money

Legality of paying student athletes

Submitted by timhemm98 on Thu, 2016-04-14 14:53

I am writing a research paper on if college athletes should be paid or not. I used an EBSCO database to do a lot of research on this topic. The most interesting article discussed the legality of this issue. Basically if student-athletes want to be paid, they have to be recognized as employees of the university. They can then make unions and bargain for workers rights and compensation. The biggest argument is over common law. Common law has 3 tests.

Find My Money

Submitted by 21jimm on Wed, 2016-03-30 17:24
Find My Money Find My Money

My project is rushed but I would say it's pretty good in terms of what I can do. It's about 2 minutes long and consist of 5 characters. Some appears more than others, but there really is no real protagonist. All you have to do to start it is to press the green flag below the script. It should work but if it doesn't or doesn't show up, leave a complaint. All were made from scratch and from storyboardthat. Search it up and mess around with it. It does not look the best and it's definitely not the most understandable story out there in youth voices.

Health Care Issues in The Presidential Primary

Submitted by 18rashkindc on Tue, 2016-03-29 10:35
Trump vs. Obama

ObamaCare’s goal is to give more Americans access to affordable, quality health insurance and to reduce the growth in U.S. health care spending. The members of both the Republican party and the Democratic party have their own certain views on the ACA (Obamacare), and discuss if they would go ahead with it in 2016 if they got elected for President, or try to replace it.

Should college athletes be paid?

Submitted by timhemm98 on Sun, 2016-03-20 19:52

Should college athletes be paid? This is an issue of huge debate right now. Many argue that a full ride scholarship is enough but college athletics is becoming more of a business than a hobby. College Athletics is a multibillion dollar business where the actual athletes see very little of this money. The NCAA is the main reason that these college athletes don’t see any of this money. There is currently an ongoing legal battle and the athletes have made some progress but are still looking for more rights.

Should the minimum wage be raised?

Submitted by Katie Lee on Mon, 2016-02-01 01:03
https://pixabay.com/en/money-loot-bag-security-meaning-671295/

One of the many debates of this nation include the subject of minimum wage. The federal minimum wage in the United States is currently $7.25 an hour under the Fair Labor Standards Act. Many of those earning a minimum wage tend to be young, myself included. I used to work retail, earning exactly $7.25, the minimum wage. I wasn’t affected so much by it because I wasn’t using this money for my necessary living standards. I live with my parents, and the money I was earning was some extra pocket money that I could lean on. It wasn’t used for survival.

Substance Abuse in Oakland

Submitted by dishabhakta on Thu, 2015-10-08 14:17
Drug Abuse Influence Types of Drugs Abused

Substance Abuse: Oakland

What is income equality and how does it affect people?

Submitted by Thuc Nghi on Mon, 2015-05-11 13:23

Income equality is the difference amount of money people earn from working and investing. Low-waged jobs usually don't offer health insurance, sick days or pension plans. As a result, people can't rest like they want too. Also, if something happens, they have to take days off without getting paid. Since there are more people go to work because of the low income, companies receive more profit and making more money. Yet the wage remain low. One of the consequences of income equality is that people fall deep in debt.

Ayiti: The cost of life

Submitted by 20smitho on Tue, 2015-05-05 22:28
The results of my last game.

The results of my last game.

I played the game Ayiti: the cost of life four times, and each time I have learned something about life in a poor community.

Ayiti: The Cost Of Life

Submitted by 20siegels on Mon, 2015-05-04 21:44
My First Trial My Second Trial My Third Trial

My First TrialMy First Trial

The game Ayiti is a real game about disasters in Haiti, and how a family would respond. The player is put in the position of a needy family, and must live with the situation.

Ayiti Haiti Challenge

Submitted by 20kennya on Mon, 2015-05-04 21:09

Some of my strategies for this game included making sure people were healthy and that they got enough education when they could afford it. Also I made everyone work if they were healthy or if they had a health level above 5. Additionally, if people were from 3-5 on the health level they would stay home and rest. Otherwise they would go to the hospital if it was affordable, otherwise they would work on the family farm. These were some of my strategies for playing the ayiti hit game called cost of life.

Ayiti: The Cost Of Life

Submitted by 20uniar on Mon, 2015-05-04 19:53

This game is about a family of five who lives in Haiti ("Ayiti" in Haitian Creole) and they need to survive for four consecutive years. At first when you enter the game you can pick a strategy to play by which were happiness, health, money,and education. The strategy you picked is what you got the most of. Your family has a family farm, a school, a home, a workplace, and a hospital all around them. You need to send each person to a specific different places after each season while also using your money wisely so you can fulfill there four necessities.

Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Submitted by 20marukyans on Mon, 2015-05-04 17:28
Every season, you must choose each family member's function during that time

Today, I was playing Ayiti: The cost of Life, on https://ayiti.globalkids.org/game/. Basically, it is a game where at the beginning of each season you choose a job for each of your family members. You can choose to educate one or more family members, have one or more work on the family farm, or have one or more of your family members work. Depending on those seasons those jobs change. This continues for four years which is divided into sixteen seasons.

1st time playing:

ayiti

Submitted by 20wongb on Sat, 2015-05-02 20:56
this is the title screen of ayiti

https://ayiti.globalkids.org/game/. this is the link in which you can play the game ayiti the cost of life. I played the game 3 times. at first the strategy I chose for it was money. all my people died after they got sick and I had no money to go to the clinic since I used the money I had on items. that was in my 3rd year. my second time I chose happiness and did poorly despite a brought herbal remedy and had one of my people volunteer in order to bring happiness. my 3rd game my strategy was again money.

Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Submitted by 20azmals on Sat, 2015-05-02 18:10

The first time I played the game was sort of confusing but at the same time interesting as well. So I based my first strategy on happiness because happiness consists of a little bit of money, education, and health. So for the first year I decided to make all of the kids go to school to get an education and made the mother and father do work. After that it was a waste of money so as a result I didn’t allow them to get an education throughout the rest of the game. Throughout the entire game I made them either rest or I made them work.

Ayiti: The Cost of Life Strategies

Submitted by 20panj on Fri, 2015-05-01 19:23

The game "Ayiti: The Cost of Life" taught me a lot about strategy and life skills such as handling money. In the game, we had to know how to control our budgets and how to earn money. Overall, this game was pretty difficult, especially as I first started playing. I wasn't able to keep the whole family alive until the fourth try.

A Penny for your Thoughts

Submitted by angelinatermunde on Wed, 2015-04-22 23:47

Have you ever wondered where the top one percent's money is going? Comparing where the top one percents money is going vs the rest of us is quite interesting. You are in for quite the adventure. “The rich spend about 17 percent of their income traveling for business and pleasure.”

The Things You Can't See

Submitted by LindsayRyan on Sun, 2015-04-19 19:39
Micropriting on the twenty dollar bill

During my Twitter search, I stumbled upon two articles that discussed minute symbols on money that often go unnoticed. The first article elaborates about a symbol on the 100 dollar bill that may lead back to Kabbalah magic. If one puts the Independence Hall on the 100 dollar bill under a microscope and magnifies it ten times, small people are visible. Even further, if one magnifies it sixty times, Hebrew style penmanship is visible These inscriptions were also found on Amulets used in Kabbalah magic. King Solomon had many amulets like this and used them to control demons and serpents.

Symbols of Money

Submitted by LindsayRyan on Fri, 2015-04-17 11:53
Money Money Money Money

Take this survey please!

Further Examining Paying College Athletes

Submitted by saltymike on Thu, 2015-04-16 12:08

I recently read an article by Andrew Zimbalist of the Huffington post. I found his point about how money needs to be spent on facilities, coaches, and their staff and not on the players to make the most out of the players. However, Mr. Zimbalist noted that he does agree that something needs to be changed in compensating athletes.

Identify the Counterfeit

Submitted by LindsayRyan on Thu, 2015-04-16 11:37
Observe the detail of the symbols

It is easy to differentiate between a counterfeit and real bill if one closely observes minute details. First, the portrait on a genuine bill is clear while a counterfeit may have smudgy details. The image may also merge into the background. Second, the saw tooth points of the federal Reserve Treasury Seal are sharp, distinct, and clear while the Seal of a counterfeit is blurred. Third, the boarder of a real bill is clear and unbroken, but that of a fake may be blurred, broken, and indistinct. Fourth, the serial number of a genuine bill has a distinctive style and are evenly spaced.

Life is full of challenges

Submitted by Thuc Nghi on Mon, 2015-04-13 03:03

Me and my partner interviewed our teacher about how her life was when she lived on minimum wages. It was pretty fun, being able to talk to her and understand more about her as well as how the minimum wage affects people' lives. I personally thought that we were prepared. Yet, when we started the interview, it was sort of hard to ask questions. Also, we didn't really have enough questions to ask. However, I think we did a good job since our interview lasted for more than 20 minutes. This is my advice: prepare a long list of question and be considerate, it's their personal life after all.

A living wage!

Submitted by Thuc Nghi on Mon, 2015-04-13 02:53

Me and my partner decided to interview one of my teacher for our assignment in Eco class. She is our Spanish teacher and just started teaching about 2 years ago. We know that she used to work and lived by herself in college so we thought she would be a good candidate. Also, she is talkative and would give us a lot of information. And this is our list of what we would ask her:
1. How has earning the minimum wage affected your lifestyle?
2. Was the wage you were receiving enough to maintain yourself?
3. Did you have to give up anything in order for you to stay within your budget?

Interview Experience

Submitted by nlucaspablo on Thu, 2015-04-02 20:02

For our project in my Economics class my partner and I interviewed two people that are earning the minimum wage in Oakland CA. Our interviewed was pretty good because we got a lot of information from those people and that is really going to help us for our final project.

Life Living Under Minimum Wage

Submitted by sayra bautista on Wed, 2015-04-01 11:29

The project we are doing in Ms.

Money - a piece of paper - controls our lives!

Submitted by Thuc Nghi on Wed, 2015-03-25 12:30

I'm doing a project in my eco class about minimum wage and how it affects people's lives. The purpose of this project is for us to understand the realities and challenges of people who live on minimum wage: their life and/or their supporting to their family. Our job is, together with a partner, to interview someone that currently or used to live on minimum wage and learn about the effects of living on minimum wage. I think that after this project, I'll appreciate more the money I've made.

Arrrgh They Out There

Submitted by Rachelstruhs on Fri, 2015-03-20 12:20

The most interesting thing I read about pirates is that there are still many around today. I think the most shocking thing is that they attack cruise ships. I also think that it is very extreme that the pirates actually fire at ships because it’s stuff that you only read about in stories or see in movies.

Right to Water

Submitted by jwinston on Fri, 2015-01-30 18:05

The Right to Water

Today in this world, people don’t have a good access to a clean source of water. Either they don't have enough money to pay the water or buy bottles of it, or like I stated before they don't have a source. So my question is; should water be commodity or a right.

Education is the greatest benefit!

Submitted by rhoang on Fri, 2015-01-30 03:03

Is college worth the price? Many students that graduate from high school would usually go to college and spend a lot of money on their classes and books; the cost of those things are around hundreds of dollars and can quickly empty your wallet with no money left to spend on other needs. I say that college is worth the price if you can make the most out of it by learning new things that couldn’t be taught during high school.

Money is wicked

Submitted by kluong on Thu, 2015-01-29 14:12

Would your family’s income affect your education? Yes, it does because some schools cost money and some families are too poor to afford school supplies or stuff for kids.
Parents often have problems with supporting their kids due to minimum wages, bills, food, and etc. Even schools can get affected by this, like how students can be late due to no transportation, no money for field trips/ prom, and low on school supplies.

Pay Now or Suffer Later; College is Always Worth The Cost

Submitted by adunbar on Thu, 2015-01-29 14:06

I am a highschool student who plans on going to college in about 3 years and knows I might be in a lot of debt by the time I graduate and start my career. Although I might be in debt I believe college is worth the cost because it can pay off in the long run.