Shutter

Uses of Shutter Speed

Submitted by SaschaZ on Thu, 2010-11-18 13:58

When we took a look into our cameras I realized I had accomplished using most of my different applications, one option that I had not used was the shutter speed. It was really interesting to use it because I had never really understood what it was about. Using different shutter speeds would cause the pictures to be more blurry because it had a longer exposure for the image. I learned that it is very useful if you want to take pictures of a waterfall because it gives the water the effect that it is flowing like it is in real life. It is very hard though to take a picture that isn't blurry with a long exposure because it will pick up every camera shake of your hands. The easiest is to use it with a tripod when you are taking pictures of water. It was a interesting use and I was happy that I tried it out.

Shutter Island

Submitted by jdonohoe on Tue, 2010-03-02 11:03

Last weekend, I went with a few of my friends to see the newest film from famed director Martin Scorsese, "Shutter Island." The movie features Leonardo DiCaprio as a renegade U.S. Marshall hellbent on exposing the inner workings of a creepy mental hospital/prison/island in the style of Alcatraz. According to the movie's own website, the movie is

"Intense, gripping, dark and unforgettable" and is "in a class all by itself. A rousing, gothic-horror style mystery that will have you on edge until the very end"