Xenophobia related to Trump

by: lancegui

Article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/us/politics/donald-trump-muslims.html?...

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/07/01/does-donald-trump-tap-int...

Xenophobia, a major dystopian trait occurs in the most of dystopian novels, occurs in reality over and over. Xenophobia has become more serious in 2015, especially, because of the Syrian refugee issues, and ISIL radical actions. Unlike most dystopian novels, although now people are educated in good virtues: sympathy and right judgement, people are still afraid of others when it comes to the violent actions and their own comfort.

In this Tuesday, “Donald J. Trump on Tuesday stood by his call to block all Muslims from entering the United States. He cast it as a temporary move in response to terrorism, invoked President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s authorization of the detention of Japanese, German and Italian immigrants during World War II as precedent.” During this particular time, after San Bernardino shooting, people are supporting the community to stay strong, but what Trump said it is frightening. In fact, some people even support what Trump said. Under fear of violent action, people lost their clear mind. As a frontrunner in the Republican Party, he needs to be responsible to the people whoever in this country or will entry this country. American core values are not including the hate, particularly in religion beliefs and races.

Some Trump’s statements bring out the xenophobia against particular countries, like China. “A Pew Research Center survey conducted last year found that 55 percent of Americans have an unfavorable view of China. A separate study conducted by CNBC and communications firm Burson-Marsteller in September found that 71 percent of Americans would view a corporation less favorably if they discovered it was based in China.” My thoughts on this that people are fear about something does not really related or concerned about general population. China is a growing power internationally, especially in productions. The way of productions has changed because cheaper laboring. I would say there is really deep fear in white culture in America, and we haven't really contented with unconscious or subconscious bias and how that operates in our society. In fact, China and the U.S. has grown so large that people are feared? I think it is a double win for both countries, because the U.S. and China need different things from other people.

U.S. xenophobia is well extend beyond China, and Muslims. People simply do not understand the truth. In fact, all of Trump’s statements and endorsements are from xenophobia from other places, like Mexican Immigrants, religions hate, and China.