Trayvon's Not a Martian

by: deanf
Trayvon

Rest in peace Trayvon Martin.
He is human not a martian.
Living in society we all take part in.
Just take notes and listen.
He only had a hoodie, juice, and candy that are delicious.
Shot down because being black with a hoodie is suspicious.
Didn’t get the chance to live his life.
or even make it home to dinner that night.
What’s going to happen to Zimmerman’s life?
Justice is what we need because this isn't right!

Great poem, I think that the

Submitted by dillon beckett on Wed, 2012-04-04 12:10.

Great poem, I think that the tragedy of Trayvon Martin needs to be met with action on the part of the people. If the police don't defend us, who will?

Thank You

Submitted by deanf on Wed, 2012-04-04 14:23.

Thank you for your feedback. I feel this is a terrible tragedy. I also feel the fact that Trayvon is so famous and, and there's other tragedy's similar to this one like my friend Ramarley Graham for instance. One thing you stated that stood out to me was " If the police don't defend us, who will?" I understand where your coming from with that question , and I would also like to hear the answer to that. Maybe we have to start protecting ourselves.

Good work bro

Submitted by kiseemp on Wed, 2012-04-04 14:05.

Not only was I feeling your poem because of the reality of It and the truth in it, but your title was interesting. That actually made me want to read what you had to say. one part of your poem that I liked that caught my attention was line 6."Shot down because being black with a hoodie is suspicious" This is the messed up fact that Trayvon's family will have to face everyday and its real sad. Another thing you said that stood out for me is the last two line. "What’s going to happen to Zimmerman’s life? Justice is what we need because this isn't right!" I like this quote because this is true we need justice before this happens again to somebody else. I think Zimmerman needs to be on trial for his life. I think he should get the death penalty too, either or. Thanks for you poem though it inspired me to write one of my own that you should check out. Its called Zimmerman k.

Thank You

Submitted by deanf on Sat, 2012-12-15 12:01.

Thank you for taking your time out and reading my post. I honestly don't remember putting that title, but nether here nor there. One sentence that stood out to me was "This is the messed up fact that Trayvon's family will have to face everyday and its real sad." I agree with this , and it's really sad, but sometimes in life some people have to take a loss they find very hard to deal with. That's something life throws at you sometimes. I'll say again thank you for your feedback and time spent on my work.

Good Poem

Submitted by Layne Haber on Wed, 2012-04-04 15:22.

I think that your poem was well written, but what really stood out to me was your statement that there are many other tragedies like Trayvon's. many other similar tragedies go unreported, and largely unnoticed by the general public, a fact that is simply unacceptable. I'm not sure what makes the Trayvon case different from the countless others, but I am glad that action is finally being taken.

Thank You

Submitted by deanf on Thu, 2012-04-05 10:57.

Thank you for your time spent on my work. One sentence that stood out to me was "many other similar tragedies go unreported, and largely unnoticed by the general public, a fact that is simply unacceptable." I agree with you, this is really unacceptable. there is many other cases similar or even worse then this and it goes unnoticed.