WTF?!?!?! FLYING POTATOES?! D:

by: ELashley
Favorite authors
Favorite books

So tonight I was sitting downstairs in my dads fiances house, doing our usual family devotion. This family devotion crap is about us sitting down in a room reading passages from the Bible and basically discussing what we have learned. Tonight my eyes were opened to this passage and my heart felt..... damn idk what word to use at this moment... But yeah this passage really spoke to me in some and I thought I would share it to see what you thought....

Isaiah 54:6-10 "The Lord will call you back as if you were a wife deserted and distressed in spirit-- a wife who married young, only to be rejected," says your God. "For a brief moment I abandonded you, but with deep compassion I will bring you back. In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you," says the Lord your Redeemer. "To me this is like the days of Noah, when I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth. So now I have sworn not to be angry with you, never to rebuke you again. Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be moved, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

I guess you can say I like the feeling of knowing that no matter what, I am loved. For my actions I am forgiven and my sins can be washed away. Knowing that something so mighty and awesome loves me and doesn't look down on me for the ridiculous human features I do. I am thankful and I just don't know what happened, but I felt the urge to write (or technically type) my feelings.