why is our world so cruel and judgemental ?

by: Taisd

If you're not raking in the big money, wearing the best clothes, looking great, driving a nice car, nice job, popular etc, if you're not in the in crowd...you're LITERALLY treated like crap in this society, and people walk ALL OVER YOU.

WHY? Well I believe we are treated like that because now and days people only care about money and looks. Its terrible personality no longer counts; if you’re poor no one will date you. I mean come on we are beautiful human beings that deserve respect and love. This world was made for peace and love not hatred and war... everyone in this world needs to get their act together... we are all the same no matter what you say.

It's funny though, you're NOT allowed to be average anymore. Being middle class or an average Joe is like....pathetic to people in our society today. It's something we should be ashamed of... Last time check everyone was once poor and middle class. We all need to unite and change the world :) 

The reasons for these things happening are because our advances in our generation are becoming extreme to the point that, our society is choosing to be more judgmental about the physical and things we have instead of our internal feeling or who we really are. This gets me upset because this world should be equal and fair :) 

I agree with you tais,

Submitted by maisham on Fri, 2010-10-29 12:26.

I agree with you tais, about the world should be about love and peace not hatered and war. Yes today people still judge because the class you and your background. I think the past is affecting our future. But this is a good topic to think about and you have a good point.

nice!

Submitted by hidmar on Mon, 2012-02-27 12:36.

Dear Taisd :

I agreed with and enjoyed your post “Why is our world so cruel and judgemental?” because I can relate to it. I've watched people got stepped over because they get judged on so much and even myself, I get judged by my attitude and behavior, but I don’t pay any mind to it because at the end of the day I know who I really am and why I act the way I act; it shouldn’t concern others. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “If you're not raking in the big money, wearing the best clothes, looking great, driving a nice car, nice job, popular etc, if you're not in the in crowd...you're LITERALLY treated like crap in this society, and people walk ALL OVER YOU.” I think this is 100% true because it has happened to my acquaintances; believe it or not my own friends do it. They judge what you wear if you’re not wearing expensive clothes or brand names then you’re what they consider “popped.” crazy isn’t it?

Another sentence that I agreed with was “WHY? Well I believe we are treated like that because now and days people only care about money and looks.” If you don’t have money you can’t buy the expensive clothes or brand name clothing people want to see you in, in order to be part of the in crowd. To me, teenagers that are like that are the ones that don’t care or just don’t realize that appreciating your parents is key, it’s not all about money and clothing; there is way more to life than just that.

Your post reminded me of something that happened to one of my friends. One time a group of kids were saying that her Burberry jacket was fake, only because people expect everything to be real. If it’s fake they will make fun of you, and of course it gets frustrating when people are always on top of what you wear and whether it’s fake or not.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because it seems like you have really good stories/posts to talk about and maybe I can relate to other things you post on here. This was very interesting.