Animation

Design Challenge IV: Make a game in Scratch

Submitted by ssaha on Mon, 2010-11-15 09:17

Watch the following videos and follow the directions to learn how to create interactive animations (games) in Scratch. The videos progress in difficulty, so you should master the first game type before you go on to the second and third.

1. http://scratch.redware.com/video/bat-and-ball-game
  2. http://scratch.redware.com/video/dog-and-crab
  3. http://scratch.redware.com/video/fish-game

For the Design Challenge, you must make your own game.

Task: create an interactive game.

Audience: your fellow students

Requirements/Constraints:

Design Challenge III: Story Telling Assignment in Scratch

Submitted by ssaha on Wed, 2010-11-10 09:05

Task: Create a "three act play" using Scratch. In simple terms a three act play is one with three scenes. A scene in Scratch is represented by the stage. There should be three different 'stages' (scenes) in your play.

When you finish the task, upload the file to the Scratch web site and complete the reflection below.

Audience: your fellow students

Requirements/Constraints:

• Three scenes - three different backgrounds (must be hand drawn)
  • Two "Actors" sprites - Two Actors, no other sprites are needed
  • Dialog - the "actors" must talk with each other
  • Action - Actors may move (optional different costumes)

Reflection: Once you are finished, reply to this thread and do the following by Monday, November 15th:

Topic Question Essay

Submitted by HKohn on Thu, 2009-11-12 09:45

My question is what are some new programs and examples of programs used for graphic design and animation?
  For a few weeks now I have been researching animation programs. I also linked it to Japan because Studio Ghibli (an animation studio) uses some of the same programs I hope to use. These programs where used to create some of  the most amazing movies such as "My Neighbor Totoro", "Ponyo" and many others.
  Ever since I was a little kid I was interested in animation. I always wondered how animated movies were made. It all started when I saw the movie "My Neighbor Totoro". I was amazed by the interesting animations and how well they were drawn. It looked amazing and I was hooked.
   After that I started to draw in the style they drew. This style is called amine. It comes from Japan and I found it to be very unique. The eyes showed so much expression. They clearly showed emotion such as sadness  and anger. I knew from then on I wanted to be able to draw like that and then animate what I had drawn.

Bio

Submitted by twilliams on Mon, 2009-11-02 13:12

my name is Terence Williams and I'm from school EWSIS. I love to hang out with my friends and I like to make animations for fun when I'm bored or when I relax because I feel like I can create anything I want as far as my imagination can take. I am excited to join the I-mentor program because I know i will have a respectable adult (hopefully) to help guide me during my high school years. I wanna finish high school because I want to go to an out of state college because I want to explore the world while I start on my working career.Well the one word that describes me is interactive. If I could travel to anywhere in the world it would Tokyo because I always wanted to visit it at least once in my life. My number one dream in the future is to have a career about animation. My most prized possession is my computer. My favorite movie for now is Zombie land.

Plane Flash

Submitted by AidanS on Mon, 2009-06-15 10:06

You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.

Mario

Submitted by SandraP on Mon, 2009-06-15 09:41

This is a flash project that i was working on in class. I'm still a beginner when it comes to flash!

Mario

Ariella Glide

Submitted by AriellaF on Mon, 2009-06-15 09:39

My Animation

Submitted by AriellaF on Thu, 2009-06-11 12:04

The Hug Me Tree: street art meets museum
Submitted by 12vargasd on Thu, 2009-04-02 22:29

I'm learning more about animation right now, and in particular what I;m wondering about is: how many forms of art there are.

Zapping by Aritz Azupurua

Submitted by 12vargasd on Thu, 2009-04-02 22:18

I'm learning about animation right now and in particular what I'm wondering about is whether my personal project should be related to a current event or issue.

Flash Animation Project

Submitted by ReeseL on Fri, 2009-01-23 12:49

This is the culmination of a series of classes on the basics of Flash. It took only an hour and was a lot of fun.

Ducks

Submitted by JonathanO on Thu, 2009-01-22 09:17

This is just a short piece which demonstrates my abilities in Flash animation. It uses a previous audio file that I uploaded in the Self-Portrait in Audio II project. Enjoy.

Sophie

Submitted by SophieP on Thu, 2009-01-22 09:15

This is a flash animation that I put together. I also added some music from garage band when I had finished it. We were working on a lot of things like this in my computer arts class, and it was a really interesting experience learning how to do it. 

Bumble Bee

Submitted by JulietteR on Wed, 2009-01-14 11:15

This is my first flash animation: a bumble bee flying off from a leaf.

Tekkon Kinkreet

Submitted by MMomose on Tue, 2008-12-02 21:07

First of all, this is my first music video that I have ever made and second of all, the clips in this music video were compiled from a movie called "Tekkon Kinkreet" which was around an hour long and not made by me. The music was by the artist My Chemical Romance(MCR) and the song in the video is called "This is how I disappear".

Flashing My Name

Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 2008-10-24 20:19