All posts

Ebonics

Discussion by: kruss on Thu, 2016-06-02 13:06 with 0 comments

Before the word Ebonics came into play people called it “Nonstandard Negro English”. Because some people didn’t like that phrase, a group of black scholars changed it to Ebonics in 1973. Ebonics is a language variation on English. It’s differs in that it isn’t as literal as the proper english we have been taught to speak. It uses more metaphors and isn’t very literal. Also many words are shortened and spelled the way it sounds. When it is being spoken many people just cut off the last letter of the word in order to truncate the word.

Try Little Fail Hard / Poco tratar Falla duro

Discussion by: kruss on Thu, 2016-06-02 12:50 with 6 comments

If I am being completely honest, my work has been less than subpar. I haven’t turned in like anything for any teacher for the past two weeks. I am really slipping and I couldn’t tell you why.

It’s been really hard for me to focus these past couple months and I think my depression has come back full force. The only thing I want to do is sleep and watch Netflix. I have no idea how to fix it either. I went back on my medications but that doesn’t seem to be working for anything. I really need to solve this problem.

suicide prevention

Discussion by: IreOHS on Thu, 2016-06-02 10:04 with 32 comments

My picture says the words of "GET AND ASK FOR HELP." What this means, in my case, when I was being bullied by kids at my school, you felt like you aren't apart of this world. It feels like you weren't meant to be there. I would never ask or get help because I was afraid that no one would ever help me. There was a lot of drama and bullying going on in my life and to others when it happened. My friends would ASK you to GET HELP, and not be AFRAID of what an adult will say to you. One day after school, I thought that all my friends left to go home.

Animal Testing

Discussion by: kylieb14 on Thu, 2016-06-02 09:59 with 1 comments

You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.

Animal Testing
Animals are living things. They can’t speak, but they feel pain just like us. Animal testing is when cosmetics or certain products are tested on animals to make sure that it is safe for us humans. Each year more than 100 animals are killed in the USA for animal testing. This includes mice, rats, frogs, dogs, rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, monkeys, fish, and birds. These animals are caged and and poorly mistreated. Rabbits often get infected eyes and a terrible rash on their skin.

What's Your Healthy?

Discussion by: tewilliams on Thu, 2016-06-02 02:32 with 1 comments

What’s Your Healthy?

We live in a world full of varieties of ways from recovering and healing from sicknesses. In many cultures and traditions there are different explanations of how and why a person may have gotten sick. Some may believe in more spiritual healing types of methods, that some things are beyond just physical. And as many countries progress they are adapting to Western medicinal practices, which are vaccines and cough syrup to get better. Determining on the different family’s health preferences, we all have different perspectives on how we can stay healthy.

The Wall Sales Pitch

Discussion by: eaglej19 on Thu, 2016-06-02 00:04 with 0 comments

Kessler, Glenn. "Trump’s Dubious Claim That His Border Wall Would Cost $8 Billion." Washington Post. The Washington Post, 11 Feb. 2016. Web. 31 May 2016.

"Immigration Reform." Make America Great Again! Donald J. Trump, n.d. Web. 01 June 2016.

Gaskill, Melissa. "The Environmental Impact of the U.S. - Mexico Border Wall." Newsweek. Newsweek, 14 Feb. 2016. Web. 01 June 2016.

suicide

Discussion by: YunusOHS on Wed, 2016-06-01 14:32 with 0 comments

I am going to talk about why people kill there self.
Lack of interest in future plans.
Sadness/derpresson
Abouse
Lonliless
Not happey
Bulled
Relationship problems
Made a bad mistake
Drug Addiction / Substance Abuse
Illness

I am going to talk about Why people commit sucide and how to pervent sucide from happing.

Suicide Prevention Cards

Discussion by: Wartinger on Wed, 2016-06-01 14:32 with 0 comments
Suicide Prevention

Reflection
I did a Suicide Prevention project showing how suicide is not worth doing because all of the family you leave behind. The goals of my project are to convince to reconsider Suicide. I did it because others deserve to know what they are wanting to do with there lives. I hope for someone to reconsider what they were about to do.

Animal Cruelty (dogs)

Discussion by: caitlinmarie19 on Wed, 2016-06-01 11:09 with 30 comments

This is a project by Martina Yen and I about cruelty towards animals, specifically dogs.

SOURCES
"Animal Cruelty Facts and Statistics." RSS. Humane Society of the United States, n.d. Web. 28 May 2016.
"Animal Cruelty Facts and Statistics." RSS. Humane Society of the United States, n.d. Web. 28 May 2016
"23 Fascinating Dog Abuse Facts and Statistics - BrandonGaille.com."BrandonGaillecom. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 May 2016.
"ANIMAL CRUELTY SYNDROME." CFAWR. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 May 2016.

Is Organic Farming better?

Discussion by: tmyrick on Wed, 2016-06-01 09:45 with 0 comments

I’m learning more about why is our food system bad? Right now, what I’m wondering about is how is everything made out of corn? I've been reading The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan, and it seems like cows and pigs are most likely "made out of corn" because they eat it before they were killed. So to me, it would bee more like corn eating corn. Although farmers feed animals corn, this is kind of confusing to me.

Emotional Appeals in Public Health

Discussion by: tewilliams on Wed, 2016-06-01 04:01 with 0 comments

You know those times when you are just laying around on the couch then a commercials like saving an animal’s life at the ASPCA shelter comes on, or everyone is having having fun at the boardwalk on a nice day, while you’re just sitting on the couch. And after seeing that commercial you start to feel a mix of emotions, whether it’s very happy, guilty, or sad for the helpless animals.

Our Evolving Society

Discussion by: eric_yu2001 on Tue, 2016-05-31 20:09 with 1 comments

Today's society consists of a variety of behaviors. What makes America, our home country, special is that it gives plenty of room for expanding a student's knowledge, abilities and strengths. In Communist countries, like China, it is believed that uniform was the best way of handling things. For example, everyone moved at the same pace in school. There were no honors, AP or extra study classes for gifted. Most chinese students, starting at elementary age wore school uniforms.

Programing

Discussion by: Cec on Tue, 2016-05-31 17:41 with 0 comments

“Real” Coding. From the languages I have coded in.
There are people in this world that think Scratch is a valid coding language at the age of 7. Hate to break it to you, but it’s not.

Who should we invade next?!! Powerpoint

Discussion by: saketh123 on Tue, 2016-05-31 14:32 with 0 comments

Click on this link to get to my google powerpoint (it's open for everyone so don't hesitate) :
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1wNNUc1wrG2URepeTgLhEG5vqlNqI7PQk...

Hi this is my powerpoint on American imperialism. How the USA has supported terrible dictators, and coups and wars. I hope this powerpoint will open your mind to the realities of America.

Citations for images:
https://theredphoenix.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/t1larg-dictators-gi.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/La_fallera_de_l'oncle_Sam.JPG

Raise your voice project-Let's save the Earth!

Discussion by: JihoOHS on Tue, 2016-05-31 14:26 with 0 comments

When I first heard about this project, something popped out in my brain, so I just made that as my subject. My subject is "Let's save the Earth!". I don't think many people know how serious this is. The temperature of the Earth is getting higher and higher. As a result, animals that are living on the very cold place, or very hot place such as polar bears, penguins, and etc are dying. This is really heartbreaking. Also, if we keep living like this, then we are going to die because of the global warming.

End World Hunger

Discussion by: vasquezj19 on Tue, 2016-05-31 14:12 with 0 comments
It's sooooo yummy!!!!!!!

External video: 

See video

So people are asking... Why are people wasting so much food. I mean it's not even funny how we treat food like yesterday's meal. We do this a lot all the time. Food comes from plants and we eat those plants like they were like food. The next thing to do was that they were today's garbage or trash. We need to do something that's why I'm taking this the next step... Look at my website above or below depending where it is.

https://www.smore.com/8k6mf-end-world-hunger

help stop cyber bullying online

Discussion by: thomas c. on Tue, 2016-05-31 09:46 with 0 comments

My pictograph is telling people who use the internet to bully others can’t be anonymous ever online. I want my pictograph to spread across the web in hopes of ending cyber bullying forever. The reason I made this was to scare cyber bullies enough that they will stop bullying people digitally. Also this was to help get support from everyone to stop cyber bullying.