Recent posts

Identity in "Life As a Kid"
Is identity genetic? Well is it, i mean you do get your looks from your parents, you might even get...
Modern Lord of the Flies
I previously discussed Lord of the Flies, reviewing what I liked about the book, and where I was....
Walter Dean Myers
Walter, the protagonist in Bad Boy, has a few traits that influence his relationships with others...
Response to Paul Salopek's "This is Not a Life"
In paul salopek essay, "“This Is Not a Life” ," the author saying that the government help syria...
Response To Paul Salopek's This is Not A Life
In Paul Salopek essay, "This is not a Life" from National Geographic which can be found at http://...
Tribute
Although I could not completely recreate Frank's photographs using light rings and motion...
Things I have learned so far...
So far in photography I have learned many different ways of developing my skills. I share with you...
Gap Year
A gap year is a time for self-discovery, exploration, and adventure, but is it worth it....
Happiness and Its Subjectivity
The variability of friendships’ forms allows us as the human race to decide the friendships we...
Education in Oakland
I hate to say it but Oakland is a very divided city. Private schools and elementary schools in...

All Guides, which can be grouped by type

Looking for specific guidelines? Choose a title in the list below to find detailed scaffolds that make explicit what is expected in many different types of discussion posts and comments on Youth Voices. Once you've internalized these guides, we encourage you to mix and match different paragraphs, and to go beyond the use of a guide as well.

Are you a power user of Youth Voices? Check out Youth Voices Challenges and Tasks (aligned with Common Core Learning Standards), (Revised September 2012), and Play Youth Voices.

Check out the articles (PDFs) students and teachers have collected for each other in this Youth Voices Personal Crocodoc folder. Add folders with new topics and add PDFs of articles that you think others might find helpful int their research. How to video for using and adding PDFs in the Youth Voices Crocodoc Folder.