Recent posts

Gay Marriage: Now it Gets Interesting
I recently wrote about the battle for gay marriage that has been sweeping the nation. Up to this...
Update on College Tuition Debt
If you are currently a senior in high school, then it is likely you have at least considered the...
To Kill A Mockingbird: “Girls Should Act Like Girls”
Should all girls act the same? I strongly disagree because no one should be required to conform to...
Concealed Carry
On my last post I discussed whether or not concealed weapons should be allowed everywhere. I...
Update: Domestic Violence and Pro Athletes…
In an earlier discussion, I explored the horrifying trend of domestic abuse and violence in...
Update on the Ebola Crisis
It seems as though the Ebola crisis in America has passed. Dr. Craig Spencer, the New York resident...
It's Okay To Be Different- Question for "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee
It's okay to be different; Our differences are what define us. Our community would not be the way...
Institutional Racism in School System
Hello, my lovely fellow readers! My name is Sunjoy I am currently doing my Senior Project Research...
Stop obesity on teenagers
Hello,My name is Jessica Jauregui and I'm working on creating a solution to stop obesity on...
All immigrants to America should have the same screening and deportation process
Hi, my name is rolando and I'm very glad to meet you all. I feel kind of confident of my working...

All Guides, which can be grouped by type

Looking for specific guidelines? Choose a title in the list below to find detailed scaffolds that make explicit what is expected in many different types of discussion posts and comments on Youth Voices. Once you've internalized these guides, we encourage you to mix and match different paragraphs, and to go beyond the use of a guide as well.

Are you a power user of Youth Voices? Check out Youth Voices Challenges and Tasks (aligned with Common Core Learning Standards), (Revised September 2012), and Play Youth Voices.

Check out the articles (PDFs) students and teachers have collected for each other in this Youth Voices Personal Crocodoc folder. Add folders with new topics and add PDFs of articles that you think others might find helpful int their research. How to video for using and adding PDFs in the Youth Voices Crocodoc Folder.