YouTube, Is It A Job?

For many adult Americans youtube is another social media platform use to waste your time or watch a how to video. But many young Americans see this platform as a way to make money and they do this by doing what they love. people see youtube that it won't help you get feather in life but you can. With youtube you can make $130,000 a year. and this is just a small amount. A Famous Youtuber Tyler Oakley that went to my High school has 8,000,000 subscribers and has a net worth of $2 million dollars. This is just the little thing that shows it's a job. This show that you don't have to work a job you don't want. For once you can do a job that you love. This is a huge reason why I feel its a job.

Youtube is considered a

eric_yu2001's picture
Submitted by eric_yu2001 on Fri, 2016-05-27 11:55.

Youtube is considered a hobby, but there are multiple things today that are hobbies and lead to jobs. For example. the world-famous Feliks Zemdegs, world's fastest Rubik's cube solver is being payed by multiple rubik's cube companies to advertise and tour around the world. Some people take them as important as finding a job, and they will find support from others along the way.

boogie2988 (not appropriate) is being payed by Google to keep his popularity up. Pewdiepie gets sponsored by an enormous amount of advertisements and gaming companies, as he has the most youtube subscribers in the world. Ryan Higa quit college to film youtube videos, and has been sponsored by fashion companies, ads and multiple other things I don't know that has made him a fortune. However, these opportunities are very rare. There are too much good youtubers in the world for all of them to be famous.

Hey Jordan, That's crazy that

Submitted by connorc on Fri, 2016-05-27 13:22.

Hey Jordan,
That's crazy that people can make that kind of money. I know all about how YouTube pays it's popular channels for advertisements and other things, but I never really looked into the figures. That's crazy that someone from our high school could get so much money just from making youtube videos about what he's good at. And people do it all over the country! I kind of wish that I could get into it and just work from home my whole life, but I don't know college sounds kind of nice too. Haha. Would you ever consider being a youtuber? Good post!
Best,
Connor C