Recent posts

"The Son of Neptune"
“The Son of Neptune” is the second installment of Rick Riordan's Lost Hero...
black boy section 3
Kitten was the main character of, the protagonist in black boy, has a few traits that influence her...
6 word memoir
My Name in Pictures
Raymond's Run
Lizmarie Gonzalez 10/16/14 class: english Ms. Dennison I think that after page 5,...
Loops
The Loop Writing by Antony Santos To be understood means for you to explain something and nobody...
Gregory's Animated Introduction
Here's my animated introduction: Hello, my name is Gregory. Many girls think I am young and I am...
Paige Rawl's Postitive
Positive was a very impacting book that really made me want to change the world for the better. It...
The Strain Trilogy
The Night Eternal is the third installment of Chuck Hogan and Guillermo Del Toro’s Strain...
The Almost Disastor
The Almost Disaster When I was about nine, my family started on the long, exhausting journey to...

All Guides, which can be grouped by type

Looking for specific guidelines? Choose a title in the list below to find detailed scaffolds that make explicit what is expected in many different types of discussion posts and comments on Youth Voices. Once you've internalized these guides, we encourage you to mix and match different paragraphs, and to go beyond the use of a guide as well.

Are you a power user of Youth Voices? Check out Youth Voices Challenges and Tasks (aligned with Common Core Learning Standards), (Revised September 2012), and Play Youth Voices.

Check out the articles (PDFs) students and teachers have collected for each other in this Youth Voices Personal Crocodoc folder. Add folders with new topics and add PDFs of articles that you think others might find helpful int their research. How to video for using and adding PDFs in the Youth Voices Crocodoc Folder.