Would You Eat Insects?

by: 18rahmani
Is This the Future?

Ishnad Rahman
BSGE

Would You Eat Insects?

Personally, I would say that I would never want to eat insects because the idea of eating an insect disgusts me. All my life I was thought that insects were some horrible creatures, which they are. My whole life I thought an insect was small creatures you find in between my couches and eating it would be disgusting. I couldn’t eat an insect because it would be unethical for me. Also you do not really know where an insect came from. There are people who give different reasons that insects are good to eat but I would never eat any type of insect.
Are insects any beneficial to the body? According to statistics, yes they are. They include much of a protein source. They can provide the same protein source as meats and beef can. They have higher levels of calcium, zinc, and iron. Some insects provide vitamins that not even plants can provide. Even though statistics show that eating insects can benefit you it actually depends because it's not like you're going to eat an insect right off your floor. It takes immense cleaning of the bug. Also, eating a great number of bugs can lead to a few side effects that are not good.
Meat can make a person very sick, but can bugs? Besides the point that bugs are really dirty bugs can not make a person sick. Insects can not lead to salmonella or listeria. If we consumed bugs we would not have to use much pesticides. Even though we act like we would never eat bugs, probably 80 percent of people have actually eaten bugs, because a lot of our foods already consist of bugs. A popular food, chocolate contains about “60 insect parts” per 100 grams. Many of you eat sushi and before sushi was considered to be unethical but now it is a common dish. Who knows maybe people will be eating bugs in the near future.
In conclusion, would you eat bugs? Many would eat bugs just for the fun and they would be able to say that they eat insects, but maybe insects are good for the human body. Signs indicate that eating bugs will be more common in the near future as we already consume a lot of bug parts.