Today's Featured Discussions

Argument

Gun Talk

Beery, Aj Eugene. "Guns." Bitsrips. Bitstrips, 25 May 2016. Web. 26 May 2016. This picture made by me shows what I hear many people say about guns. The man's response is my reaction. The purpose is to show how people like to blame the guns for all...
1

Gun Talk

Why Bernie Sanders Should Be Our Next President

Worked done with: Adam Francavilla (http://youthvoices.net/users/adam447) and Myles Kirby (http://youthvoices.net/users/kirbym19)
1

YouTube, Is It A Job?

For many adult Americans youtube is another social media platform use to waste your time or watch a how to video. But many young Americans see this platform as a way to make money and they do this by doing what they love. people see youtube that it...
3

Bike Lanes

https://magic.piktochart.com/output/14093204-untitled-report\ I did a infographic on bike lanes because I want more bike lanes to be put in in michigan. Source: http://www.peopleforbikes.org/green-lane-project/pages/inventory-of-prot...

Arts and Entertainment

Women Shelter

The program started when a group of women volunteers dream of trying to helped women especially homeless women for shelter, food, and other supports that they needed. The mission of the Women’s Daytime Drop-In Center is to empower women and children...

The Honest Woodman

This is my Scratch animation for my Technology Class. Our goal was to make an animation of a folktale that had the protagonist make a decision. But the main goal was to make it interactive where the viewer chooses what happens in the story and...

The Emperor's New Clothes

Intro:   Wow! Hans Christian Anderson really wrote a great story- The Emperor’s New Clothes! I had so much fun animating a different version of it that I wrote for a project in my Tech class. It was a unit that was all about making a moral...

The Raven by The Brothers Grimm

Act 1: Narrator: In a castle far away, there once was a Queen who had a child too young to crawl. The child starts crying for no reason and the Queen has tried to do everything she could. (Princess starts having a tantrum and will not stop) Queen:...

The Raven by The Brothers Grimm

Booktalk

Their Eyes Were Watching Zora

Zora Neale Hurston, an African-American writer and her involvement with the Harlem Renaissance around the 1930’s. Best known for her 1937 novel Their Eyes Were Watching God, taking place in Eatonville, Florida where the main character Janie...

Will this book help us live longer?

I started “Omnivore's Dilemma” by Michael Pollan, and my first impression is that in the book I think isn’t the right book because the first thing I saw was the cover of the book and the paragraph 13 and 14 in “ Omnivore’s Dilemma ” it talks about...

The secret things in our food

I just started reading the Omnivore’s Dilemma,and my first impression was it is kinda a good book to know about food. At first when it said it would change my life, i was not quite sure about that. But once i found out that every food was made from...

First questions

I just started reading “The Omnivore's Dilemma” by Michael Pollan ,and my first impression is “ what is this book about?”Also “how is everything corn in the supermarket?” One question I have is “ how is this book going to change my life?” What I...

How did corn take over America?

I'm learning more about where my food comes from in The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan right now, and in particular, what I'm wondering about is: Why do we use more corn than any other crop? As a matter of fact, it's the most used ingredient...

Connected Research

Gun Control School Project

I was doing this project for school class. Apologize for not updating the movie destroyers for about three months or so but I'm going to watch X-men Apocalypse this weekend so I suggest that you can wait for the spoiler stuffs and critical...

Raise Your Voices Infographic

Here is my Raise Your Voices infographic on mass shootings: https://magic.piktochart.com/output/14143015-gun-control

Plastic Surgery in Korea

Human Trafficking

Raise your voices

http://prezi.com/vk3fegxk56gf/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0... For my project I choose to do a prezi, in which I showed a few pictures of how phones/ media are affecting our culture negatively. I am somewhat torn on the subject...

español

La Gringa

The overall premises of the play being flexible is very interesting, but the actual execution of the story is bland. The props they used got the job done but one part of the play where they were on a farm and used a burlap sack as the dirt was...

La Gringa

LTI BLOG 3

This week i learned more about their schedule and how they teach the kids that aren't from a spanish background to speak spanish. I also learned more about how their school came along. I finally learned the schedule of the classes I help every...

¿Qué debemos hacer con el "Día de Colón"?

El "Día de Colón"   En los Estados Unidos, el 12 de octubre se ha celebrado por muchos años como “Columbus Day” (Día de Colón).  En España y Latinoamérica, se ha celebrado como “Día de la Raza” por alrededor de cien años.  ...

Mi nombre

Mi nombre es William. Vino. de mi papa. Mi nombre me recuerda de mi papa. Mi nombre expresa gusta.

From the Middle (6-8)

This project is an animated version of Goldilocks and the three bears. The user has the experience of making a choice to choose where the story goes, whether Goldilocks lies about her wrongdoings or she tells the truth. This is based on the original...

Unit 3 Project: Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Here’s an introduction to my Scratch interactive story, called “The Military Adventures of Sam and Alex”. I was inspired to do this off of the story by the Brothers Grimm, Partlett and Chanticleer. I enjoyed it, and even though it was one of the...

Scratch unit 3 project

This is an alteration to the classic cinderella tale. It was originally a project for my tech class. This unit focuses on the moral choices characters makes in stories or in real life and how to animate it. It was frustrating trying to create it but...

The Ant and the Grasshopper

This is a project that I did for Tech class. We took a fairy tale and changed it so it had two different endings. Let me know if you enjoyed!   Script: THE ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER   The Setting A grasshopper and an ant are in a...

Gaming and New Media

Father Frost Animation

My project was showing how greed takes over humans into making them make bad decisions. It showed how a person decided to make a decision for her own good overlooking the needs of others which ended up in a bad consequences for...

The Little Red Riding Hood

My scratch animation is based off of the Grimm Brother’s Little Red Riding Hood. My intentions behind creating this animation was to teach the audience a life lesson. I wanted them to learn that they should never talk to...

Diamonds and Toads

Introduction: To create my animation, I incorporated the dialogue of the fairy tale into the animation. I created 15 different poses in total of 7 characters. I made sure that everything was linked up and that no speech bubbles overlap. To make my...

Moving to New York

Here's my storyboard about immigration: Made with Storyboard That
1

Which minecraft mode is better?

In Sean C.Duncan essay, “Minecraft, Beyond Construction and Survival,”from https://via.hypothes.is/http://press.etc.cmu.edu/files/WellPlayed-v1n1-1..., the author wrote an essay about minecraft and all its features. When we...
2

Letters to Decision Makers

Interviewing Experts on Neurology

Contacting experts for an interview via email, letter, or person is an excellent way to provide more support or even rebuttal to one's research. For my class's research papers in my class AP Language and Composition, my teacher requested that we...

The Peace Corps and Other Volunteer Agencies

Through my researching of the efficacy of the Peace Corps in the modern day, I turned to Gale Resources and was able to find a story about the Let Girls Learn campaign in Ghana, which happens to benefit from the organization. The Peace Corps happens...

digestive

I just read a Wikipedia article: Digestion Digestion. (2015, August 27). Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 17:41, March 4, 2016 from https://via.hypothes.is/https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digestion i researched this article be...

Vote for Jill Stein for President 2016

Waste of Resources: Wildlife Conservation

http://leanmanufacturingtools.org/136/waste-of-resources-causes-symptoms... Minimal overview of leaving on appliances and allowing them to idle whilst wasting electricity will cost a small fortune when it comes time to pay the electricity bill, and...

Our Space (K-5)

Winter bush

little people

Before JA Day I didn't want to go to an Elementary School and teach little kids. I wasn't excited to see little kids run around the classroom.

My Creed Project

I always believe that people need friends because friends can lead you to get close to this society, help you come of age and let you understand more about this world. Friendship is like a process that gets you through lots of different situations...

Conflict

Pri is a good kid but he is doing bad in school because hangs out with the bad kids who don't like school. Pii says, "School stunk. I hated school." Piri does not like school but only because of influences from this boys. This shows a man vs....

Mr Linden's Library

He had warned Lindsey about the book now it was too late, because Lindsey read the book but she fell asleep as she was reading the book,and the book vines were coming out and Lindsey didn't feel anything. Is that what Mr linden had warned...

Our Stories and Poems

Elbow Conspiracies

Anfernie Mercedes 4/1/2016 “Elbow Conspiracies” Characters: Mr. De Jesus/ Assistant...

Unit 3 Final Project:Rumeplstiltskin

Unit 3 Project: Rumpelstiltskin

The Big Game with the Difficult Coach that I Loved

Characters: Raynier: A young, cocky baseball player that sometimes doubts his abilities. Coach: A middle-aged man. Stern and strict, but is well respected and liked by his players. He serves as a father-figure to many of his players. Intro: I...

dialogue

Characters: mom,dad,john and brother When summer vaca started one day i was in my room with my brother playing games and my mom walked in my room. We started talking about somethings. Mom : john have you ever wanted to go to london ? Me: i havent...

Teachers Teaching Teachers

The Owl (Unit 3 Story)

My project shows the importance of acceptance. Within my story, the townspeople are afraid of the owl so they make rash decisions. It is their lack of acceptance that leads to the exile of town members. They are afraid and refuse to accept, and so...

My self

Two things I want to change about my self are getting good grades and change he way I react to statuions . For example if i'm mad at a person I take my anger on everybody.For example I want to stop coming to school late and I want to stop cutting...

Is Political Correctness Correct?

What’s With Kids These Days? I have grown up in an environment that is surrounded by growing adolescents,as any person does, but I have been blessed with the opportunity to observe people grow because my mother is a First Grade teacher. I often...

Flaws in our educational system (Research Prospectus)

Education is a highly valued resource in today’s modern society. It is considered necessary for success in the majority of careers. In order to ensure all students an equal shot at success and meeting high standards in their professional careers,...
2

Connecting around topics on Youth Voices

There are many topics that YV students across the country are researching and writing about, and we want to have more ways to connect about these. Below is a document where students can add their names to topics they are exploring and and then...

Video Conversations

Suicide Prevention

Suicide Prevention is well explained in this video.150,000 Americans suicide every year. 23 million people suicide every year on the earth. This video clearly explains how to prevent and give advice if someone is planning to suicide. THANKS FOR...

My Grandma

Trump Meme YouceVoices Live

WARNING: THIS CONTAINS PERSONAL POLITICAL VIEWS I made this meme about Trump. Actually it's a parody of some Trump Hitler pictures which you can find on Google. Since we have the Trump hair cliché, I caught that. Read it as heil Trump--remember the...

Presidential Memes YVL 3/28/16

1

who i admire

MY brother show me u can love any type of music. ROCK,POP,Rap and etc, he showed me how to sing not really but practices my vocals. TO Better improve, the first song i ever listen too that i understand was feel so close to by calvin harris . i...