All posts

Elbow Conspiracies

Discussion by: amercedes on Fri, 2016-05-27 11:05 with 0 comments

Anfernie Mercedes 4/1/2016

“Elbow Conspiracies”

Characters:
Mr. De Jesus/ Assistant Principal: A dedicated, caring man in his mid 40’s. He is well-liked by the students and might even be considered cool by some (but not as cool as Mr. D).
Mom/Albania: 37 years old. The mother of 3 children. She is a great mother, who works hard to provide for her children.

YouTube, Is It A Job?

Discussion by: Brockjordan_124 on Fri, 2016-05-27 09:16 with 3 comments

For many adult Americans youtube is another social media platform use to waste your time or watch a how to video. But many young Americans see this platform as a way to make money and they do this by doing what they love. people see youtube that it won't help you get feather in life but you can. With youtube you can make $130,000 a year. and this is just a small amount. A Famous Youtuber Tyler Oakley that went to my High school has 8,000,000 subscribers and has a net worth of $2 million dollars. This is just the little thing that shows it's a job.

Bike Lanes

Discussion by: Dominick on Fri, 2016-05-27 09:13 with 0 comments

https://magic.piktochart.com/output/14093204-untitled-report\

I did a infographic on bike lanes. To show the lack of bike lanes throughout the nation and how people need or want bike lanes for safer transport.

Source: http://www.peopleforbikes.org/green-lane-project/pages/inventory-of-prot...

Unit 3 Final Project:Rumeplstiltskin

Discussion by: 21lodhp on Thu, 2016-05-26 18:27 with 0 comments

Suicide Prevention PSA

Discussion by: Roan522 on Thu, 2016-05-26 17:49 with 1 comments

External video: 

See video

Racial Profiling in Law Enforcement

Discussion by: jbooth on Thu, 2016-05-26 16:11 with 1 comments
End Racial Profiling Feeder March, 2013 by DC Protests

Dear Next President,

Paying College Athletes

Discussion by: daddy on Thu, 2016-05-26 15:45 with 0 comments

Dear Next President,

Sexual Education

Discussion by: allexandrabowman on Thu, 2016-05-26 15:45 with 0 comments

Dear Future President,

We need Nuclear Energy

Discussion by: stampfelr on Thu, 2016-05-26 15:38 with 0 comments

Dear Next President,

My Grandma

Discussion by: fcastaneda on Thu, 2016-05-26 15:20 with 9 comments

Choose Your Food

Discussion by: miaambers on Thu, 2016-05-26 15:12 with 0 comments

I just started reading The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan, and my first impression is how good is this book.

One question I have is how can this book change your life what I want the author to explain is can this help us with our food diet and this is important because people need to know what is in our food.

Another question is do all of our food have corn? The answer to this is probably yes. I think I’ll be able to find out more by reading the beginning of chapter 1.

Emotional Appeals in Public Health

Discussion by: lmiller on Wed, 2016-05-25 23:15 with 1 comments

An emotional appeal is a method of persuasion that's designed to create an emotional response. Emotion is one of the three modes of persuasion identified by Aristotle. The other two are logos, and ethos. Emotional appeals are considered errors in reasoning, because they manipulate emotions in an audience. Emotional appeals are specifically used in advertising and when trying to win someone over.

Snitching: Good or Bad?

Discussion by: lmiller on Wed, 2016-05-25 22:24 with 0 comments

In this period of time, snitching is not a thing that some people do. Most people will keep a secret no matter how big for a loved one of a friend no matter what they did or said. Snitching isn’t a good thing in my eyes especially if you yourself had something to do with what happened. I interviewed three people at my school about how they felt about snitching.

Let's become a food detective.

Discussion by: avillanueva on Tue, 2016-05-24 15:11 with 0 comments

I’m learning more about what is in my food right now, and in particular, what I’m reading is The Omnivore’s Dilemma and this caught my attention because this book is telling what I'm eating.

“Many people tell me that the book changed the way they think about eating—and that now they spend a lot more time deciding what to put in their mouths.”
(Chevat and Pollan)

The quote I chose here is basically saying people now know what they are putting in their mouth.

The Big Game with the Difficult Coach that I Loved

Discussion by: rramos on Tue, 2016-05-24 11:17 with 0 comments

Characters:

Raynier: A young, cocky baseball player that sometimes doubts his abilities.

Coach: A middle-aged man. Stern and strict, but is well respected and liked by his players. He serves as a father-figure to many of his players.

Intro: I am 7 years old playing on my first organized baseball team. The game is on the line and I come to bat with two outs.

Coach:“Raynier are you nervous?”

Raynier:”yes coach”

C: Don't worry, just do your best”
R: What if I mess up?
C: Don’t talk about that. As long as you try your best that is all that matters”
R: “Thanks Coach!”

dialogue

Discussion by: jsosa on Tue, 2016-05-24 11:10 with 0 comments
lon

Characters: mom,dad,john and brother

When summer vaca started one day i was in my room with my brother playing games and my mom walked in my room. We started talking about somethings.

Mom : john have you ever wanted to go to london ?

Me: i havent thoght about it but i heard its a nice place.

Brother : i want to go to london.

Mom : john would you like to go ?

Me : yes i would but when ?

Mom : in 3 days we have start packing

Me : are we really going mom ?

Brother : yesss!!

Mom : yes we are going.

The secrets behind what you eat

Discussion by: fcastaneda on Tue, 2016-05-24 09:33 with 0 comments

I’m learning more about how food can change your life, right now, and in particular, what I'm wondering about is how do all of the food chains end up the same way? I was reading The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michal Pollan and this question caught my attention because when I was learning food chain in science. I was wondering why to do all of the food ends up the same way. Also, while my teacher was teaching us about food chains I was still wondering that same question.

“All these food chains end the same way—with a meal." (Chevat and Pollan)