All posts

The ass the fox and the lion

Discussion by: 21navad on Tue, 2016-05-24 07:18 with 0 comments

My Animation is about the ass the fox and the lion. This is a poem and shows the moral of what happens if you trust your enemies. The fox sells out the donkey to save his own life but gets killed too. I show how that happens and what could happen if he made the right decision.

Act 2a Betrays the Ass

Their Eyes Were Watching Zora

Discussion by: tewilliams on Tue, 2016-05-24 01:45 with 0 comments

Zora Neale Hurston, an African-American writer and her involvement with the Harlem Renaissance around the 1930’s. Best known for her 1937 novel Their Eyes Were Watching God, taking place in Eatonville, Florida where the main character Janie Crawford has trouble finding love and finding herself. After marrying twice, to Logan Killicks who tried to mold her into a field wife, then to Joe Starks who degrades Janie for her well being. But then finding her last love “TeaCake”, she felt she can be herself, until it takes a U-turn in the end.

Zora Neale Hurston's real love affair of her life

Discussion by: tsaeteurn on Mon, 2016-05-23 23:50 with 0 comments

Zora Neale Hurston was a magnificent novelist and folklorist. She was one of the attractions of the Harlem Renaissance. Her novels were inspired by her childhood. She was born in Alabama and grew up in Florida specifically in Eatonville where it was historically one of the first black towns of the United States. This is where most of her stories like Their Eyes Were Watching God is based on. Her and her father John Hurston were not close because of his rejection towards her while accepting her older sister. Her mom Lucy Ann Hurston was a teacher. She had passed away in Zora’s early years.

The Ungrateful Son

Discussion by: 21omylaka on Mon, 2016-05-23 23:38 with 0 comments
Act 1 Storyboard
Act 2 storyboard
Cover page

This is my final unit project for tech. It's an animation that includes a moral and Ethical decision, which you, the viewer, decide and affect the outcome of. This animation is based off of Aesop’s fable “The Ungrateful Son.” The animation takes place on a farm, and there are two hardworking characters involved, a son and a father. The son finds a meal sitting on a table, and decides to eat it. After a few seconds, the tired and hungry Father shows up. The son doesn't know what to do, so he decides to run. The viewer bets to decide where he runs: to the kitchen, or to the barn.

Modern Day Witch Hunts

Discussion by: yselvin on Mon, 2016-05-23 23:27 with 0 comments

When I searched up modern-day witch hunts I came across an article on New York Times on witch hunts in northeast India. I found that more than 2,000 people accused of being witches have been killed in India over the last 15 years in poor, remote areas of the northeast. This was surprising to me because I wouldn’t have thought to find such an interesting case of modern day witchcraft. This topic is still, in some ways, relevant today.

Unit 3 Project 7-1: Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Discussion by: 21reisnerj on Mon, 2016-05-23 23:04 with 0 comments

You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.

This project is an animated version of Goldilocks and the three bears. The user has the experience of making a choice to choose where the story goes, whether Goldilocks lies about her wrongdoings or she tells the truth. This is based on the original tale of Goldilocks and the three bears, with a special twist for a decision. Each decision that the viewer makes will reveal more moral ideas, themes, and emotions. This is a very popular tale, but I thought that if I could show my interpretation of it through scratch, it could be successful and interesting.

Unit 3 Project: Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Discussion by: 21reisnerj on Mon, 2016-05-23 22:54 with 0 comments
Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Donkey Skin by Charles Perrault

Discussion by: 21tulsianik on Mon, 2016-05-23 21:15 with 0 comments

This is my scratch animation and it involves characters reenacting Donkey skin (credits in the animation). The story is called Donkey Skin by Charles Perrault. Also, there is a moral and ethical decision added into the animation , so choose wisely and enjoy. Please comment your feedback and good luck on your journey into Donkey Skin

The Military Adventures of Sam and Alex: Unit 3 Scratch Project

Discussion by: 21bessama on Mon, 2016-05-23 20:18 with 0 comments
Unit 3 Tech Project 21bessama

Here’s an introduction to my Scratch interactive story, called “The Military Adventures of Sam and Alex”. I was inspired to do this off of the story by the Brothers Grimm, Partlett and Chanticleer. I enjoyed it, and even though it was one of the lesser known stories, I liked it because of how gory and tragic it was. And because this has to be PG-13, I made it less so, but still keeping the main events and characters. So here’s everything I used to make it. Enjoy!

The Ass and His Masters

Discussion by: 21bernardspellera on Mon, 2016-05-23 20:09 with 0 comments

The Old Man and His Grandson

Discussion by: 21islamn on Mon, 2016-05-23 19:51 with 0 comments
The Oldman and His Grandson
The Oldman and His Grandson

The Grasshopper and the Ant

Discussion by: 21firuf on Mon, 2016-05-23 17:41 with 0 comments
The Grasshopper and the Ant

The Grasshopper and the Ant

Discussion by: 21firuf on Mon, 2016-05-23 17:40 with 0 comments
The Grasshopper and the Ant

Scratch unit 3 project

Discussion by: 21ngj on Mon, 2016-05-23 17:22 with 0 comments
Scratch animation unit 3 project 21ngj

This is an alteration to the classic cinderella tale. It was originally a project for my tech class. This unit focuses on the moral choices characters makes in stories or in real life and how to animate it. It was frustrating trying to create it but the end result came out to be pretty nice. So in the story, the character cinder finds herself talking to a cat, lucifer, the cat tells her to leave since she is suffering a lot working for her step- sisters. The decision she has to make is whether she stays or not.

This is the script for the animation:

Act One:
Characters:

The Ant and the Grasshopper

Discussion by: 21eatonh on Mon, 2016-05-23 17:17 with 0 comments

This is a project that I did for Tech class. We took a fairy tale and changed it so it had two different endings. Let me know if you enjoyed!

Script:

THE ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER

The Setting

"The Lion, The Hunter, and The Meerkat"

Discussion by: 21robz on Mon, 2016-05-23 17:17 with 0 comments
"The Lion, The Hunter, and The Meerkat"

This was the final product I made for a project in my technology class. Our challenge was to use the Scratch program and take the story of a Fairy/Folk Tale and turn it into an interactive animation.

The Bear

Discussion by: 21baskoror on Mon, 2016-05-23 16:05 with 0 comments

For my technology class, I had to make an interactive scratch animation based off of a fairy tale. The fairy tale that I based my animation on was titled, “The Bear” by the Brothers Grimm. What made my animation interactive was the fact that there was two decisions that the viewer had to make called the, “ethical decision.” It was the viewer’s choice on what to do; and there was two different branches in the animation.

Vietnam Arms Embargo to be Fully Lifted

Discussion by: connorc on Mon, 2016-05-23 13:07 with 0 comments

Today, president Obama announced in Hanoi, Vietnam, that the United States would be lifting the decades-old ban on selling armaments to Vietnam. This embargo originates from the Vietnam War era of the 60's and the goal of the lifting of it is to eradicate the last of tensions from that war, and give Vietnam the ability to defend itself from the Chinese and other aggressors. President Obama was quoted saying, “The decision to lift the ban was not based on China or any other considerations,” he said, with the Vietnamese president, Tran Dai Quang, standing stiffly by his side.