Reforming Education in New York City

Most agree that we could be doing a better job of educating the youth of New York City. Classrooms need to enlivened, updated, and students need to be empowered. The drop-out rate is too high. Shifting to higher standards is something we are all working on. Large schools are being closed and smaller schools have replaced them. Teachers and students are under pressure to increase success on standardized tests. What are the real problems facing our schools in New York City? What are some of the solutions that we know work? What gets in the way of changing schools in New York City? What changes would you like to see?

Follow this link, Reforming Education in New York City, to a Gooru Collection of multimedia resources, guidelines, tasks, and assignments that will lead you through an inquiry into this issue of educational reform in New York City.
Get more instructions and links for guidelines and tasks to follow by clicking on Narration in the top right corner of each resource.