The Omnivores Dilemma: The Secrets Behind What We Eat

It's time to become a food detective." Michael Pollan's book "The Omnivore's Dilemma" guides us through the mystery of where our food comes from. You will never look at the food you eat the same way again!!

Do you eat to live or live to eat? Yesterday in class we had to answer this question. What do I do? I do both I have to eat to survive. Without food we are going to die. But people live to eat because everyone want to try different foods. I eat chinese food, spanish food and mexican food.
I would eat to live because , food helps us to grow and have all the energy you need to survive. You should eat vegetables and meat to be strong. If you don't eat you can be sick, or maybe die. Sometimes you don't have to eat because the food is good, you eat because you want to be strong. This is the reason why I say "I eat to live". Thank you for reading.
America suffers through many things. We have so many options of food that it tends to affect us humans. We eat food from all around the world. We can like food but sometimes people can tend to love it and eat it all the time. This is when people suffer the consequences and get a eating disorder. The person can become obese just by eating everything they like.
The term national eating disorder means that Americans have a national problem. Americans have access to many foods around the world. They can become used to it and that makes them want it more. Then they can become obese.
Americans are more vulnerable to becoming obese because there are fast food resturants everywhere. You see fast foods resturants like McDonalds, Burger King, and Popeyes almost on every block or every other block. Its usually packed in the fast food resturants on a regular basis. They use the same oils to deep fry which is unhealthy. Americans eat big proportions. For example if you go in McDonalds and watch someone making a order, they'll order something like a big mac, large coke, large fries, and a side order. Sometimes resturants have coupons or sales like buy 1 burger get one free or buy an order of $10.00 or more and get any shake of your choice which attracts more customers. Other countries usually have different diets and different eating habits. For example in China, they eat very healthy and most Chinese people are slim.