outsourcing

Outsourcing throughout Asia

Submitted by andrewjackson775 on Tue, 2014-03-04 15:26

In Adam Davidson’s essay, "Economic Recovery, Made in Bangladesh?," from http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/19/magazine/economic-recovery-made-in-ban..., the author discusses the environment of these countries where most apparel superpowers or even regular stores exploit the terrible conditions of these countries to make a mass amount of material for cheap amounts.

Outsourcing 2

Submitted by Lauren Allegra on Sun, 2012-11-11 14:13

In my last discussion I talked about how the issue of outsourcing would affect the 2012 election. Now it has passed and the focus has become "How will President Obama change his policies to deal with outsourcing?" The President’s reelection has caused some mixed emotions in both the United States and India, which is currently the most popular country for outsourcing. R.V. Kanoria, the president of FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry) says that outsourcing is in the U.S.’s best interest because it helps our companies to lower production costs and gain more profit.

Outsourcing

Submitted by Lauren Allegra on Wed, 2012-10-24 10:41

The practice of outsourcing, or sending jobs/parts overseas, has become a big issue in the 2012 election. The issue really only came about in the 2008 election, although “outsourcing” has been a mainstream term since the early 90’s and the practice has been used since medieval times, when nations hired mercenaries to fight wars instead of using their own soldiers. This word, often also called “offshoring”, has gained a rather negative reputation among Americans. Many of them consider outsourcing a loss of jobs in the U. S.

Are 3D printing and production outsourcing the future?

Submitted by max_L on Thu, 2010-03-11 13:53

With technology improving every day and accomplishing all sorts of tasks, from the simple to the highly scientific and complex, it would seem possible to do almost anything to do. That includes starting up your own business. One technology that is making this even easier if you want to go into producing your own product is 3D printing. There are endless possibilities as to what can be designed and printed on one of these amazing new devices, and they can even be used to modify existing materials. I even saw a video on YouTube where a guy who owns a 3D printer made his own iPhone case.

Unfortunately, these printers cost tens of thousands of dollars, although the price is coming down. But this should not be too much of a cause of concern. With new software provided by a company called Shapeways, you can create your 3D design and send it off to their factory. They will then print this design in one of their 3D printers and send it off to you to package, sell, or use yourself. The video below shows this process in action.

All quiet on job Front??

Submitted by aostram on Wed, 2009-05-13 21:06
Well, so far on my topic I'm just wondering what is going on in the job industry.  So far, nothing really significant has happened.  In fact, it is so quiet, anyone would think the rece