Today's Featured Discussions

Argument

America: A Nation United in Purpose, Divided in Name

There exists a fundamental misconception about the lines that divide American society. People - experts and ignorants alike - have come to believe this nation has been split into two culturally and geographically distinct groups: red and blue, or...
0

Should Schools Ban Junk Food?

Junk food is generally any food that’s low in essential nutrients and high in everything else—in particular calories and sodium. President Obama has recently proposed an idea of banning junk food from all schools. I believe that junk food should be...
0

Should School ban junk food?

Junk food is unhealthy food that’s high in sugar and fat. President Obama wants to ban all junk food in high schools. Although junk food are bad for you, they’re quick to make and are very cheap. In my opinion I believe we should ban junk because it...
0

Collage Essay: The Meaning Behind Literature

Why do we even bother to make art? Why write and read books, when television and the internet is all that we really need to be updated of the modern world? There are questions that most of us ponder when considering the value of literature in today...
0

The undocumented question

Have you ever been faced with the infamous question of what kind of Immigration reform should be passed, but are always too confused about the issue or just don't know anything about it? Well look no further than at the research paper linked above...
0

Arts and Entertainment

Hamlet Mural Blog Update #4

Today, I spent my time redrawing the drawings I had finished yesterday and coloring them again. While I was at my program, my mom brought my little cousins into my room to play. They saw the color pencils and what they thought were paper they could...
0

Hamlet Mural Blog Update #3

Today I spent my time with finalizing all my drawings and started coloring most of them. Also, I typed up my quotes then printed them out. I used the quotes and cut and pasted them on to the canvas. The quotes were pasted all around the edges of the...
0

hamlet final project blog 2

So far the progress that I have accomplished Im my project is to have drawn a man in the shadows that represents Hamlet. Then I drew the rim reaper that represents dead throughout the whole play.
0

Art Therapy

Art therapy has been around for a long time. That being said, however, only recently have new developments really pushed it forward into a place of a respected treatment. As for the effect of art therapy on cancer patients, the results are...
0

A Real Look @ Hipsters

Hipsters are usually viewed as just an obnoxious group of people, who try and do what nobody else is doing at the time, because that's just how they roll, but there is so much more to be said about them and their origins. First being introduced...
0

Booktalk

Trust Issues

I trust no one Everyone that I know is a murderer. But not like I nor the king. But their treachery is the same as killing. I despise their treachery. They are all no good spies to me. Their fast tongues that reveals secrets is like stabbing a man...
0

Working Progress

So for my final project in my AP English class for Hamlet I choose to go with a poetry collection. Throughout the play, there is a lot of death involved, so that has been my main focus of my poems. They're just pretty much just Hamlet's thoughts to...
0
“WHEN DOES A NOVEL BEGIN? The question is almost as difficult to answer as the question, when does the human embryo become a person? Certainly the creation of a novel rarely begins with the penning or typing of its first words, ” (Lodge 3). “MAGICAL...
0

The Slaughter of Animals

“A few days after we came home from the hospital, I sent a letter to a friend, including a photo of my son and some first impressions of fatherhood. He responded, simply, 'Everything is possible again.' It was the perfect thing to write, because...
0

Eating animals by Jonathan

I think that eating animals is a very controversial issue that has many arguments. On one hand, animals are living things and they deserve to live as much as we do. On the other hand, animals are abundant and is a good source of food for humans. It...
0

Connected Research

Writing Has No Boundaries

Abstract: This research focuses on the health benefits and creativity release that the simplicity of writing offers. Not only that but it has become a new method of therapy for people with disabilities either emotional, physical and mental. Many...
0

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a common disorder found in children all over the world today. The lack of child Psychologists around the world today creates a problem in providing the correct diagnosis of ADHD in children which results...
0

Abstract [Mars]

Space exploration has been the dream of most generations and with our new age of technology the final frontier seems more tangible then ever. Mars seems to be the primary focus of our space program, and that if we can reach mars, we can continue on...
0

To Be Beautiful

We value outer beauty as the most important thing to be accepted in society, when in reality, the size of your waist should not define who you are. This is an essay about how much the media really does influence modern society, how society has...
0

Identical Twin Behavior Genetics

ABSTRACT: This research focuses on the psychological similarities in identical twins and the possibilities of a mental connection between them. Identical twins around the world are experiencing similar stories, and it’s important to establish a...
0

español

Locura Y Amor

Eduardo Galeano: Cuentan que una vez se reunieron en un lugar de la tierra todos los sentimientos y cualidades de los hombres. Cuando el Aburrimiento había bostezado por tercera vez, la Locura, como siempre tan ocurrente, les propuso: "¿ Vamos a...
0

la vida de los inmigrantes

Hola Mi nombre es Daniela Cruz, soy de Honduras pero vivo en Austin Tx. Soy una estudiante de Eastside Memorial. En mi clase de English yo y mis otros companeros estamos haciendo un projecto de los inmigrantes y estamos invistigando la vida de los...
0

la vida de los inmigrantes

0

la vida de los inmigrantes

0

la vida de los inmigrantes

0

From the Middle (6-8)

Dance Pantume

I dance I love it Two days a week Sometimes three or for days I love it To dance Sometimes three or for days I danced March 30th at the Santa Cruz Warriors half time To dance It is so fun I danced March 30th at the Santa Cruz Warriors half time...
0

The Assasination

The showing of “My American Cousin”, Fords Theater, April 1865, through the eyes of John Wilkes Booth. Leaving my horse in the alley I stepped inside the backdoor of the theater. Slowly I descended the stairway leading towards the the presidential...
0

The Hike

Taking a hike was a horrible idea my legs are sore and my feet are aching. “ Walking in nature can be fun”, Those were the last words I heard my father say oh how I wish he was here we both got lost and I can’t find anyone to help, if my dad was...
0

The Hike

0

A Place of Comfort

I start at school then leave campus Later I grab my bike And start heading home Across six streets Down two hills In one house Beneath one roof Above one floor Close to a T.V Is my bed One Of my places of comfort
0

Gaming and New Media

Bike photo montage

For my montage project I took a picture of a bike outside by the prayer garden on the bike rack. I am pretty pleased with how mine turned out, and I think the different lightings make it interesting. The only problem I encountered was getting the...
0

China Lifts Banned on Foreign Gaming Consoles

I chose to research video game bans, because I always wondered why some countries banned some games? I understand if they banned games that went against their country or religion but some countries banned innocent games like Football Manager 2005....
1

yelitza house

Name:yelitza sanchez Date: 1/29/14 cohort 6 mr.borges first i drew a big rectangle then i...
0

Carl's House

I will add my steps here.
0

my math essay

First i designed my home by measuring how big i want each room by using length and width.Some revisions i made was to add another room to my house.The next step was measurement i measured by using a ruler on graph paper and make some rectangles...
0

Letters to Decision Makers

Old Looks Are Avoidable

When looking at a newspaper I came across a nice pic of Cher. She looked very young for a woman of her age . She is not the only her people like Holly Robinson-Peete and Cindy Crawford. I was wondering what was the trick to them looking so young....
0

Dear Mayor De Blasio: Community Policing Might Reduce Crime

Dear Mayor De Blasio, My name is Dejon. I’m an African American/Jamaican male who attends school in the Bronx. I want to congratulate you on your election and share one main problem I think is very important: crime. Did you know in general NYC is...
0
Dear Mayor De Blasio, My name is Jayonna and I attend school at ESMT I.S. 190 in the Bronx. I want to congratulate you on winning the election. I have several concerns about education like the state test. Kids are stressed out and so are the...
0

Dear Mayor De Blasio: Let's make the Bronx Number One

Dear Mayor De Blasio, My name is Tafari and I am a student in the Bronx. I want to extend my congratulations to you on your election and share with you one of the issues I think is very important: crime. As you know for a big city, New York has a...
1

Dear Mayor De Blasio: My family needs jobs

Dear Mayor De Blasio, My name is Joshua and I am a student in the Bronx at a school called I.S. 190. I am a 8th grader. I wanted to say congratulations to you on your election. The city has issues around jobs and unemployment. The situation in my...
0

Our Space (K-5)

Intelligent Gary Soto

The main character is Gary soto From the book Living Up The Street. This character has a few traits that influence his relationship with others. One, he loves going on an adventure and the best things is that when he goes on enventhers he doesn't...
0

Hurricane Stories

Given what people in New York and New Jersey are going through with Hurricane Sandy, I thought Youth Voices readers might like to see some writing by third graders in response to Hurricane Gustav a few years ago. Hurricane Gustav arrived, Labor Day...
4

My Shell

Beautiful Like a glimmering lake in the sun it shines so very brightly. On the outside. On the inside, it feels smooth, silky. But it doesn't shine as brightly, it may be bright, on the outside, but on the inside, it seems faded.
3

Documentary

Ocean acidification is a rising problem on Earth. It is a term used to decribe the rising acidity in the oceans. 1/3 of the carbon dioxide we edmit from burning ficil fuels is absorbed by the oceans. This equals to 1 million tones...
0

A Fish

A fish Blue peach colored Happy and good to be free Black and green A sea creature Tobie
1

Our Stories and Poems

Poetry project post 2

I am now seven poems in to completing my project requirement on 10. I have stuck mostly to rhyming my poems which comes rather naturally given that I am a rapper. I wrote two poems from the point of view of Claudius, one from Hamlet, and one from...
0

Poetry project post 2

0

How did you immigrate to the United States??

Hi ladies and gentlemen: My name is Muturutsa Moses, i come from Rwanda, but now i immigrant to the United States Austin,Texas. I have few questions to ask some of y'all who immigrated here in the United States or somewhere else!! First question...
0

What is it like to be an Immigrant in the U.S

Hello, My name is Arienne and I was born in Cenral Africa, but immigrated to Paris when I was young Now I am a student in Austin Texas at Eastside Memorial High School. My class is learning about immigration and doing a project. Please take your...
0

Hi ladies and gentlemen My name is Muturutsa Moses, i come from Rwanda, but now i immigrant to the United States Austin,Texas. I have few questions to ask some of y'all who immigrated here in the United States or somewhere else!! First question...
0

Video Conversations

Disaters

“Run! Run!” “Take her and leave come on let’s go!” I remember that day. It was in September, 2018, the war between Mexico vs. The United States of America is going on. My name is Yulima and I’m Mexican. It was two months ago when I lost my...
0

Talking about the Jordan Davis Murder Trial

John and I talked with Mr. Allison about Jordan Davis after we read this testimony from his mother before the U.S. Senate. http://bit.ly/1pt4f3N
0

Native Son performance

I have watched a performance that I have done after memorizing two paragraphs from the book Native Son. The performance was a 8 out of 10 if I must say, with reasons of simple things that could be improved. I am most proud that I went through with...
0

DIY Stablizer

I built a stabilizer for photography class at my school following along to a youtube video (link in the video). I only needed a couple 90 degree electric piping arms, three metal couplers, a macro slider, a bearing, a six inch PVC tube and a coupler...
0

DIY Video

In this video I made a light to help when doing a video interview. The light was quite simple to make and very effective, you only need five items to bring this to life. Not only was it simple to make, but also very cost effective.
0