Andy Warhol Inspired Clothing Hangers

Wiki
Add images

Let's make Andy Warhol inspired hangers.

For this project, you will need: Styrofoam Board (I used 2), Mod Podge, Sponge Brushes, an Exacto Knife, your favorite fabric and Acrylic Paint. You will also need an image that you want to turn into a hanger.

To start place your image on the board matching the bottom of the page to the bottom of the board and glue the back of the image to the bottom of the board.

Next you are going to have to trace the shape of the hanger (You might want to use a friend as a reference).

Now, you will cut out the shape of the hanger using an Exacto knife.

Next, take your acrylic paint and carefully paint of the picture, using a different color for each of the shadows. Let that all dry then we can move on to the fabric.

Cut out strips long enough to wrap around the hanger. Using the Mod Podge, glue an end of a strip to the end of the hanger and wrap. Once you get to the end, put some glue on the other end of the fabric and glue it to the hanger.

Once it all dries, the finished product is a wonderfully POP clothing hanger. These really brighten up a closet space and the fabric provides extra traction as well as look nice.