Children

Nature and Nurture: Does it come from genetics or the environment?

Submitted by MHarris on Tue, 2009-03-03 09:47

It's perhaps the most controversial question in biology: Are we shaped by our genes or by our environment?

Will animal/child abuse be stopped in the future?

Submitted by 11augelloa on Mon, 2009-02-09 14:00

In the world today, there is both animal and child abuse. There are television shows on animal abuse and both of these kinds are illegal.

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

Submitted by ssimmoa048 on Fri, 2009-01-16 14:59

I am reading the book "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings," in my English class and I think it is an awesome book to create awareness with. It's about racism, it has child abuse in it, and also just how African Americans were treated. I hate racism and I grew up with it. I love people of all types and I don't like discrimating.

"I Stand Here Ironing" response

Submitted by TMcQueen on Mon, 2008-12-08 22:40

I just read "I Stand Here Ironing" by Tillie Olsen. I found this story very interesting. The relationship between the narrator and her daughter I found kind of confusing. Some parts of the story felt like the narrator didn’t want the child, especially after the father left. I think this story is great for all young mothers. I believe it will give them motivation.

Response to "I Stand Here Ironing"

Submitted by QLin on Sun, 2008-12-07 12:12

I just read a short story, "I stand here ironing," by Tillie Olsen, and I really like it. This short story is very deep and the mother has loads of love for her daughter. It is very hard for a women to take care of 5 kids and has to work too. Then, day by day kids starts to feel unloved. In this story the mother talked about how her daughter was a beautiful baby.

Response To I Stand Here Ironing

Submitted by ssingh on Thu, 2008-12-04 19:38

I just read a short story, " I STAND HERE IRONING," by Tillie Olsen , I really like it because it shows how you raise your child, Emily alone. After her father left you and her when she was three months old. And you remember everything about her.

Will I marry a man or a woman?

Submitted by 12jimenezs on Thu, 2008-12-04 14:02

This question is important to me because I am bisexual. If I were to marry a man or a woman it would affect my life greatly. Being bisexual means liking both genders. Since I like both genders that means I might marry either one. If I were to marry a man that means that I can have the typical family. I can procreate and have children naturally.

I stand here ironing response

Submitted by jsmith on Tue, 2008-12-02 16:54

I just read a short story, "I stand here ironing" by tillie olsen and i greatly admired it because its just so deep amd moving author describes the daughter so well. I mean to go through all that with a loved one and be strong enough to talk about is just laudable. I praised the mother for that.

Will i ever get married and start a family?

Submitted by 12shimonovav on Thu, 2008-11-20 08:38

I wonder when im going to get married. Im pretty sure everyone has wondered how and when this oppertunity and expiernce is going to happen in their lives. People say that the day you get married and have your first born will be the best days of your life, but will it?

Bio

Submitted by 12arces on Thu, 2008-10-23 12:37

My name is Shery, I'm in 9th grade at BSGE. I'd rather go to the beach than go to the mall. I am a really kind person who likes to meet new people. Thats all you need to know! =]

Bio

Submitted by 12narvaeza on Thu, 2008-10-23 12:31

Well the name is Ashley, born and raised in Queens. My ethnicity is hispanic and i'm proud of it. =] I'm a pretty happy person who loves to interact. Well thats about it...

Bio

Submitted by jsmith on Mon, 2008-09-15 17:22

I am Jonathan Smith i'm 17 years old and i go to EWSIS. Some of the things that i am into are philosophy,health,medicine,viruses etc. I guess you could say that i am more on the intellectual side. I  study the human anatomy A lot.  I listen to lots of music and all different types. Anything that euphoric to my ears makes it,s way into my Ipod. I  watch A lot of movies,mostly horror and drama. I am the type that likes one on one conversations as oppose to group discussions. Some of my beliefs or views are that we all are here for a purpose and when i say that, i am not talking about career-wise, i mean we all should learn to give to each other when we can and help each other because its not just about doing it because of the benefits but just more for the obligational aspect and the human connection. I feel as though I still have so much to do and i owe people something. I do not want to delve any deeper into this because it would start to get a bit surreal or nutty if you will so yeah thats one of my beliefs. I would say my favorite sport is football.