Students in the Youth Voices community have a lot interesting things to say. Do you also have images that express them? The new Youth Voices is in need of one original image done by a student to use as the icon for this site. It can be one of your photographs, a piece of your art, or any original creation of yours. Upload your image by April 20, 2013 and enter to win. If you're not sure what makes a good icon, a good place to start is 7 Principles of Effective Icon Design, by Sean Hodge.
About the contest:
- All community members are invited to submit icon design concepts for Youth Voices. Not a member of Youth Voices yet? Join here.
- To enter your original design, you must create a discussion in the Arts and Humanities channel and add your image.
- Icons should be 150 px wide x 108 px high
- You may include a larger version of the image in your discussion post, but if you do be sure to add the one with the exact contest dimensions too.
- Add comments and thoughts to your own entry discussion.
- Do not enter a design as a reply to an existing entry's thread.
- The community will then be given the opportunity to vote for their favorite icon design.
- The closing date for entries will be 11:59 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 20, 2013.
- The winning icon will be announced on Wednesday, April 24 , 2013.
- The icon with the highest number of votes will become the official Youth Voices icon.