Today's Featured Discussions

Argument

Article Response: On the Wrong Side of Globalization

In Joseph Stiglitz's article, "On the Wrong Side of Globalization," from The New York Times, [ http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/03/15/on-the-wrong-side-of-glo... ], the author characterizes the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade...

Wars of Homosexuality

I’m beginning to write a book on what most Christians learn about gays and how they must perceive them. I am writing this to make other Christians understand that sometimes the things we think are wrong, and we must learn to love and not hate. It...
1

Would America be able to repay China debts they owe?

Poem: The Spirit Of America Poem. Argument: Would America be able to repay China their debts they owe? I am the beautiful country. The country of dreams, where dreams come true? I have a history behind me. And it’s part of you. I am the United...
2

What is the Meaning of Perfect?

What is the Meaning of Perfect? Characters-Spirit, Body, Mind Spirit- Did you know I am perfect? The true meaning of perfection. Body- What do you mean by “perrrrrrrrrrrfect”? Obviously I’m perfect. I AM, I AM! Mind- Aw geez, you two fighting about...
1

Global Warming

1

Arts and Entertainment

No More Dog Pound

NEW HELL SHUT THE DOOR DONT LET ANYONE IN GRAB THE TOOLS SHUT HIM UP GET SOME TOWELS HE THROWING UP GRAB HIS TAIL TAKE THE BUTCHER KNIFE AND BLOW HIM UP. ALL DIFFERENT NOSE THE ALL LOOK LIKE CLOWN ROCHES GOOD THING NEW HELL IN TOWN THEY SHOULD ALL...

badges

BAD DAY WITH OREO

Sometimes i think to myself ‘’why do my weeks go so bad ?’’ I don’t know if i'm cursed or is just part of life. These past days they have been the worst days of my life, first of all Oreo my puppy was sick he was vomiting and didn't want to eat at...

My Badge

Basketball Badge

Booktalk

Filthy Rags

In Samuel C. Patterson’s essay, “God Does Not View Your Labors as ‘Filthy Rags’” from http://michaeljkruger.com/does-god-really-consider-all-our-good-works-to... the author summarizes that not only Jesus can be considered “Righteous,” but people...

What My Best Friend Did

The first sections of What My Best Friend Did by Lucy Dawson might leave a reader feeling confused/overwhelmed because An example of this is on page 6. "Is she breathing? they will all find out and tell bill everything, he won't even love me...

The Other Women

The second chapters of The Other Women by Lucy Dawson might leave a reader feeling shocked because The main character in the novel realizes that her husband who she trusted and loved was cheating on her the whole time. An example of this is on page...

The Host

Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, didn't expect to find its...

Twilight

Bella moved in with her dad and applied to a new school. She attends to her first day in school but this boy named Edward seems to catch her attention. He notices her too but tries to keep away. Whenever Bella was in trouble Edward would pop out of...

Connected Research

Rethinking Jihad

I watched this and annotated as part of my investigation into how people think about muslims.

The Multi-Faceted “Cure” for AIDS

Introduction When it comes to the difficulty of finding a cure for AIDS, I’ve often heard the familiar reasoning of “it mutates fast” or “it hides in the body.” Unfortunately, I’ve been ignorant as to the science behind the HIV virus and how it...

How other cultures deal with the passing of a loved one

I thought this video was related to my topic on religion but it actually spoke more about death and how other cultures deal with death. It is very different from how we deal with death. We see it as something sad to always cry about but others see...

Celebrities and Drugs

The article “Celebrities Addictions with Drugs and Alcohol”, from Drugtestsinbulk, (2014). Celebrity Addictions with Drugs and Alcohol. [online] Available at: http://drugtestsinbulk.com/blog/celebrity-addictions-with-drugsalcohol/ [Accessed 21 Jul....
Something that I have been interested in learning more about has been “Would people have good jobs and become hard worker.” I know that many people feel that “If you have a good education in school that good education will take you somewhere.”...

español

The Power of The Family

Hace mucho, un hombre llamado Juan vivía con su mujer Maria en una casa muy pobre , ellos no tenían muchas cosas pero tenían un gran amor que nadie los podía separar, después de algún tiempo decidieron tener un hijo , pero no se pudo , y luego...

Locura Y Amor

Eduardo Galeano: Cuentan que una vez se reunieron en un lugar de la tierra todos los sentimientos y cualidades de los hombres. Cuando el Aburrimiento había bostezado por tercera vez, la Locura, como siempre tan ocurrente, les propuso: "¿ Vamos a...

la vida de los inmigrantes

Hola Mi nombre es Daniela Cruz, soy de Honduras pero vivo en Austin Tx. Soy una estudiante de Eastside Memorial. En mi clase de English yo y mis otros companeros estamos haciendo un projecto de los inmigrantes y estamos invistigando la vida de los...
2

La vida de los inmigrantes

Queridos estudiantes Mi nombre es José Daniel Martínez soy de El Salvador , san Salvador y tengo 17 años de edad vivo en Estados Unidos en el estado de Austin Texas estudió en la escuala eastside memorial y estoy en el grado 11 . mi clase está...
4

La Vida de Los Inmigrantes

Hola My nombre es Donato Prado y yo soy un estudiante de la Eastside Memorial High School . Y my clase esta haciendo un proyecto de Inmigración . Y nosotros estamos recolectando historias y entrevistas de Los siguientes inmigrantes Por favor les...
2

From the Middle (6-8)

FISH

I am a fish gooey as an inside of a pumpkin i swim all around i blow bubbles in the ocean i can eat shrimp i can jump i am a fish on a dish getting eating

Dont Judge

A child is like a butterfly in the wind Some can fly higher than others But each one flies the beast it can Why compare one to another Each one is special each one is Beautiful.

my life

Now i'm leaving deceiving look at people the inking in besting c;heating completing slap that nigga till he,s bleeding now in running from the cop i pop a shoot going back to swinging a mop i all grown up looking down at niggas saying what...

fiction

once upon a time there was a little sad bunny because he never had any friends . He said ‘ wow why can i not have any friends . then a little mouse came to the rabbit said to the rabbit ‘ don’t worry rabbit i could be your friend the rabbit was...

poem

mom says i'm too young to get a car. but what i'm not too young is to write bars. people be saying that im not ready for the game . but that don’t matter i just do it for the fame. its not fair about the way they treat people , there is so clear so...

Gaming and New Media

Animated Introduction

Here's my animated introduction:

Dance Romance

Project Page

Controlling Code at the Next Level Badge

Check out my badge on P2PU, and feel free to apply!

Helping can make a different

Project Page

Depression

Project Page This scratch is about two girls who are talking about depression and go over some quick tips on how to over come it.

Letters to Decision Makers

Dear Future English Teacher

Dear Future English Teacher: I am proud to be showing you some of my work from the 2014 Youth Voices Summer Program. It that shows my ability to “Freewriting Badge.” After you look at my work, I hope you will see why I think it's important to me...
Dear teacher who gives me a research project in the future: I am proud to show you my work from the 2014 Youth Voices Summer Program. It shows my ability to receive the “Annotating Badge.” After looking at my work, I hope you see my good annotating...

Commenting Helps with Understanding

Dear Future History Teacher, I am delighted to be showing you some of my work from the 2014 Youth Voices Summer program. It is the “Courageous Commentator” that shows my skills. After you look at my profile you see that I have commented on many...

I wish you knew letter

Dear Colleague, I am excited to be showing you some of my work from the 2014 Youth Voices Summer Program. It shows my ability to make a badge! After you look at my work, I hope you will see why I think it’s important to do a few things- namely-...

Dear KJ,

Dear KJ, Your words hit me harder, than a slap to the face. You make my heart race. But I come back again. To stay till the end. I don’t know why? I lie to myself, in order not to cry. The things that you do. Make me ask who to trust, and...

Our Space (K-5)

Intelligent Gary Soto

The main character is Gary soto From the book Living Up The Street. This character has a few traits that influence his relationship with others. One, he loves going on an adventure and the best things is that when he goes on enventhers he doesn't...

Hurricane Stories

Given what people in New York and New Jersey are going through with Hurricane Sandy, I thought Youth Voices readers might like to see some writing by third graders in response to Hurricane Gustav a few years ago. Hurricane Gustav arrived, Labor Day...
4

My Shell

Beautiful Like a glimmering lake in the sun it shines so very brightly. On the outside. On the inside, it feels smooth, silky. But it doesn't shine as brightly, it may be bright, on the outside, but on the inside, it seems faded.
3

Documentary

Ocean acidification is a rising problem on Earth. It is a term used to decribe the rising acidity in the oceans. 1/3 of the carbon dioxide we edmit from burning ficil fuels is absorbed by the oceans. This equals to 1 million tones...

A Fish

A fish Blue peach colored Happy and good to be free Black and green A sea creature Tobie
1

Our Stories and Poems

You're Free

You’re not strapped down somewhere. You’re not being whipped across the back. You could walk to the corner store freely. Darling, you’re free. You’re free to run wild, and listen to the birds sing in the park. You’re free to shout out Hallelujah,...

Badges for Cobble Hill School of American Studies

Extreme Helper Badge

This is a badge I created for our Youth Voices participants using p2pu.org

Commuter Badge

Momo es Loco (Part 1)

Walked into the class like a boss. Told shawty my pops is Ric Ross. From day one, she was big homie. Had stories to tell me about her life. Trust that one day Q-Stacks gonna make her his wife. She’s very pretty, and a trustworthy friend. She’s the #...

Video Conversations

My Journal

Here Junilka and I were video chatting over Google Hangouts and talking about the journals we wrote in the morning at the youth voices program.

Journal

My conversation with Jennifer. We talked about what we put in our journals this morning and a little something extra.

Class Of 2015

The instructor said Go home and write a page tonight And Let that page come out of you-- then, it will be true I wonder is it that simple? Ms. Rothbard we finna be SENIORS next year Class of 2015 Freshman year from nothing to Senior year to being...
2

Neighborhood Poem

Neighborhood Poem In the hood people catching body after body, You can probably find one of your family dead in the lobby, Now in days everybody have to have guns, Let off one or two shots then everybody run, I'm telling you in the hood it aint no...

I'm going to make more BO2 videos

Subscribe.