Will there be problems with Obama being in office?

Career goals

By: Etta Hulme

Jan 22,2009

I thought that this image was interesting, because it deals with Barack Obama, the new president of the United States. There was alot of controversy having to do with Obama becoming president, due to the fact of his race and that there has never been another black president in the US. Many people had a problem with this, even though in reality it shouldn't make a difference what race he is, as long as he does his job well. This cartoon made me think more about Obama's presidency and what problems he might face.

What I think Etta Hulme is trying to say by this cartoon is that Obama will face serious problems in his presidency. I think that this is the message she is trying to convey by the cacti below Obama. She seems to think that he has to be very careful with his actions so that he doesn't "land on the cacti" or give more reason to those who are against him to complain or protest.        

I agree with what you said

Submitted by 11llanerae on Mon, 2009-03-30 09:07.

I agree with what you said that Obama really needs to be careful about his actions. People are more eager to criticize him because of his race, as low as that sounds that is what some people think.

Erica L.

I agree that Obama is

Submitted by 11oconnork on Mon, 2009-03-30 19:16.

I agree that Obama is definetly going to have to make his way through some rough patches and I think that this cartoon shows that. All we can do is hope for the best!