Recent posts

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
The book Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson is kind of comparing itself to the world. In the book, the...
Willow by Julia Hoban
Recently, I read Willow, by Julia Hoban. I appreciated this book because this book shows what...
What happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
The book What happened to Goodbye, by Sarah Dessen was an interesting book, because it talks about...
Xiao’s introductory video
Xiao,s animated Introduction My name is Xiao, but many people call me Michelle. I was born in...
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
So far after reading the first book of Vampire Academy was pretty cool because I realize that me...
The Federal Government and Education
This is a topic that I have heard discussed many times and I think it is very important for our...
Divergent
The Fault In Our Stars
The Absolute True Diary of a Part Time Indian
This book was written as a diary about an Indian boy named Arnold Spirit but everybody called him...
Hush
This book was a very strong book and maybe kind of disturbing it was also sad. This book was about...

All Guides, which can be grouped by type

Looking for specific guidelines? Choose a title in the list below to find detailed scaffolds that make explicit what is expected in many different types of discussion posts and comments on Youth Voices. Once you've internalized these guides, we encourage you to mix and match different paragraphs, and to go beyond the use of a guide as well.

Are you a power user of Youth Voices? Check out Youth Voices Challenges and Tasks (aligned with Common Core Learning Standards), (Revised September 2012), and Play Youth Voices.

Check out the articles (PDFs) students and teachers have collected for each other in this Youth Voices Personal Crocodoc folder. Add folders with new topics and add PDFs of articles that you think others might find helpful int their research. How to video for using and adding PDFs in the Youth Voices Crocodoc Folder.