Designing a House
Congratulations! You have completed your home design, your measurements and calculated the the area and perimeter of your home. You also checked your work using the Distributive Property to see if your calculations were correct.
We want to use this project in future classes. Please help us to write down the instructions, how you did each step of the process. Each step should be a paragraph.
1-Describe how you designed your home, and revisions you might have made.
2-Explain how you took measurements, figured out the area, and the perimeter.
3-Describe how you used the Distributive Property to check your calculations.
4-Review this project, what did you like, what was easy or difficult?
You must include the following math vocabulary in your write-up.
Math Vocabulary: area, perimeter, volume, length, width, square feet, units, Distributive Property
You might also want to use these stems:
The next step was…
I calculated the… by…
One thing I liked about...
Post your instructions on Youth Voices, and include your model that you make on Planner 5D https://planner5d.com/ Let's make 3D models of your houses.
Follow these steps to post your House Project on Youth Voices:
1. Take a picture of your project and save it to the desktop.
2. Log on to Youth Voices.
3. Click “Create Discussion.”
4. Add a title that describes your project.( EX. Town House project )
5. Choose the Channel Games & new media
6. Add 3-5 keywords (Think about the math vocabulary you used to complete this project.)
7. Add your pictures (Add Image, Choose File, Upload).
8. Go to Google Drive and copy your summary of the project.
9. Paste your summary in the body of your post on Youth Voices.
10. Go to the Planner website, https://planner5d.com and press “Share Project” and copy the code after you do #11.
11.Change size ( px ) 600 x 800, uncheck left panel.
12. Paste the code below your summary on Youth Voices.
13. Press SAVE!