Black Boy

We are developing a VoiceThread together as we read Black Boy together. You can simply read from the text, dramatize a section, tell your own story that is related to something in the novel, or express your thoughts, feelings and opinions about a particular section. Each section of the novel is identified with a specific photograph.

Let's make this VoiceThread together. Each slide in this VoiceThread represents a number of pages in the Harper Perennial Modern Classics edition of Richard Wright's Black Boy. You are welcomed to add any sort of comment on each slide that is about those pages.

You might:

• Read the pages of the book aloud with as much meaning, drama, and engagement as you can! Read to a partner or a group of people to have an audience as you read.
  • Do a dramatic version of the specific pages represented by one of the slides. Do this with a partner or two.
  • Tell us what you think of a particular passage represented by one of the slides: why does it move you, anger you, delight you, surprise or confuse you?
  • Tell us a story from your life that is similar to or different from the story that is represented by one of the slides.

http://voicethread.com/share/2268886/