan's essay addresses this question because Minecraft can help kids spread their imagination in Minecraft, and this game help then do that.

One of the things the author talks about is building with blocks in Minecraft: “7 blocks (stone, iron, glass) into more complex pieces that may help build a fortress to protect against the monsters of the night. The Creeper, are more feared in the game.“

What do I see in this sentence is that 7 block of something to make complex pieces that may help you. This is important because how are you going to fight monster without a sword or something to hit with. I like to use blocks to make my houses or my farm or my garden. This is basically saying that how are you going to build or kill something without blocks.

This might make one more wonder why do kids play Minecraft when they know Minecraft is a distraction in school? Well, Minecraft can be the most coolest game in the world because Minecraft can help kids in school with computers and if they have computers, they can play. Minecraft can make their imaginations grow wild in their minds with happiness.

Another point Sean C. Duncan makes in his article "Minecraft. Beyond Construction and Survival" is that "33,000,000 have purchased the game at the time." This is important because that is all of people who have got the game. I am one of those people who have the game.

In another article I read, "Teaching in the Age of Minecraft https://via.hypothes.is/http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/201..., I read: "Often students make their own dioramas out of paper and Popsicle sticks and the game was so popular that teacher are using it in school for their student." When the kids do something that they like and they put their imagination to work, Minecraft can help them do that. When I do work in Minecraft, my mind just goes somewhere else, like in space, and every time when I play Minecraft I can work all day and night.

What we can appreciate about these writers' work is that that Minecraft is a game for school and that kids should use it so they can spread their imaginations and when they play they can make anything, like a house or a garden or a farm and they do it with blocks.

I like how you cited

Submitted by Carlo on Sun, 2016-03-20 19:47.

I like how you cited different articles to support idea which is key to any essay. You also related those articles to your point which was well done, instead of just quoting something without explaining it.

Minecraft builds!

kcotto's picture
Submitted by kcotto on Wed, 2016-03-23 11:52.

I like not only the citations, but the strong grip you have on your point. You believe that Minecraft can help kids, because with minecraft you can think outside the box, literally. And instead of building a mediocre cardboard cut out with Glue and popsicles, and weird paper cut outs of things. You can build all sorts of things!

I also like the quite "Kids should use it so they can spread their imagination" because, Imagination is key! In english, when you have to write an essay on something, I always use my imagination and put myself in the shoes of who I am writing about. So I do agree that they should play Minecraft, so their imagination spreads!

Overall, I like this essay and the standpoint on it, because I also play minecraft. And I love it!

Good job!

minecraft helps kids

Submitted by fcastaneda on Thu, 2016-03-24 08:33.

thank you for loving my respons to minecraft artile i wanted to do it becaseu i love to play minecraft when i am home or at school and i think that minecraft can help kids with theris imagation,But i love how you pull something out of my essay and put it in your own words and i love hoe you did that.Also i loved when you said "Imagination is key "and that is true that is the key for kids so they can have a better understanding in learning in school maybe at work or at home.

Once again thank you for your writing to my responds to minecraft can or cannnot help kids.Also i love to play minecraft 2.

minecraft helps kids