danger

Xenophobia in America: The Dystopian ISIS

Submitted by Amy_Cremer on Thu, 2016-01-14 03:08
A gunman waves an Islamic State flag in Raqqa, Syria. Photograph: Reuters

Since the the year 1999, ISIS has been gaining popularity and posing a grave threat to not only the safety of the United States, but to all surrounding nations. This radical jihadist group gained major popularity when they obtained and beheaded hostages in late 2014, and these acts relate much to the complete dominion Big Brother accomplishes in the popular novel by George Orwell, 1984. As Big Brother is constantly changing laws and has complete reign over its citizens, " ISIS controls hundreds of square miles where state authority has evaporated.

How can we make teens better aware of the dangers of Sexting?

Submitted by 18ChenAM on Wed, 2015-12-16 23:53

Question:
How can we make teens better aware of the dangers of sexting?

Question:

Life on the Edge

Submitted by RaquelMarkham on Tue, 2015-04-14 01:56
Ebola treatment unit (ETU) run by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)

Just two weeks ago, a hospital in the north of the Central African Republic was attacked where the medical humanitarian organization Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) provides care. This, therefore, forced the team of doctors to withdraw some of their services, leaving the thousands of families without a healthcare provider in a time when they need it most. Unfortunately, this is not the first time an occurrence such as this has happened, as a similar event had taken place just a few days earlier at the same location.

In What Way Can I Use The Internet While Avoiding Its Risks?

Submitted by 20rajua on Wed, 2015-02-25 22:20
Internet Safety

The Internet is known to have many risks. However, there are many known ways to combat these risks. One major risk found online is malware. Malware is another name for malicious software that is downloaded onto your computer. This also consists of viruses, trojans, spyware, etc. One way to avoid the risks of malware is not to download content from suspicious or untrustworthy websites and update your computer and its malware protection software. Another risk is cyberbullying and cyberstalking. Cyberbullying is when someone bullies you online through social media.

How can I use the Internet while avoiding its risks?

Submitted by 20leis on Wed, 2015-02-25 21:45
Always make sure that sites that you go on are valid and safe.

When going onto the internet, always remember that there are risks. You may be at risk of identity theft, cyber-stalking, cyber-bullying, having black hat hackers take over your computer and many more. To minimize these risks, you should always think twice before typing in any personal information, such as your social security number and your address. Additionally, you should regularly update your computer, which minimizes the risk of viruses going through your computer’s defenses and into your computer.

How can you avoid risks while using the internet?

Submitted by 20kennya on Wed, 2015-02-25 21:28

We can use the internet in many ways while still remaining safe. One way to do this is by updating our security systems etc. because this can help prevent many times of malware. For example it can prevent viruses, and Trojans. Additionally, make sure you do not give out personal information because people can track you down and stalk you. They can also find out where you live based on geo-tagged posts etc. . All in all you can be safe on the internet you just need to be conscious of what you are doing and who can see what you are doing.

What risks are there to using the internet?

Submitted by 20bhattr on Wed, 2015-02-25 18:18

When using the internet, it's important to know what to and what not to do. If the wrong things are done, then you may be prone to malware, or malicious software. malware can do bad things to your computer and comes in different forms. Worms, trojans, adware, viruses and all kinds of other nasty things. When using the internet, don't click on anything suspicious or believe anything that is obviously a lie. You might also want to keep your personal info. a secret to prevent spyware or cyberstalking/bullying. These are some of the many ways to prevent danger on the internet.

Elevator!

Submitted by sbravo on Fri, 2014-11-07 14:53

My huge, huge family was going to a 15-year-old's birthday party. We were all invited, and my cousin and his family were going too. When we got there, I was very surprised. When we got to his house, we were too early. The party didn't start until 7:30 pm.

We waited until the party started and more people were there. At one point, I got bored at the party and my cousin, Brian and I were playing a game on our DS. We kept playing. It was 6:30 p.m., and Brian and I got bored. I went into his room, and we watched a scary movie. We both loved it, and we ate some popcorn.

Badges

Submitted by jmasarof on Wed, 2014-07-16 12:38

Who is the prey?

Submitted by Franklini17 on Tue, 2014-04-22 06:35

Something I have been interested in learning more about has been sharks. I remember my dad talking about it sometimes whenever we were at the beach but I was never really interested in hearing about some huge creature that could possibly be swimming around next to me. Lately, this issue has caught my eye again. I know that some people say that they are extremely dangerous and will kill humans. For example, I know a surfer, Bethany Hamilton, who was in a shark attack has lost her arm. Now that I’ve heard that they try to kill humans, on purpose, it may or may not be true.

Should we increase or keep the amount of surveillance camera's in Oakland?

Submitted by gchao on Mon, 2014-03-24 14:20

Right now, the city council is debating if Oakland should increase the number of security camera's because of all the crime and danger in this city. Most people think, they shouldn't increase the camera's, because they feel as if they are invading their privacy, but the city council thinks it will protect us. And I agree.

Animal Outlaws

Submitted by JoshuaG on Tue, 2013-06-04 10:22

Today i read an article about Animals that are outlawed in New York City. Many of these animals seem normal to own but there was a list of animals that seem crazy to own in the first place.The article talked about how many animal complaints the NYPD go over the past year and it talked about the dangers of keeping wild animals as pets in a small apartment in New york the animals can go crazy and attack the owner or kill or escape and hurt others.

Twisted By Sara Shepard

Submitted by Vivian on Tue, 2013-05-28 18:51

Twisted is the ninth book of the pretty little liars series which is a series about 4 girls dealing with the death of their friend. In this book they are basically dealing with trying to keep the secret of what they did in Jamaica during spring break from getting out.

Honey, Baby, Sweetheart

Submitted by Vivian on Tue, 2013-05-28 17:53

Ruby McQueen is quiet girl who lives in a small town by the name of Nine Miles Falls. She lives with her mom and brother. Her father left them to go fulfill his dreams. Ruby ends up hanging out with Travis Becker, the rich guy of the town. She realizes that Travis isn't exactly what you might think is good for her. Her mom drags her along to a book club that she runs. While there Ruby and her mother find out that one person in the book club is involved in a tragic love story and set out to bring the two lovers together again. I would like to know whether or not she will stay with Trevor.

The Endangerment of the Yellow blotched Map Turtle

Submitted by JaimeS on Thu, 2013-05-23 10:23

The yellow blotched map turtle is an olive brown turtle with yellow patterned blotches along the shell. It has a thick long tail and a small head. This turtle is enlisted as an endangered reptile for multiple reasons. Some of these reasons include, pollution in the water, hunting, toxic materials in the water, human disturbance, and 90% are predated. Many humans also accidentally walk along the nesting grounds of yellow blotched map turtles and end up killing and crushing the eggs. Humans also find them and decide to keep them which isn't good.

Labeling Others & The Danger of It

Submitted by zoep on Mon, 2012-12-31 00:44
Put Sexism, Racism an Homophobia in the trash By Kurt Löwenstein Educational Ctr

Something that I have been interested in learning more about has been people judging others and labeling each other. Fat, low-class, ugly, stupid, ETC! There’s so many labels that people put on each-other. The girl you just called fat? She’s overdosing on diet pills. The girl you called ugly? She spends hours trying to make herself look pretty, drowning her face with so much makeup just so someone can notice her one day. Lately, the issue has caught my eye again.

Alex Rider: Scorpia Rising Part 2

Submitted by 15ANASTASION on Fri, 2012-05-04 11:13

I have read 260 pages of the Alex Rider novel, and I am pleased to say that the story has started firing on all cylinders. There are several plots and some sub plots, that have me turning every page wanting to read more. After an attack on Alex's life while he was at school, he struck a deal with MI6 that would give him the protection in exchange for Alex retrieving some information. Alex did not hesitate in taking the deal, in past novels he has been skeptical about offers from MI6. However, MI6 shipped him off to Cairo, Egypt where he posed as Alex Tanner in an international school.

Toys

Submitted by ndog5000 on Thu, 2010-06-03 14:54

In these pictures I was trying to make it look like the playmobile guy was being ran over, and attacked by aliens. I was also trying to to make it look like the playmobile guys were carrying a basketball. I was tryingto get up really close and making it look like it was real, I think it turned out pretty well but you can tell it wasn't. Also the pictures were kind of foggy but it turned out pretty well.

a surprise rocket attack

Submitted by ctai on Fri, 2009-05-22 12:30

In the city there was a late rocket attack on friday night and people are starting to hear a lot of noises.

many dangerous things going on

Submitted by ctai on Sun, 2009-05-17 18:06

July's People: The kids are seeing people with guns in their hands and they are frightened to death.

Teen abuse

Submitted by smohiuddin on Thu, 2009-02-26 15:40

Teenage dating is an interesting subject because all teens have different relationship problems.

Will i ever trust melissa in driving me in a car? prt4

Submitted by 12avilas on Thu, 2009-01-08 20:41
The picture that i had posted up here is only showing that the car is messed up thats all but thing is that 
it brings the point that people who drive sometimes don't take it seriously because they don't care. 

Will i ever be able to trust melissa in driving me in a car?

Submitted by 12avilas on Wed, 2008-12-17 21:57

http://www.gliffy.com/pubdc/1566000/M.jpg

Will i be able to trust Melissa to drive me in a car??? prt 2

Submitted by 12avilas on Sat, 2008-12-06 15:05

You see i may end up crashing with melissa if i let her drive me to any place. haha But there are people that drive and dont take it seriously. For example, many people drive and talk on the phone. what ends up happening?

Will I be able to trust Melissa to drive when she gets a car???

Submitted by 12avilas on Fri, 2008-11-14 21:34

This question came to me in a really funny way. It was Melissa's little brother birthday and it was bring celebrated in a kind of arcade place. She invited me in order not to be too bored lol.

Life is Dangerous

Submitted by jsmith on Wed, 2008-09-24 10:22
Danger is the very opposite of safety first of all,which in turn means that it is not wise that you seek it or trouble will derive. Danger,if in the right circumstances usually leads to your demise. So like i said ,you really should not look for danger unless you have a scapegoat or you know what your getting yourself into.

Moving and staying, which one is it?

Submitted by JFlores on Wed, 2008-09-24 10:16

Moving is when you live or you are stationed in one area or spot and then you move to another area. It can be for any reason. You can move because of danger, you can move because of violence, you can move because you find something interesting on the other side or you can move somewhere because you want to.