Today's Featured Discussions

Argument

The Shock of Physical Primary Voting

The New York primary was looked forward in my household. Excited after attending a Sanders rally out in Washington Square park, I had been sure of New York voter turnout and had convinced my father to vote for Bernie. At six thirty in the morning,...

The Wage Gap is Real

It is 2016 and according to Beyonce women are running the world so why are women getting paid 78% of what men do? It is not like the early 1900s where women do not even have the right to vote or the opportunity to be fired for getting pregnant is...

Is Donald Trump Really That Bad?

First off, I do NOT support Donald Trump. I think his actions and his plans for the "new America" is completely ignorant, and ignores the foundation of our country as a whole. This thread is mainly to raise arguments about the true reasons of Donald...

FIFA Scandal

Human Gene Editing survey

Please take a moment to fill out my survey! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18JVOtGwWrnZGka66rTvN1_Bq3k8OvY5oQjgdsMA...

Arts and Entertainment

The Raven

This advertisement represents on how people being stress and going through depression. This bird is tending to be prescribed with medication to get rid of its stressful life. The raven shows that when you take pills and get addicted to them you...
1

Dragon Survey

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-As-y64Gp6mY5qpuCozKRvLe9wHFjXw4EvqdJNU...

Modern design

Cars are looking better than they have in years, a lot of years. With spectacular lines and accessories to follow, we aren't only driving the present, but the future. Cars off all makers and models are getting the big picture nowadays. I personally...

Superhero Questionnaire!

This is a brief, fun survey about superheroes and their role in pop culture: Loading...

Love operator

This image is about the poem called "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe. The main problem in the poem is that Poe can't cope with the loss of his loved one. This image is an advertisement for a service that will help his withdraws. The X-rays shows that...

Booktalk

Will You #16

Once upon a time on a gloomy dark night, I was thinking while helpless, With some weird old books I got at the used book store, Almost asleep, I heard some poor sounding knocking Like someone was gently knocking, knocking upon my front door. “Aw, it...

Mystical Raven

Raven is a large heavily built crow with mainly black plumage, feeding chiefly on carrion. It has long been considered a bird of ill omen and of interest to creators of myths and legends. Raven is considered both negative and positive in every...

My Version of "The Ravan"

In the following poem " The Raven " by Edgar Allen poe, I will be translating his first stanza to modern English/ Slang. The Original first stanza: Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary, over many a quaint and curious...

Internship reflection

It was a boring week for me on tuesday we had a lecture about community college, the lady who was lecturing was the president of laney college. on thursday I went to pediatrics and we were fileing that day my mentor was not there that day too so we...

Internship reflection

Connected Research

Gun control survey

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Y5KK762

Gun control survey

Dance Research

Google Search The front page of the Google Search when searching “dance” is mainly websites and locations of local dance studios. It also includes some recent news articles about dance which involve Dancing with the Stars, dance music (a type of...

Gale Research

My Curious Research project is on why fashion trends evolve, and what impacts the changes fashion goes through. On Gale Database I found a book titled The Complete History of Costume and Fashion by Bronwyn Cosgrave. This book looked interesting for...

Curious Researcher IV

Exploring more into EBSCO I was able to find more articles that helped to give me some more in depth information towards answering the questions I had last week. One article I found even helped shed light on people's perspectives towards what...

español

La Gringa

The overall premises of the play being flexible is very interesting, but the actual execution of the story is bland. The props they used got the job done but one part of the play where they were on a farm and used a burlap sack as the dirt was...

La Gringa

LTI BLOG 3

This week i learned more about their schedule and how they teach the kids that aren't from a spanish background to speak spanish. I also learned more about how their school came along. I finally learned the schedule of the classes I help every...

¿Qué debemos hacer con el "Día de Colón"?

El "Día de Colón"   En los Estados Unidos, el 12 de octubre se ha celebrado por muchos años como “Columbus Day” (Día de Colón).  En España y Latinoamérica, se ha celebrado como “Día de la Raza” por alrededor de cien años.  ...

Mi nombre

Mi nombre es William. Vino. de mi papa. Mi nombre me recuerda de mi papa. Mi nombre expresa gusta.

From the Middle (6-8)

The Adventures of Jake and Jenkins

This is a tragic story of two animals trying to go back into time to correct their mistakes. They end up creating more black holes as they change things in alternate universes, so they resort to reseting the entire universe. Through this ordeal, a...

Judge it Properly!

"Don't judge a book by its cover" We probably have all heard of this saying, and experienced a time when you judged a "book" by its cover. I have experienced times where I felt that it is very important not to judge something or someone by their "...

How Too Much Homework Can Actually Hurt

Homework, in small portions, can be a good thing. It helps us review material from class, and gives us new challenges to think about. However, it seems that many schools are now providing homework simply as a way to grade a student. Although it...
14

Donald Trump and the KKK? What's up with that?

The Washington Post reported that Donald Trump's dad was arrested in 1927 during a march of the KKK that turned violent. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/02/28/in-1927-donald... This past weekend, Donald Trump was asked in an...
2

Your Spirit Animal

If you could choose one spirit animal to represent you, what animal would it be? Like my bio states, my spirit animal would have to be a duck. Ducks usually chill out floating about the water. In my case, the water represents problems in everyday in...
3

Gaming and New Media

Moving to New York

Here's my storyboard about immigration: Made with Storyboard That
1

Which minecraft mode is better?

In Sean C.Duncan essay, “Minecraft, Beyond Construction and Survival,”from https://via.hypothes.is/http://press.etc.cmu.edu/files/WellPlayed-v1n1-1..., the author wrote an essay about minecraft and all its features. When we...
2
I'm reading Sean C. Duncan's essay, “Minecraft, Beyond Construction and Survival” from https://via.hypothes.is/http://press.etc.cmu.edu/files/WellPlayed-v1n1-1..., My question is: Is Minecraft a good tool in school, when they know it's distraction...
4

missing out

This week at my internship was short for me because last thursday I didn't go because of my asthma and tuesday I didn't go because my class went on a field trip. When I went yesterday all the kids missed me and ran to give me a hug. Yesterday I...

The Future of Video Games

Have you ever wondered what video games will turn into in the the future. Currently games are getting a little repetitive. What I mean is that not enough new ideas or features are coming out. Many games these days are just shooting people to win or...

Letters to Decision Makers

Interviewing Experts on Neurology

Contacting experts for an interview via email, letter, or person is an excellent way to provide more support or even rebuttal to one's research. For my class's research papers in my class AP Language and Composition, my teacher requested that we...

The Peace Corps and Other Volunteer Agencies

Through my researching of the efficacy of the Peace Corps in the modern day, I turned to Gale Resources and was able to find a story about the Let Girls Learn campaign in Ghana, which happens to benefit from the organization. The Peace Corps happens...

digestive

I just read a Wikipedia article: Digestion Digestion. (2015, August 27). Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 17:41, March 4, 2016 from https://via.hypothes.is/https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digestion i researched this article be...

Vote for Jill Stein for President 2016

Waste of Resources: Wildlife Conservation

http://leanmanufacturingtools.org/136/waste-of-resources-causes-symptoms... Minimal overview of leaving on appliances and allowing them to idle whilst wasting electricity will cost a small fortune when it comes time to pay the electricity bill, and...

Our Space (K-5)

Winter bush

little people

Before JA Day I didn't want to go to an Elementary School and teach little kids. I wasn't excited to see little kids run around the classroom.

My Creed Project

I always believe that people need friends because friends can lead you to get close to this society, help you come of age and let you understand more about this world. Friendship is like a process that gets you through lots of different situations...

Conflict

Pri is a good kid but he is doing bad in school because hangs out with the bad kids who don't like school. Pii says, "School stunk. I hated school." Piri does not like school but only because of influences from this boys. This shows a man vs....

Mr Linden's Library

He had warned Lindsey about the book now it was too late, because Lindsey read the book but she fell asleep as she was reading the book,and the book vines were coming out and Lindsey didn't feel anything. Is that what Mr linden had warned...

Our Stories and Poems

The Change of My Life

I am a person who likes life with much love and concordance. I like my personality. I am enjoyable. I enjoy life in my own way and I enjoy it with my family. One thing I want to change about myself is my easy way of being and my face of being a...
1

Omondi’s GOALS!

Omondi’s GOALS! Recently, i watched a short film called i want to be a pilot by diego quemada diez. The film is about a kid who want to a pilot. His name is omondi and he is 12 years...

My Directions

I'm writing this directions to show you how I get to New Directions Secondary School. First I leave my house. them I walk up the street to sheredan ave. I make a left on 170 street to 171 street. After I make a left on sheredan ave. Then I make...

My Directions

I'm writing this directions to show you how I get to New Directions Secondary School. First I leave my house. them I walk up the street to sheredan ave. I make a left on 171 street to 171 street. After I make a left on sheredan ave. Then I make...

Vocabulary Problem

I want to change my vocabulary because sometimes I speak too loud and sometimes I say bad words, and this is a bad thing. Sometimes I want to change my life, but afterward, I say, ‘’No, I like this life ." But it is a lie because I don’t like my...

Teachers Teaching Teachers

My self

Two things I want to change about my self are getting good grades and change he way I react to statuions . For example if i'm mad at a person I take my anger on everybody.For example I want to stop coming to school late and I want to stop cutting...

Is Political Correctness Correct?

What’s With Kids These Days? I have grown up in an environment that is surrounded by growing adolescents,as any person does, but I have been blessed with the opportunity to observe people grow because my mother is a First Grade teacher. I often...

Flaws in our educational system (Research Prospectus)

Education is a highly valued resource in today’s modern society. It is considered necessary for success in the majority of careers. In order to ensure all students an equal shot at success and meeting high standards in their professional careers,...
2

Connecting around topics on Youth Voices

There are many topics that YV students across the country are researching and writing about, and we want to have more ways to connect about these. Below is a document where students can add their names to topics they are exploring and and then...

little schooler

practicing in the bus with your team getting nervous to teach the kids and you don't know what to do with your turn to present your students and your team to while standing getting worried and nervous and you stirred while saying your subject and...

Video Conversations

Trump Meme YouceVoices Live

WARNING: THIS CONTAINS PERSONAL POLITICAL VIEWS I made this meme about Trump. Actually it's a parody of some Trump Hitler pictures which you can find on Google. Since we have the Trump hair cliché, I caught that. Read it as heil Trump--remember the...

Presidential Memes YVL 3/28/16

1

who i admire

MY brother show me u can love any type of music. ROCK,POP,Rap and etc, he showed me how to sing not really but practices my vocals. TO Better improve, the first song i ever listen too that i understand was feel so close to by calvin harris . i...

Why Do People Have To Struggle To Live Video Treatment

The reason I am interested in this topic is because people have that one time or day that everybody struggles in their lives and the reason why they struggle and how they deal with it are interesting. To learn more about: my topic, I did some online...

vox pop interview