Why do some people have to struggle to live ?

by: zbrown
by zakelle brown

I believe that it is not good for people to struggle to live because, it is really hard to work and do things. I think that not everyone should struggle in life. I also believe that they should work hard because that is also a part of life, like you can not just sit down and let someone else do all the work for you. You have to do some work also to be someone in life.

Why do some people have to struggle in life to live? Some people have to struggle in life to live because they cannot do anything for themselves and they are probably disable so therefore they would need help with some things to do.

RAQUEL: Zakelle life is hard,so remember to stay strong,stay in school and get your education in life so you will not struggle in life.
ZAKELLE: Okay mom.
RAQUEL: I'm serious, Zakelle.
ZAKELLE: I understand that you are serious.
RAQUEL: What do you want to be when you grow up.
ZAKELLE: I want to be a singer and a dancer.
RAQUEL: So to be that you have to do what?
ZAKELLE: I will haft to go to college and finish school and get all of my degree.
RAQUEL: And what else will you have to do?
ZAKELLE: I will also have to look for programs that will let me in so that i can achieve my goals.
RAQUEL: Yes that is exactly what you will haft to do.
ZAKELLE: Yes, and mom what did you want to be when you grow up?
RAQUEL: I wanted to be a doctor.
ZAKELLE: So what happened?
RAQUEL: I finished school but then i just did not do my paper work to be a doctor.
ZAKELLE: So is it too late for you to go do your paperwork now?
RAQUEL: No, it is not too late.
ZAKELLE: So why don't you go get your papers done to be a doctor?
RAQUEL: Because I have two kids, and I don't have time for all that.
ZAKELLE: Oh, okay.
I believe that some people have to struggle to live because they do not have enough money to pay their rent. I also believe that some people have to struggle to live because they probably do not have a apartment to live in. Also, I think that some people have to struggle to live because they are selfish in life and want things to go their way. I'll give examples to support these statements.

Some people have to struggle to live because the rent that they have to pay is too much money.This means that peoples lives are hard because their rent is too much to pay, and they only have a little bit of money. This also means that people have to struggle because they need more money to pay their rent.

According to my mom's friend's life story, her rent was 550 dollars with a two-bedroom apartment and since she got sick she could not work overtime so she only got paid 350 dollars. Now she is struggling to get the rest of the money which is 200 dollars by the end of the week, and if she does not get that 200 dollars by the end of the week she will have to move out.This makes me believe that some people have to struggle in life to live because the rent is too much money.

Some people have to struggle in life to live because they do not have an apartment to live in. This means that people do not have an apartment to live in so they have to struggle in life to live. According to my mom's friend, he is living in his mother's house because all the jobs that he applied for do not want to take him because of his drug habit. He smokes and he drinks, so this means for now on he is 32, living in his mothers house.

This is bad because that shows a bad reputation for yourself.like now people look at him in a horrible type of way and he feels bad for himself.This also shows how some people have to struggle to live in life because he is living inside of his mom's house, and he is broke with no type of money to buy food. His mother and his friends have to buy his food.

Some people have to struggle in life to live because they are selfish in life so nothing but bad things come their way. This means that they are selfish so bad things come to them. According to my life, I used to be selfish so bad things happened to me.

My little brother passed away. I lost all my money and including my friends and even my mom and dad started to get mad at me more. So as I was growing up and I started to care about other people and not only myself. Also I have learned how to share SOMETIMES because my mom taught me how to be nice and kind. So this means that I will not be struggling in life because I am being a nice young lady and kind.

Why People Struggle

Submitted by sarahhayes on Thu, 2015-12-17 09:36.

An idea that comes to mind is the cycle of poverty. It's basically that poverty has effects that create more poverty, and if not interrupted can go on for generations. Some of these effects are not being able to pay for rent/utilities/groceries, not being able to finish high school because you aren't really encouraged to do so or not capable because you have to work, and not being able to go to college for those same reasons. Drug use, depression, and gangs become a part of life because people feel desperate - and these lead to more poverty; thus, the cycle continues.

Some people suggest raising the minimum wage and social programs to aid people, and personally I support these. However, I am not an economist and I don't have any experience in socioeconomic studies, so I don't really have any expertise.

In your experience, do these help?

Excellent Work!

Submitted by Mar I Sol on Fri, 2015-12-18 12:19.

Your argument is excellent and passionate. The only thing I would change is some word choice and grammatical errors. Leave out the word "like" in your argument, reread for missing capitals and punctuation, it's "have to" not "haft". Your ideas are amazing and compelling. I also loved how you used parallel structure and narrative.

Dear zakelle I am interested

Submitted by avillanueva on Thu, 2016-01-07 15:53.

Dear zakelle

I am interested in your post “Why do people have to struggle to live?” because the way you put your life and your mother’s friend’s life into this too .

One sentence that stands out for me was “my little brother passed away. I lost all my money and including my friends and even my mom and dad started to get mad at me more”. I think that this was sad because your brother passed away.

Another sentence that stood out for me was “According to my mom’s friends life story her rent was 550 with a 2 bedroom apartment and since she got sick she could not work over time so she only got paid 350 dollars”.This stood out for me because it will suck if you got kicked out of your house because you got sick and you could not work.

Your post reminds me of something. The thing was that was that my dad got hurt his leg so he could not work and if you can't work you don’t get money and if you don’t get money you can’t pay your rent.

Thanks for your writing! I look forward to see what you write next, because I want to learn more about your topic!

Dear Zakelle:

Submitted by dminix on Thu, 2016-01-07 16:22.

I am sad by your post “Why do some people have to struggle to live?Because you went to a lot of struggle.Like when your brother died and you lose your mom and your dad be mad at you for a lot of things.

One sentence you wrote that stand out for me is “this mean that people do not have an apartment to live in so they have to struggle in life to live.”I think this is good because you tell us your life and a lot of people go to the same thing.

Another sentence that I circle was some people have to live because they rent that they pay is too much money.This stood out for me because the people that they pay they bill they pay a lot for the bills and the bill don't be the amount that they have to pay.I don't think they should pay all of that because they is going to need the money for something else.

Your post remind me of something that happen to me well nothing happen to me nothing happen to no one on my block.Nothing happen to my family.Nothing happen to no one.

Thank for your writing.I look forward to seeing what you write next because this story was kind of sad because you talk about your brother died and your mom leaving and stuff.

Dear Zakelle:

Dear Zakelle:

Dear Zakelle:

Why do Some people have to struggle in life

Submitted by csantos on Fri, 2016-01-08 11:17.

Dear Zakelle Brown

I am surprised by your post because you said “why do some people have to struggle to live” ?
Well some people have to struggle in life because they didn't finish school or because they drop out of school.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “You want to be a singer and a dancer”. I think this is interesting because you don't look like a person that one want to sing or dance.

Another sentence that i read five time was that you wanted “ to go to college and get your degree”. This stood out for me because you wanted to go to college to get your degree.

Your post reminds me of a movie that i saw in this school. One time i saw a movie called freedom writers it's about this class that struggles in life until they got A dedicated teacher (Hilary Swank) in a racially divided Los Angeles school has a class of at-risk teenagers deemed incapable of learning. Instead of giving up, she inspires her students to take an interest in their education and planning their future. She assigns reading
material that relates to their lives and encourages them all to keep journals.

Thanks for you writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your post was very surprising and i hope to read more surprising and interesting post like that one you wrote between you and your mother.

Abu letter To Zakelle

Submitted by atouray on Fri, 2016-01-08 11:36.

Dear Zakelle Brown ,
I am very happy about your post because your mom was giving you that speech,she was trying to motivate you to become something in life.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is.When you ask your mom:”what did you want to be when you grow up” and she said “I wanted to be a doctor.” “But she couldn't because she has two kids to take care of and dont got time for all that.”Even though she finished school.

Another sentence that i read was “according to my mom's friend , he is living in his mother's house because all of the jobs he applied for denied him because of his job his drug habit.He smokes and drinks , so this means for now on he is 32 , living in his mother's house.This stood out for me because i've seen a lot of my friends family living this way.

Your post reminds me of something that happen to my friend one time.He told his mom that he was done and tired of school and wanted to drop out.So his mom gave him the exact speech your mom gave you.She told him never give up on your dream.And he now is happy and going to school.

Thanks for your writing.I look forward to seeing what you write next , because i found your story very interested.

Zakelles Comment

Submitted by despinosa on Wed, 2016-01-20 10:39.

Dear Zakelle,

I’m an very interested with your post, “Why do some people have to struggle to live” because people really do struggle in life. When you walk outside or in a train station you always see a person asking for spare change, because they either trying to raise money or they need for themselves for whatever the reason might be.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is:"It really hard to work and do things in life." I think this is true because people really do go to put in the work to be what they want to be, but people these days are either lazy or they have disabilities.

Another sentence that I liked was when Rakelle said that after she get her degree, she going to look for programs that will let her show her talents.This stood out to me because this shows that when you take care of your main priority which is school, you can do anything you want in life.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me.One day I went up to my pops while watching an NBA game on TV. I told him I want to be a NBA player like Kevin Durant because that my idol.My pops told me that I potential to be one but school is the number one issue. If you could finish school first you could be anything in life.

Thanks for your writing.I look forward to seeing what you write next,because this could inspire people to finish school instead of dropping out of high school

Zakelle's feed back

mhernandez's picture
Submitted by mhernandez on Fri, 2016-01-08 11:40.

Dear Zakelle Brown:

I am amazed with your post on Youth voices, “Why do people struggle to live” because it shows how people struggle in life. It shows the ways you can struggle like paying rent.Also there is a small story from Zakelle about her mom getting paid 200 dollars each week instead 350.

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is :“All the jobs that he applied for did not want to take him because of his drug habit.” I think this awful for him because the jobs he applied to prevent him from working just from a drug habit. Also he lives with his mom's friends and they buy him food because he does not have a job.

Another sentence that liked was: “some people have to struggle in life to live because they are selfish in life so nothing but bad things come there way. This means that they are selfish so bad come to them. According to my life , I used to be selfish so bad things came to me.” This stood out to me because in life you can make a tragic mistake that can leave you broke with no money.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me and it is my mom has a friend that she knows for a very long time. My mom’s friend struggles a lot with helping her kids. But our family helps them by giving them food and take care of her kids while their mother is working.

Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing what you have to write next, because you added the ways people struggle and the conversation you and your mom had about what do you want to be.

DEAR Zakelle

gvillanueva's picture
Submitted by gvillanueva on Fri, 2016-01-08 11:41.

I am interested with your essay, “Why do some people struggle to live?,” Because money is a precious resource that people take for granted.

One sentence that stands out for me was is the first sentence of the first paragraph this stood out for me because i also believe people should not have to struggle to live because living under the poverty line means you can't provide for no one not even yourself.

Another sentence that I liked was in the 7 paragraph. This stood out for me because in your essay you said that the drug addict lived with his parents and he struggled to live because he could not afford his own house to live in because he bought a lot of drugs and once you take the drugs it is hard to stop consuming the drugs.

Your essay reminds me of one time when I was watching the news they were talking about the homeless and how they were going cold and hungry in the Bronx.The homeless also get sick and die because lack of nutrition.

I look forward to see what you write next because you have an interesting way of placing both perspectives of both the the lady who works hard and the man who lives in his parents house and uses drugs.I am interested what you will write next i'm also interested in you replying me.

about struggling

Submitted by tmyrick on Fri, 2016-01-29 12:37.

dear Zakelle,

I am interested with your play because, many people had the chance to get an eduacation but never took advantage of it for the future.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is, when you told your mother that you would have to go to collage and be a singer or a dancer. you would also have to get a degree when your finished.

Another sentence is it stood out for me because,I see it is your dream to be a singer and dancer and you would go to collage, do the steps to be ready.

It reminds me of when I was young and wanted to be a teacher.My mother told me i would have to know every subject, go to collage, do so much hard work.

Another sentence is, I knew it would take a long time to be a teacher, just as long how it would take you to be a singer.

Thanks for writing. I look Foward to seeing what you write next because, its very important to know what things you have to do to earn your goal in the future. instead of working the job, you rather own the job.

opportunities for jobs

Submitted by rwynn on Fri, 2016-01-08 16:19.

Dear Zakelle:

I'm happy by your post “Why do some people have to struggle to live.” because people shouldnt struggle to live because people should be rich and nun of the poor should be down they should be rich as others.one sentence you wrote that stands out for me is;why do some people have tO STRUGGLE TO live and inthink this is sad because when people is struggling they need help.

. They probably don't have no jobs or money so they are trying to find a way to get a job and get money so they don't have to struggle.Another sentence that i notice was that people is lazy this stood out to me because.i agree with it people just want to be lazy and go to house to house and don't get up and get a job.

They just wanna feed off other people.your post reminds of something that happened to me.One time i was living with my aunt and she had a struggle of paying the rent because she paid most of it by paying for her kids clothes and sneakers and also funiture so she was low paying the rent.

Thanks for your writing i look forward to seeing what you write next because your post and your ideas were great.

why do people can not have jobs

Submitted by fcastaneda on Mon, 2016-01-11 14:02.

I am happy with your essay “why do some people have to struggle to live ?”because I think when good and you explain why people struggle to live.Also I like when you put your feeling in the last paragraph .

One sentence you wrote that stand out for me is “some people have to struggle in life to live because they cannot do anything for themself and they are probably disable so therefore they would need help with some things to do.I think this is a good sentence because when people are disable other people have to do it for them.

Another sentence that I loved was “Some people have to struggle in life to live because when I was little me and my brother and my mom had to live in a shelter.

Your essay reminds me of something that happen to me.One time like I said before when I was little me and my mom and brother was living in a shelter.

Thank for your writing.I look forward to seeing what you write next,because your writing is every good and I hope you make another one.

i think you can do good

Submitted by dwingo on Tue, 2016-01-12 12:26.

Dear Zakelle:

I'm happy by your post “Why do some people have to struggle to live.” because people shouldnt struggle to live because people should be rich and nun of the poor should be down they should be rich as others.one sentence you wrote that stands out for me is;why do some people have to struggle to live and inthink this is sad because when people is struggling they need help.

Thanks for your writing i look forward to seeing what you write next because your post and your ideas were great. It reminds me of my mom's friend son was exactly like this but worst h4e did not listen to his mom and now i see him on drug just because he is not do well in school

Thanks for writing.i look forward to seeing what you write next, because dreaming about your talent.I think your going to prove to your mom you can do it show that you could learn more than you think you can.

Dear Zakelle, iam very happy

Submitted by spineda on Tue, 2016-01-12 12:35.

Dear Zakelle, iam very happy i was able to read your general post on why people struggle to live?

one sentence that you wrote that stands out for me is “i believe some people struggle to live because they don’t have enough money to pay rent”. i agree with that statement because not only have some people struggled with financial stability , but i can relate because i’ve also dealt with some personal issues involving my mother to make ends meet.

another sentence that stands out for me is “i think some people struggle because they’re selfish and want things to go their way “ im not sure if i agree too much with that statement only because it’s normal for a person to become selfish especially when their struggling because the motive is to get more hungry and to achieve the goal of not having to struggle anymore.

your post reminds me of my background a little, it almost makes me emotional.

thank you for your writing! i look forward to reading more of your work.

Three examples

kchisholm's picture
Submitted by kchisholm on Tue, 2016-01-12 21:36.

Dear Zakelle:

I am concerned about your post “ Why do some people have to struggle to live?”because you are explaining how some people struggle to live. And backing up your topic you explained your mom, her friend, and her other “friend” stories.

One sentence you wrote that caught my attention was “some people have to struggle in life to live because they do not have a apartment to live. this mean that people do not have a apartment to live so they have to struggle in life to live”. that sentence was so unacceptable you basically repeated the same statement in reverse form but besides that another sentence that stands out to me is when you mentioned your mom friend living in his mother’s house because he is unable to get accepted in a job because of his “ drug habits”. now to my knowledge i know mostly all the basic requirements for jobs and being the fact that he mention he use drugs he should’ve known from the start that he wasn’t going to be accepted in the first place.

and that’s basically partially why people have to “struggle” because some people are influenced under alcohol and drugs and other percentage of people either don’t have education or they’re just lazy. even if Zakelle’s mom’s “friend” took a drug test you can always stay clean for at least a month so the test can come out negative … not that i know of but still.

Unfortunately i can’t relate to this because me and my family haven’t made poor decisions such as the following…

But Hey, thanks for writing , you were very honest on your family's behalf.

Zakelle's Letter about why do people struggle to live

eharrison's picture
Submitted by eharrison on Thu, 2016-01-28 13:55.

Dear Zakelle:

In your post about your question “Why do people have to struggle to live” you talk about how you and your mother and the neighbors are struggling. You might also add other people like the homeless people, people who don’t have any jobs, parents that are single, people that need help with their illnesses.

One sentence you wrote that caught my attention was when you said that one of your neighbors was on drugs and drinking, and it kind of makes sense, but it doesn’t make sense at the same time.

Another sentence that I noticed was “Some people have to struggle in life to live because they do not have a apartment to live in”. Also you have very well written details in that part of your post to me that was a great example of how people struggle.

Your post on youth voices reminds me of something that happened to me , One time my mother was struggling with the bills and after she payed them she didn’t know what to do and her next paycheck came in the mail and she was happy and now she isn’t struggling like that anymore.

Great work!

aruiz's picture
Submitted by aruiz on Sat, 2016-03-12 16:13.

Dear Zakelle

I am happy with your essay “why do some people have to struggle to live ?” because you had good information and details in your work and also good comments in you work.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is when your mother said “ Zakelle life is hard, so remember to stay strong, stay in school and get your education in life so you will not struggle in life”. I think this is good because that was a strong moment that you had with your mom and also summed up the hole story of your essay.

Another sentence that i very good was when you wrote “some people have to struggle in live because they cannot do anything for themselves and they are probably disable so therefore they would need help with some things to do”. This stood out for me because this shows how and ways people struggle in life.

Your essay reminds me of something that happened to me like one time i had $20 but spent it all on food but i didn't have enough money to take the bus home so that was a struggle.

Thank for your writing i look forward to seeing what you write next time, because we're making a film together and i could really use your work and mine in my documentary.