Recent posts

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." -Dr. Emmett Brown
Riding a hover board has always been a dream of mine. I have always loved to skateboard, longboard...
2014: Robin Williams
I will never forget the scenes of Robin Williams fighting Dustin Hoffman in Hook as Peter Pan,...
Brown Spot in History
If I were to pick one event that has affected me the most in the year of 2014, it's a pretty easy...
The Interview
Recently, Sony decided to axe the planned release of The Interview, a screwball comedy by famed...
*To Be Finished*
Of all of the fun, encouraging, sad, humiliating, and unbelievable events that have transpired this...
The Man We All Miss
Robin Williams was found dead in his home this past August. Although I could dwell on how fabulous...
Bill Cosby Accusers come Forwad
Recently we have been seeing Bill Cosby from the internet to our television screens. Bill Cosby, a...
Execution Gone Wrong
There as been a life long debate on whether the death penalty is a viable option for condemning our...
Mideast Turmoil
Within a hot minute of 2014, a new terrorist group, the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, more...
Ebola
Ebola. Literally a world wide freak out. For a couple weeks, the only things students were talking...

All Guides, which can be grouped by type

Looking for specific guidelines? Choose a title in the list below to find detailed scaffolds that make explicit what is expected in many different types of discussion posts and comments on Youth Voices. Once you've internalized these guides, we encourage you to mix and match different paragraphs, and to go beyond the use of a guide as well.

Are you a power user of Youth Voices? Check out Youth Voices Challenges and Tasks (aligned with Common Core Learning Standards), (Revised September 2012), and Play Youth Voices.

Check out the articles (PDFs) students and teachers have collected for each other in this Youth Voices Personal Crocodoc folder. Add folders with new topics and add PDFs of articles that you think others might find helpful int their research. How to video for using and adding PDFs in the Youth Voices Crocodoc Folder.