ayiti

Ayiti: The Cost of Life, and, how to win it

Submitted by 20karimr on Fri, 2015-05-08 21:52

In the game Ayiti: The Cost of Life, you must help a family suffering from poverty survive in Haiti, and you have five family members, and you can send them to school, work, farm, or the hospital when they get sick. On my first tow tries I sent the father to work at the Rum Distiller, and he died both times, lowering the family income. This affected me greatly because without him working and all the other ones did not have very high pay jobs, when they finally got sick I didn't have much to pay the Hospital to save them and they all died from something like Cholera (Bloody Diarrhea).

Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Submitted by 20iazzagm on Thu, 2015-05-07 23:18

The game Ayiti: The Cost of Life is a computer game where a family of five lives throughout four years. It is the player's job to take care of the family by putting them to work, buying them their needs, and getting them an education so that they can live throughout all four years. Obstacles the characters may go through are losing money, getting sick, and all of the characters dying off. I'll tell you how I did.

I played the game a total of four times.

Strategies for Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Submitted by 20madrigald on Wed, 2015-05-06 06:01
Ayiti: The Cost of Life

I found this game mildly interesting. My first time playing, on purpose, I experimented with the game and tried to test what each character could do. All the characters died by the Hurricane Season.
My second time playing, I wanted to get them to work, so I sent the parents to work and the children to work at the farm. I lost so much money so quickly, they all died before the end of the second year.

Ayiti: The cost of life

Submitted by 20smitho on Tue, 2015-05-05 22:28
The results of my last game.

The results of my last game.

I played the game Ayiti: the cost of life four times, and each time I have learned something about life in a poor community.

Ayiti - Strategies and Outcomes

Submitted by 20LeeJ on Tue, 2015-05-05 21:59

The first time I played Ayiti, my family died within 2 years. I had chose the money option. Just earn money no matter what. I went into crippling debt for my family became so ill and depressed that they couldn't work, and had to stay home. With the huge debt I couldn't afford school, and therefore my family was forced to work on the family farm every season. They eventually died of diseases and such.

Ayiti: The Cost Of Life Game

Submitted by 20mannans on Tue, 2015-05-05 21:37

Ayiti: The cost of life is a game where the point of the game is to test your skills on how to survive with very little. You are playing as 5 family members that are very poor and have very little. Your mission is to survive four years without all of your family members all dead, it sounds quite simple but its much more complicated. You must choose a strategy (health,education,money,happiness) that will help you thrive through out the game. Its very hard to mantain a balance of all 4 stratagies in order to win even though your supposed to focus on 1 main strategy.

Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Submitted by 20huangc on Tue, 2015-05-05 21:30
Ayiti: The Cost of Life

When playing the game Ayiti: The Cost of Survival, you have a family of five. The family is uneducated and very poor. You get to decide who goes to work, to school, to the hospital, or to rest. You are suppose to try to keep your family alive. The game is over when every person in your family dies.

Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Submitted by 20yeec on Tue, 2015-05-05 21:07

The first strategy I tried was YOLO-ing. In other words, not really having a strategy. The first time I played, I didn't really know anything and before I knew it, I was down to two family members, and was heavy in debt. I left them at home as they fell more and more into debt. I almost made it through the entire rest of the game, but they died in the hurricane season, the second-to-last season, of the last year.

Ayiti game

Submitted by 20islama on Tue, 2015-05-05 21:01

The game was very difficult and was hard to choose what was right to do. At first I thought happiness was the most important but it ended up that the loss of money made them sad. So then I picked money but then I saw how they were working to hard and losing health to get all the money. Then I tried health since without it I would lose but that didn't turn out good either since other things made them lose help very easily. Overall, the game was challenging and confusing at the same time however it had kept me engaged.

Ayiti game

Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Submitted by 20wuc on Tue, 2015-05-05 19:42
Ayiti: The Game of Life Ayti: The Cost of Life (Game 1) Ayiti: The Cost of Life (Game 2) Ayiti: The Cost of Life (Game 3)

I have played the game "Ayiti: The Cost of Life" countless times so far, and it is one of strategy and thoughtful thinking. There are many decisions to make and you always have to think them carefully over before you choose your response. These are three games of my results.

"Ayiti:The Cost of Life" Experience

Submitted by 20kumarig on Tue, 2015-05-05 19:36
Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Ayiti:The Cost of Life is a really good (simulation?) game which I played three times. It is about a Haitian family who is trying to survive four years. Each year is divided into four seasons. You have to give roles to the family members (mom, dad, older sister, older brother, younger brother)and watch their health, money, happiness, etc. You are given a chance to change the roles at the end of each season and at the end of each year, you get a summary of how well your family is doing so far.

Strategies to Succeed in the Game: "Ayiti: The Cost of Life"

Submitted by 20wegrowskio on Tue, 2015-05-05 19:30

For those of you who do not know what the game “Ayiti: The Cost of Life” is you can find it at this website: https://ayiti.globalkids.org

Well if you still haven’t been through the trouble of playing the game, I did it for you. We had to play the game 3 times and try to find a successful strategy. And here are my fails--as well as successful strategy in this game.

Ayiti Game Strategies

Submitted by 20obradovics on Tue, 2015-05-05 18:10

I did 3 trials so I could beat Ayiti. The first two trials were not very successful because I did not know how to play the game. For the first two trials I just kept pressing start season without arranging the family so I ended up in debt and then dead. On the third trial however, I realized what I was supposed to do. My strategy was to work everyone so I could collect money. When the members of the family got to health level 2, I sent them to the hospital. There is really no point in getting an education. you can survive perfectly without one.

"Ayiti: The Cost of Life" Game Experience

Submitted by 20GuanC on Tue, 2015-05-05 17:58

Playing this game was an interesting experience because you have to know how to manage budgeting and health in order to succeed in the game. I only had to play this game once because I knew how to keep the family alive, while having enough money to survive. I chose to focus on making money because I knew that a family can make it past without happiness and education, but money is essential for good health. Throughout the game, I made the family work hard so that they could make the most money possible. I prioritized giving them jobs that would give them the most education.

Ayiti Experience

Submitted by 20wongf on Tue, 2015-05-05 17:07

Ayiti is a game about life. When playing the game, it was really difficult and when trying to make sure that my family is safe, I was in deep trouble. I gave my family jobs and they started to lose health causing them to eventually die off. They were able to gain a little money and they worked real hard for a ear. The work they have done to support the family was difficult and as every season went by the family lost major health. The way the family was losing health caused them to become sick and unable to support themselves.

Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Submitted by 20tranh on Mon, 2015-05-04 22:54

"Ayiti: The Cost of Life" is an online game where the player has the ability to control the actions of a family in Haiti, whether they go to school, work, get medicine at the clinic, or stay home. There are four ways of playing, for:
- Health
- Education
- Happiness
- Money

Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Submitted by 20moonl on Mon, 2015-05-04 22:15

I was playing the game Ayiti: The Cost of Life and I realized how to live without my entire family dying. I had to play this game 5 times till I got to the end of the 4th year with over 700 Goud left to spend. All of the five family members were alive and healthy with an "okay" 4 years of living. I had a lot of difficulties at first because I was always going into debt and many of the family members were dying. Then I was playing around with the money strategy and I finally got through the game with no one dying. There was a lot of trial and error, but I overcame it with hard work and time.

Haiti Ayiti Game

Submitted by 20kennya on Mon, 2015-05-04 21:57

When playing this game I had a few strategies. One of them was to make sure the members of my family were was healthy. Also, I disregarded happiness because it was not very significant when playing this game. Additionally, all the members of my family got jobs if they were healthy. If they were sick but did not have a specific disease, and a health lower than 3 they worked on the family farm or rested. If they were very sick I cured them at the hospital's and clinics. As well as this, I tried to get some education for all the members of the family.

Haiti Ayiti Game

My Experience With Ayiti

Submitted by 20wanga on Mon, 2015-05-04 21:33

Today, I played the game Ayiti for the first time. I have heard of it through word of mouth before, however I never really looked at it in depth. At first, I overlooked the challenges in the game, and I thought that Ayiti would be another one of those games where you can easily mess around with the programming and win easily. However, clearly I was wrong. Ayiti required you to have a strategy all throughout the game, so that you can last the four harsh years, keeping the family in their best possible condition.

Ayiti: The Cost Of Life

Submitted by 20batrar on Mon, 2015-05-04 21:02

In tech class, we are learnning about how we can actually benifit and learn fron video games. This is one game called Ayiti, which teaches you about the cost of life. It's very hard to keep the family health, happy, and educated with a lack of money.

My first experience with Ayiti

Submitted by 20sahrd on Mon, 2015-05-04 20:13

Today, I tried Ayiti for the first time. The game frustrated me a lot at first, because it was very hard to make money. On my fourth go, I discovered a trick! If you volunteer a lot, purchase the Bicycle, Shoes, Bed, and Book and Supplies, the game will be a little bit easier. It is also important to send people to the hospital, and Volunteering a lot will lower the prices. All in all the game was fun, and really opened up my eyes to some of the issues in Haiti.

My experiences playing Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Submitted by 20limm on Mon, 2015-05-04 19:33

I felt that I did fairly well beating the game Ayiti: The Cost of Life. It is about a trying to keep a Haitian family alive and happy. It was not easy figuring out the strategies. However, I did come up with a few successful and unsuccessful strategies. On my first time playing the game, I was unfamiliar and tried to keep them all happy. This didn’t work because I ran out of money and couldn’t afford health care. The second time, I tried to get much money as possible. this strategy didn’t work because everyone died from diseases. The third time, I tried to balance everything.

Ayiti Survival Game and How I Did.

Submitted by 20khana on Mon, 2015-05-04 19:21
Ayitt Game

In Ayiti, I found a number of many things. Firstly, I found that you cannot solely focus on one strategy. It has to be a mix of them. For example, on my first try I chose money, and I sent everyone to work. However, this didn’t work out, as they all died of sickness. Another thing I noticed was that education was not the most important. Jobs were the only thing that needed education, and you could still get a decent job without education. I think that the most effective single strategy that could be used was money.

Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Submitted by 20tranj on Mon, 2015-05-04 18:35

Wow.
"Ayiti: The Cost of Life" is a video game where one must control a family of five who have no education whatsoever, a tiny house, and little money. The player must figure out how to keep the family alive at the least.

Ayiti: The Cost Of Life HACKED

Submitted by 20angevinej on Mon, 2015-05-04 17:11
Failing the game

Ok so to be honest, this game sort of freaked me out a bit. When I first kept on playing, I remembered playing it in the 6th grade, and discovering how difficult maintaining a family in 'Ayiti' really is.
All of my characters continued to either die, get extremely ill (bloody, intestine swelling, etc.)
After trying the game 3 times, I finally managed to let my family succeed and improve their education, health, and a LITTLE BIT of happiness. Want to know my secret of cracking the code? *suspenseful music in background* Alright, I'll tell you:

Ayiti: The Cost of Life Strategies

Submitted by 20panj on Fri, 2015-05-01 19:23

The game "Ayiti: The Cost of Life" taught me a lot about strategy and life skills such as handling money. In the game, we had to know how to control our budgets and how to earn money. Overall, this game was pretty difficult, especially as I first started playing. I wasn't able to keep the whole family alive until the fourth try.