Would You Help Him?

by: 16huday

I created the Scratch animation “Would You Help Him?” as my response to a project to create an interactive ethical story. An ethical story is a story that teaches the reader good moral(s) in his/her life.

My story is about a robber that decides to rob a deli but faces the decision of helping the injured manager or ignoring his pleas for help and just robbing it.

My story was inspired by me. I looked out the window and saw some of my dad’s friends come out from the deli and that’s how the story came to me.

I think I was successful in creating my story because I fulfilled all the requirements- my story was interactive, the avatar would always say “Press Space to enter this door” and so forth. The player was able to make a decision at the end with two choices and with each decision came a distinct ending that either resulted in the player’s demise or a reward waited for him. However, the bump comes up with time. I think that the story was a bit less than 3 minutes.

Comment

16belchikovn's picture
Submitted by 16belchikovn on Thu, 2012-01-05 19:53.

I liked your animation because it was very entertaining and interesting.I noticed that you didn't add a background for some of the scenes, it would've made the scene look more realistic. The ethical dilemma in your story is that a man is faced with a chance to take advantage of someone when they are hurt or not to mug them. You are very specific to the consequences of the choices. Mugging the guy sounded like an easy way to get money fast but you get thrown in jail and hunted by the police before that.

GOOD JOB! your story

Submitted by 17palominos on Wed, 2012-04-25 20:08.

GOOD JOB!
your story represents all the requirements you set for this animation the sprites are interactive as with the whole animation. thhis piece revolves around the whole "dilemma" and "ethical" theme. there was only but one problem that you said though the whole animation wasn't three minutes but jst ignore that.

Animation

Submitted by 17bostj on Thu, 2012-04-26 06:35.

Good Job!Your animation has all key elements into making an ethical dilemma.The animation had more than one point at which you could interact.The animation had a good story,and should set an example that could happen an a daily situation.