Will humans ever have to move to another planet?

Will humans ever have to live in a planet other than Earth?

In the discovery channel I saw a documentarty about the history of planet Earth. However they also mentioned about the futurhe of the planet Earth. They said that humans were born in the "right time" in the end of an ice age, so humans in future years will have to deal with another iceage. Our Earth is also facing different problems like global warming that will affect our lives greatly. Then they asked "Will all these problems lead to the huma race living in another planet?". This question really interested me because can you ever imagine yourself saying "Remeber when we lived on planet Earth, and not the planet Flake?". This is such an amazing question. What are your ideas?

I like Your IDea

Submitted by CFlores on Thu, 2008-12-04 19:32.

I think that in the future we might live on a different planet because I mean come on we don't have much time here. It would be very cool if we were to live in a different planet, but things will be much more different than what it seems. There are alot of things to think of, oxygen supply, fertile land, temperature, seasons. That's just what I think, like all animals we will also become extinct when the Earth dies. If we were to live in another planet, I think we would be at the top of extraterrestrial beings out there in the solar system. I think we would develop new ideas and that we would so much more advanced than we are now. Thankz for writing such an interesting topic, it's really cool and all. *.*

I just read you short story

Submitted by tthomas on Thu, 2008-12-04 19:41.

I just read you short story "Will humans ever move to another planet?" The first sentece was funny to me. Certain documents to me esp. when it has to do something with global warming is just a way to scare people and let them know that we need to do something about it. But i personally don't believe that were going to have to move to another planet for vairous reasons. One, the earth was built for us, and this is were we've been living for 1000's of years. Two, we can't survive on another planet, and it will be impossible for the human popluation to inhabit a whole new world. Thoes things are only ture in fantasies. Three, for millions or years the earth has been changing, evolving, tranforming, or what ever you like to call it. Mother earth is going through her menapause, I don't think thats going to to keep us from adapting to the new envornments.

i think so

Submitted by jsmith on Tue, 2008-12-09 09:45.

Wow well im glad you put up this post because I think about these questions myself. What I think is that we will indeed live on another planet but not in our lifetime. This can be avoided if we slow down global warming. With fossil fuels and all of that,we just expediate the process. An ice age will come sooner then we think because of us. Everything happens for a reason and if we were to live on another planet,it would nobody elses fault but ours. For the planet itself,there is alot to think about,(food,shelter,enviornment,reproduction) We have to make the planet very suitable first and have an indefinite amount of resources to sustain the human race. Its possible that we may live on another planet. Very possible!

This is such a good

Submitted by 12makridise on Fri, 2008-12-12 00:05.

This is such a good question, I just had to reply! First off, i think that we don't have the potential of accomplishing such an enormous task, such a living on another planet. If we were to think about it for a second, we would have to ask ourselves, "ok so will this planet be suitable for maintaining life?", because let's face it we can't always provide for ourselves without the "cooperation" of the planet itself. For example, earth provides us with trees (for oxygen), soil for growing crops (for food). So, basically we have to find a planet that can support the human races' demands and needs. Unless we do such a thing, then I think there's one more question we have to ask ourselves.....How will the human race leave planet earth and ALL go to another planet....you know unless you wanna leave back some people. Just kidding. 

COol

Submitted by 12carrerea on Fri, 2008-12-12 00:31.

I think we will eventually move to another planet, I mean eventually this world will become such a bad place to live in with all the polution and everything so I think the human race will one day live on another planet. And I think our grandchildren will say to their grandchildren how they remember living on earth and how it was such a drity place. Or not even that maybe we'll move because of a ice age, or a warming age or something big like that.

idk

Submitted by 12afsharm on Fri, 2008-12-12 00:52.

maybe when an asteroid strikes the earth, like what happens to the dinosaurs, human wll become extinct. or imagine earth loses its gravitational field strength, and evryone just falls onto different parts of space??!!!

The earth would be destroyed

Submitted by bmong on Fri, 2008-12-12 22:58.

The earth would be destroyed seriously and humans could not live in it anymore. I have read a book before that told me the most suitable planet for humans to live is Mars except earth. But it was said that humans need to travel by spaceship for many years to arrive there. I think  humans would not live in earth anymore sooner or later. The most important thing are that humans should not destroy our earth and study more about the outer space.

This is a really good

Submitted by 11myszkowskio on Mon, 2009-02-23 08:39.

This is a really good question. First of all I agree that we'll probably have to live through an ice age. Even though we barely had any ice ages, they all occured after a long period of time. Since we haven't had one in a while, it might happen soon espically since the planet is a bit messed up now because of global warming. This will kill off a lot of people and force the survivors to try to escape and move to another planet. Since we already have spaceships, we will most likely try to use them to go to another planet and save ourselves.
If we don't get threatened by an ice age, we will be forced to move because the Earth is coming very close to becoming overpopulated. Every year the population is increasing, and since the number of people living here is increasing, then the number of babies per year will also increase. Pretty soon there will be a point where we won't have any room for anyone because it'll be too crowded. China is already facing these issues. In some big cities they enforced a law telling the citizens how many kids they can have.
Sooner or later, we are going to be threatened and we're going to have to move away and the only place available for us at this moment is space.

I agree that this is a

Submitted by AnokiH on Thu, 2009-03-05 12:58.

I agree that this is a really good question. I think that the Earth we live on is a gift and no other planet is like it. Mars is the closest thing to it, but it is not able to support life yet. If the Earth were to "quit" tomorrow, we would be doomed. Hopefully, if god forbid the planet does "quit" we will have somewhere to go to continue to live and prosper.

Your idea is really

AnnaC's picture
Submitted by AnnaC on Thu, 2009-03-19 11:48.

Your idea is really interesting, but also scary to think about. I have also heard about the end of planet earth, but I am convinced that the next ice age will occur in millions of years, therefore it isn't something that we, humans of the 21st century have to worry about. It is very true that someday, the sun will just burn out, and therefore it will once become cold again on our beloved planet Earth. I don't know the exact estimate of in how long this will occur, but I can assure you that it's not something that will happen tomorrow. I look forward to reading your future posts!

I think that if humans are

Submitted by NoahS on Thu, 2009-03-19 12:02.

I think that if humans are on the verge of some intergalactic discovery that will change how we look at Earth. Eventually we are going to have overstayed or welcome on Earth and speed up the planets destruction to the point of no return. One the Earth is completely 'outmoded' I don't think that it would be possible to transport millions or billions of people to another livable planet.

The scientists make a lot

MichelleT's picture
Submitted by MichelleT on Thu, 2009-03-19 12:04.

The scientists make a lot theories about the future of the world and we can't really prove that they are right but it is fun to know how your children's children going to be living

I remember watching that

MariuszG's picture
Submitted by MariuszG on Mon, 2009-03-23 09:28.

I remember watching that also and thinking the same thing. This will probably not happen in our life time, but in millions of years in the future. If you think about it our lifetimes are like a flash in the universe's time. It would most likely be the humans greatest moment in history though. That we all managed to unite and move, not all being separate and one race leaves and another one stays. Most likely after living on that other plant for a while, we will adapt and evolve. Growing new organs, changing skin color, some of our old organs might not even be needed anymore. Most likely after a couple of millions years the human race won't be even recognizable, to how it is now. We might even meet living beings from another planet and then unite. It is a very interesting subject. But if we would like to move to another planet, we need to invent new kinds of space ships, that travel at hyper speed, or jump through holes in space. Right now it is science fiction but in the future, there is a real chance of that becoming the case. However we really will not know until it happens.

Scientists have made a lot

Submitted by AdrianM on Mon, 2009-03-23 09:32.

Scientists have made a lot of theories about future events and how planet Earth will end. There isn't much evidence that there will be another planet that supports life. Astronomers have been working on finding research about Mars. Mars once contained life but we aren't sure if it can contain life now. We've recently found out that there was once water on Mars. Even if we did find another planet that supports life, we wouldn't move there right away. Earth is life our perfect home, it has the resources we need and the proper structure of life. Moving all of our population to another planet would cost a huge amount of money and a very long time. Let's just see what is going to happen December 21,2012 when the Mayan calendar comes to an end.

This is it!

Submitted by idestella on Sat, 2012-06-02 12:08.

AdrianM made a good point about there not being much evidence that human life is possible on other planets, at least in this solar system. Planet Earth is the only space ship we get. This is it!

Scientists have made a lot

I hope that one day humans

Submitted by JonathanL on Mon, 2009-03-23 09:35.

I hope that one day humans can colonize another planet. We are depleting our resources faster than ever. Global warming is on the rise and CO2 emissions are higher than ever. Earth, just like everything else in the universe won't last forever. Colonizing a planet will be EXTREMELY difficult. Earth is sometimes dubbed the "Goldilocks planet" because its not too hot and not too cold. Its just right. Also, we need to have liquid water on this new planet we're colonizing. We haven't seen any planets in our solar system that have liquid water and the farthest we've been is the moon. One day, astronauts are going to Mars but still, I don't see a way we can colonize it yet.

i will never move to another

Submitted by khassan on Mon, 2009-03-30 11:33.

i will never move to another planet, this one means too much to me

I never really thought about

Submitted by 12narvaeza on Mon, 2009-04-06 17:38.

I never really thought about it but it does make sense that we will create the destruction of our own planet in which we may have to move to a new planet to continue the human race but still how would we get food and stuff to survive in a new planet?
hmmm...
-ash

Wow.... that's pretty

Submitted by 12tongk on Thu, 2009-04-23 22:04.

Wow.... that's pretty interesting. This is very... wow? Wouldn't it be interesting if we lived on a different planet? After all, we are killing this planet; but, we haven't found a planet yet that could constain human life.

To answer that question yes

troya's picture
Submitted by troya on Mon, 2009-08-24 04:30.

To answer that question yes eventually,by force or sure will. If Humans are even still on earth in the next million years than they will have to come up with something because are Sun is actually increasing. This will inevetably cause the ingulfment of Mercury,Venus, and the EARTH! Didn't Mean to get all NASA on yah!

maybe one day humans will

JocelinG's picture
Submitted by JocelinG on Wed, 2009-10-07 19:26.

maybe one day humans will have to move into another planet because of global warming- pollution.

Scientists now adays have

Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 2011-09-16 17:01.

Scientists now adays have found a planet that is exactly like earth. It has water, air, and land. We've been working on a giant space ship that will carry everyone. This planet is pretty far, we've only discovered it about maybe 1 year or even 5 months ago.