Recent posts

Poverty in Oakland
My senior project is on Poverty in Oakland. I chose poverty because its affecting alot of our youth...
Black Boy
The first page of black boy was about how two boys who wanted to see the fire second they light the...
Why Treasure Island Grabs Your Attention
Treasure Island has been renowned for it's adventure aspect, and creative plot line. It also...
Privilege and How That Effects Justice
The other day I was browsing my Facebook feed when I noticed a video entitled "Ray Rice Inspired...
Dimly Lit Stars
People make mistakes. That we know for sure, none of us are any better than the person next to us,...
Me Talk Pretty One Day
The book I am currently reading is "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris. This book is...
Feeding Our World
As the population continues to grow, we must also increase our food productions to survive....
Slaughter House 5 reader
One book that I have recently discovered and started reading is Slaughter House 5. This novel...
Inquiry of Life
A few weeks ago after finishing my summer reading, I was in desperate need of finding a new book to...
Mi nombre
Mi nombre es Josiel. Mi nombre viene de mi papa. Mi nombre me recuerda del sentimiento de...

All Guides, which can be grouped by type

Looking for specific guidelines? Choose a title in the list below to find detailed scaffolds that make explicit what is expected in many different types of discussion posts and comments on Youth Voices. Once you've internalized these guides, we encourage you to mix and match different paragraphs, and to go beyond the use of a guide as well.

Are you a power user of Youth Voices? Check out Youth Voices Challenges and Tasks (aligned with Common Core Learning Standards), (Revised September 2012), and Play Youth Voices.

Check out the articles (PDFs) students and teachers have collected for each other in this Youth Voices Personal Crocodoc folder. Add folders with new topics and add PDFs of articles that you think others might find helpful int their research. How to video for using and adding PDFs in the Youth Voices Crocodoc Folder.