12 15 - Using Appropriate Language

Wiki

Essential Question: How do we communicate appropriately using electronic communication?

Independent Practice Reading: Purpose for reading : "What can I do to make sure i use appropriate language?"

Follow these links to read about appropriate language and answer the questions on your reading guide.

Appropriate Language - by Stacie Heaps from Write Express. This article outlines rules for language in the workplace. It's focus is on both verbal and written communication.

"Rule Number 1 of Nettiquette" by Virginia Shea excerpted from the book Netiquette. Follow the links on the introduction and all ten of the core rules of "netiquette" to learn more about the rules of appropriate behavior when communicating electronically.

Thinking about the reading

Click on the add comment tab below to type in a response to the "Purpose for reading" question above. When finished click submit.

I can always correct myself

Submitted by MagaliEBCHS on Wed, 2010-12-15 11:30.

I can always correct myself and think of how I want to be spoken to. Its important to get spoken to with respect.

The things i can commit to

Submitted by DanayshaEBCHS on Wed, 2010-12-15 11:29.

The things i can commit to doing to secure appropriate language on the internet is avoid biased or derogatory comments, do not use profanity, and be polite. I can also not use alot of abbreviations.

To make sure i use

Submitted by TatyanaEBCHS on Wed, 2010-12-15 11:28.

To make sure i use appropriate language i can make sure to be polite when talking to others online. I can try my best to limit my slang as well. I can also NEVER write something to someone that i knew i wouldnt say face to face.

Good Job Tatyanna ! (:

Submitted by AmandaEBCHS on Wed, 2010-12-15 11:31.

Good Job Tatyanna ! (:

I will use grammar

Submitted by MatthewCEBCHS on Wed, 2010-12-15 11:27.

I will use grammar appropriately. I always be kind and polite about 
somebody's work, and if there is a problem I do not have to always 
correct them. If I do decide to correct them i will be polite. Another 
thing is that i would write things that i would say in person, and not 
something I wouldn't say just because I'm not in the person's face 
directly. Finally, I will make sure I'm talking professionally and 
avoiding slang. 

We appropriately use

Submitted by AkiraEBCHS on Wed, 2010-12-15 11:26.

We appropriately use electronic communication through email messages avioding things like slang usage so that you make it as clear as possible to the person reading your message.

We do no use profanity, try

Submitted by TamaraEBCHS on Wed, 2010-12-15 11:23.

We do no use profanity, try to avoid biased or derogatory comments, use the appropriate approach to grab the audience attention, and use standard English and follow rules of grammar.

Janess Louis > > i will use

Submitted by EBCHS10 on Wed, 2010-12-15 11:23.

Janess Louis
>
> i will use it in a timely fashion. i will use grammar, caps lock and
> puncuation
> to epress how i feel. instead of using abbrevation i will put my words
> clear so
> the person can understand me. if i want to attach a file ill be
> cautious to make
> sure the file is clear and percise....

"What can I do to make sure

Submitted by devdaboss on Wed, 2010-12-15 11:22.

"What can I do to make sure i use appropriate language?"

Make sure i use words in a polite, non-slang manor, not use profanity, Also i can phrase my words in a way where other people can grasp it and not feel a certain way about my writing.

In order to ensure that I am

Submitted by AmandaEBCHS on Wed, 2010-12-15 11:29.

In order to ensure that I am using appropriate language, I will make sure that my dialogue does not consist of profanity, slang, or words that isn't used in the english language.  I will make sure I am polite and am using standard english.

- ParisDASH * <3