store

Insane and Ridiculous: Trayvon Martin's Killing

Submitted by dariannym on Mon, 2012-04-02 12:57

I admire Anthony Turner’s essay, “Trayvon Martin, Unarmed and Innocent,” from http://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/26/on-trayvon-martin-a-guest-p... because he's not a heartless person and actually takes his time to talk about Trayvon. There's no reason somebody's life should be taken away because of how they dress or what other people decide about their personality.

ORIGINAL Photo Discussion

Submitted by CocoF on Fri, 2009-12-18 18:13

I am exploring fashion/clothes. I am interested in this because I really like fashion and putting together outfits and I'm always interested in seeing how other people wear clothes, and if I really love the fashion photographs in magazines like Vogue that I read a lot.

In this photograph, I see the display window of the clothing store Rugby. You can see the mannequins creatively dressed in clothes from the store, as well as big red letters in the background that read 'Make Your Own'. My interpretation of this photograph is that the people who designed the store window were trying to create an old school vibe, as if the mannequins were dressing up for high school 50 years ago.