Missions and Investigations: Make something awesome!

What's a mission or investigation? Read more: Missions and Investigations on Genius

Play Youth Voices
Badges defining learning paths through some
of the missions that are listed below.
How to Make a Mission/Investigation Competencies to provide for
in a mission/investigation

Gaming and New Media

Create an effective multi-media presentation that meets a pre-determined goal and can be embedded in Youth Voices .

Gaming and New Media

Irisz Agocs

Your mission create a story using Storybird. This site has lots of art to choose from to create your story book. Teachers can sign on and add students. Each student will be able to create a personal account. If you have any questions, please comment at the bottom of the mission or email Margaret Simon at masimon@iberia.k12.la.us

Gaming and New Media

Use Scratch to create an interactive ethical story, a story that teaches a lesson, or at least makes you understand how hard it is to make a good choice and have you feel that the right choice is always best. There should be a part of the story where the viewer can make a decision that will change the ending of the story completely. The viewer must make the decision that is morally correct. One decision is right and one decision, although it may help you in the short-term, will hurt because it was not the right thing to do.

Gaming and New Media

When we write or record a detox journal we are finding our own space of permission. When we make these video-, audio-, or written journals, we're playacting or experimenting with the invisible parts of a healthy, self-directed mindset. We're learning what it means to be mindful. Self-reflection is a natural state we are promoting, in order to pump adrenaline back into the soul. Of course we do this humbly, remembering the young person who asked, "Who are you to tell me to be myself?"

Gaming and New Media

Read the summary and the questions posed by By Holly Epstein Ojavlo, then go to the Learning Network at The New York Times and tell the world what you think about campaigns like Kony 2012. Do campaigns like these make you more or less likely to delve deeper into issues and take social action?

Students 13 and older are invited to comment on the Learning Network at The New York Times. Please use only your first name. For privacy policy reasons, they will not publish student comments that include a last name.

Gaming and New Media

Post Modern Wall

This is a fun project that allows you to combine many different viewpoints in one multimedia research project. Some students were frightened by the idea of making a movie, but I didn’t offer much in the way of instruction on Movie Maker while we experimented in my class. I just demonstrated how I was building my sample right along with the students, and we figured it out as we went. Within days, many of the students knew more about movie maker than me. Check out the movies they produced related to The Things They Carried on the mission page.

Gaming and New Media

Renaissance High School students teach string games at Radical Craft night @MAH

Playing games with string is a human cultural universal. This ancient art form is surprisingly helpful in developing both the manual dexterity and strength needed for computer keyboarding. The approach I use for teaching string games to groups also provides a helpful practice ground for some of life's essential skills: creativity, resilience, cooperation, and storytelling.

Gaming and New Media

Not sure what to do during a HOMAGO session? Here are some ideas for Hanging Out, Messing Around, and Geeking Out!

Gaming and New Media

Play these games. Capture screenshots or a video captures of your moves on a game. Write reflections describing the strategies you or your partner used to win.

Gaming and New Media

Congratulations! You have completed your home design, your measurements and calculated the the area and perimeter of your home. You also checked your work using the Distributive Property to see if your calculations were correct.

We want to use this project in future classes. Please help us to write down the instructions, how you did each step of the process. Each step should be a paragraph.

Post your instructions on Youth Voices, and include your model that you make on Planner 5D https://planner5d.com/ Let's make 3D models of your houses.

Gaming and New Media

What if you were to take a question or an issue that you are interested in and make an argument about it in the form of a fable? Write a short dialogue that features animals who can talk. Your dialogue should end with the words The Moral of the Story Is:. Oh, one more thing, make it an animation using Scratch.

Gaming and New Media

Play Ayiti and describe your experiences. http://youthvoices.net/costoflife