Yann Martel

Life of Pi: The Novel

Submitted by 16islamr on Fri, 2014-04-11 15:47

Life of Pi tells the captivating tale of an ordinary teenage boy turned survivor, as he encounters a life-changing experience lost in the Pacific Ocean. After living in a small town in India, a young man nicknamed “Pi” leaves with his family, and his family-owned zoo, on a voyage to Canada. Disaster occurs when a great storm causes a shipwreck in the middle of the ocean. The resulting catastrophe leaves Pi stranded on a lifeboat with a Bengal tiger, hyena, orangutan, rat, and zebra. What ensues is an epic and unbelievable account of survival. and an ultimate testing in the power of faith.

A compelling adventure of survival and religion

Submitted by emmaburick on Mon, 2009-12-14 14:06

You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.

One of the New York Times's best seller, Life of Pi by Yann Martel is one of the most captivating novels concerning what it takes in order to survive rather fatal situations. When Pi finds himself stranded with some of his family's most dangerous zoo animals he has to take action (many of which contradict what he has always lived by) in order to survive. With excellent reviews, some that have came from our very own president, Life of Pi is a must read novel.