Tree Swallows Breeding Project

Through building nest boxes and placing them in a park, students will learn basic woodworking skills, and they will learn about the importance of studying the migratory patterns of birds like Tree Swallows. Students will be introduced to basic concepts of scientific observation, biology, evolution, ornithology, and environment sciences.

Follow this link, Tree Swallows Breeding Project, to a Gooru Collection of multimedia resources, guidelines, tasks, and assignments that will lead you through an inquiry about the environment led by your curiosity about tiny Tree Swallows.
Use this form to record your observations at the nest boxes Soundview Park Tree Swallow Observation.
Once you are in the Gooru Collection, you can get more instructions and links for guidelines and tasks to follow by clicking on the "narration" icon in the top-right corner of each resource. It looks like a quote bubble.

Photos by Joseph Morales mjojo6331@yahoo.com