people

How Should We Look at History in Today's World

Submitted by The Movie Destroyer on Tue, 2016-11-01 09:46
Just a plain white page because there isn't a good pic for this

About a month ago my YouTube was fulfilled with this ad of some sort of film called Baker Street. I'm not sure with the name though but the first line was this woman shouting: "The holocaust is real, it's a fact."
I was very annoyed by it.
There is a reason for it and I know, therefore you should better know that some strong language is going to be used. No swear word, I promise.

>>>This article might trigger some people. Please think over your decision before you read.>>>

Father Frost Animation

Submitted by 21alamm on Mon, 2016-05-23 10:57

#PrayforParis

Submitted by cniegos on Tue, 2015-12-15 17:05

The night of Friday 13 of November is tragic to remember for many of us. Many people died because of the terrorist attacks by the gunmen and suicide bombers hit a concert hall, a major stadium, restaurants and bars. Shootings and bomb blasts left 130 people dead and hundreds wounded, with more than 100 in a critical condition. The Islamic State (ISIS) militant group was behind all of the multiple terrorist attacks that happened in Paris. Others are fortunate who get away with the attacked but for those people who got caught in the event lost their loved ones unexpectedly.

Emotion, what makes us us?

Submitted by dallthor on Fri, 2015-12-04 09:36

Emotion. What is it? On all levels of existence, chemical and physical. Something that only exists in your head, yet it leads you in your daily life. How would we work without them? Would we even function? I want to know how emotions work and how they drive us through the day.

American Dream

Submitted by cniegos on Sat, 2015-10-31 04:00

American Dream is the ideal that every US citizen should have an equal rights and opportunity to achieve success and prosperity through hard work, determination, and initiative. This whole term that was used is totally a lie. Many US citizen disagree with this terminology because not everybody have equal opportunity and rights when it comes to career and basically life. American Dream wasn’t meant for everyone.

New Discovery, New Me.

Submitted by kreyes on Mon, 2015-06-01 19:25

It has been five years now that I’ve been living with the biblical verse,”Jesus replied,’I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me’”(John 14:6). This scripture has empowered my life in such a way that it has strengthen my faith but has unfortunately weaken my liberal thought towards other beliefs, practices, and lifestyles that surround me.

The Impact of Culture

Submitted by megannk on Sun, 2015-05-17 23:07
Culture

Culture is a beautiful thing. It makes each and every one of us unique, and defines who we are. It’s a way to express ourselves in a different light and gives us a connection to others with similar backgrounds. Many people have access to and practice more than one culture, especially here in America, where it’s so diverse. The amount of ethnicities, religions, and ways of life that are available to us are endless. This contributes to how we, as Americans, act as a whole. With all the cultural options, it highly impacts and affects our everyday life.

A Khmer Witch Whisper

Submitted by jpho on Mon, 2015-03-23 21:40

In Cambodia, through the scenario living off in a rural village area, a 36 year old named Pov Sovann is accused of killing people of black magic. There were around 200 people approaching him outside his house with wooden sticks and stones yelling at him. They all believed that he intentionally brought death upon six families in the village over the past two years with no prior history of diseases. Furthermore, Sovann was being accused of being a witch because of the women in the corpse that had centipedes roaming around her body is a sign of a curse.

Just One Wish

Submitted by 20tranj on Wed, 2015-03-18 21:09

Just One Wish is a short animation about a girl who wishes to be given privacy, and all her friends disappear. A creature appears to grant any other wishes, but the girl soon realizes how lonely she is without her friends. She wishes for her friends back, flaws and all.

ACT I

[Three people are standing in a field]

CELIA

Why did you have to tell my parents I wasn’t doing my homework? It’s none of your business!

BROOKE

We’re just trying to help, Celia! We’re a little worried about you!

NOLAN

Trust No One

Submitted by annguyen on Fri, 2015-01-30 12:58
Faking Identity

I live in a world where we all depend on social media aka the internet. The internet is a very strong place to be on. Some people use the internet to make their lives a lot easier and grow. Although a lot of people have fun on the internet, I think that it is still a bad place to be on.

A lot of kids and teens have been bullied over the internet too many times and then they commit suicide. Thats what makes the internet very dangerous. People can fake their identity, cyberbully, and hack on the internet.

Reflective blog post

Submitted by nlucaspablo on Wed, 2015-01-07 16:10

I watch a film called “Every mother’s son” and It made me sad to see how unfair the police is with people of color and it is so sad that nothing could be done to the police that ended with these men’s lives. It broke my heart seeing the mothers crying for justice but no one would care and the government just ignores what these mothers are asking for.

Katarina

Submitted by Eyshita on Tue, 2014-12-09 15:43

Katarina, the protagonist in Katarina, has a few traits that influence her relationships with others.
One, she is hopeless . Two, she is innocent. Three, she is worried.

What Should Be Done About Fracking

Submitted by MarisaM. on Fri, 2014-10-31 12:54

Should fracking be banned or more highly restricted?

In the past fracking has done significant damage to the environment and, not to mention working on fracking rigs is a highly dangerous job. Fracking does however increase jobs and it allows Americans to purchase oil for cheaper because it is produced in the United States. Considering that fracking is dangerous to people’s health and the environment I think fracking should be banned. However there is always more than one perspectives to look at in situations where a massive job producing industry has such negative repercussions.

Doing Well in New York

Submitted by shuqi.ou on Wed, 2014-10-15 14:23

My name is Shu qi. I am 15 years old. My native country is China and native language is Chinese. My mother’s name is chunxing zhao. She is 36 years old. She has long black hair and she likes cook and listen to music. My father ‘s name is xifu chen. He has black short hair. My father likes to play game with me. But my plays games very well he often beats me. I also have a brother. He is 2 years old and very cute and naughty. He likes to play with cars and balls. I like my brother. Because he is adorable. My country is China, China is like a warm embrace.

Will Poverty Ever End?

Submitted by 18rahmani on Mon, 2014-10-06 05:56
Massoud Hossaini

Poverty is something that every single country in the world has to deal with and it is very common. In the world almost 3 billion people are living in poverty. Including them half of these people are kids/young children. Poverty is something that is very scary and very depressing because you never know if you will have food to put in your mouth. Even though many people do not understand poverty because they have never dealt with it, people should be grateful of what they have and not what they want.

You always have multiple options

Submitted by kthomas on Fri, 2014-07-18 11:43

Here today,
Gone tomorrow.
Play all night,
Sleep all day.
Carry away
Talk and walk.
Eat and dance.
Sing and palance.
Greet and meet.
Take a seat.
Lucky treat.
Love or hate
Argue or debate.
Say what’s to be said.
Do what’s to be done.
Be proud!
Say it loud.
Lie and cry.
Kiss the diss.
Sooner or later miss.
Pass the test or fail.
Play the game,
Or be played.
Sing to the birds,
Or be a bird.
Act like a fish,
Or be a b***h.
Stay poor, or become rich.
Don’t snitch,
Or you’ll get stitch.
Cry about a breakup,
Or find a way to make up.

Human Nature

Submitted by sauljcervantes on Thu, 2014-07-10 12:41
External video: 
See video

Sun: People are caring in the world. Human nature is nice.
Moon: It can also be filled with evil. Tainted by human nature itself.
Sun: Human nature will fight the evil in the air and in people.
Moon: But once the day is done I will be there to see the truth in people
Sun: I know the truth I help with people beliefs and how they feel.
Moon: Greed is natural and I see the truth. Peoples dreams are filled with want of power and wealth.
Sun: But it is corrupt and is what is not right.
Moon: Corruption will always exist as long as human nature does.

How do we know who we can trust?

Submitted by 18cheng on Mon, 2014-06-02 11:30

"Trust—the act of placing confidence in someone or something else—is a fundamental human experience, necessary for society to function and for any person to be relatively happy. Without it, fear rules. Trust is not an either/or proposition, but a matter of degree, and certain life experiences can impact a person's ability to trust others" (Trust Issues). The reality of the world is that we never know who we can trust. People change constantly and don’t always make the right decisions. People also don’t always have the best intentions.

Neighborhood

Submitted by djoseph on Wed, 2014-05-21 09:48

I have lived in my neighborhood for two years, and it has a lot of parties. I like it there because I have a lot of friends over there and some people from my country live where I live. I like the store. I was working there last night, and he said that I can come back anytime and I make a hundred every day, and I work from 2:40 to 10:00.

Unity is Key

Submitted by kamjid17 on Fri, 2014-05-09 08:34

Amjid Khogali-Watson
Unity is Key

The Fox Inheritance

Submitted by akbalydi on Tue, 2014-04-29 12:15

The Fox Inheritence
Mary Pearson

Imagine waking up 260 years from now. Everything has changed, the entire world is different. You were part of an experiment after getting into a car crash. An experiment to prolong life, an illegal experiment. All you have the same, is one of your friends that went through it with you. But she has changed. You both h are illegal and on the run from the crazy scientist that brought you back to life and wants to keep you. Where do you go? What do you do? Who can you trust?

The effect of music on culture

Submitted by plascenciav17 on Tue, 2014-04-22 13:51

Music has a big effect on culture. It tells someone what their personality is and what they like to do in their free time. It also tells the popularity status is of a person. IF they are listening to popular music or not.

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective TEENS response

Submitted by 18cheng on Thu, 2014-04-10 19:17

People change over time, especially with age since people experience more altering their point of view on certain subjects. With all the changes, sometimes it take more time to get use to them. In The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey, Covey talks about the way people act and how they can improve. Generally people don’t completely listen or stay in their comfort zone. Another common issue is that people are often unable to meet a deadline. In the book, Covey goes through why these things happen.

Oakland

Submitted by adarby on Thu, 2014-04-03 12:49

Those who don’t know any better think that people from Oakland aren’t going to be successful and aren’t going anywhere in life. They might think this because they only hear about the negative things, places, and people in Oakland, not anything positive even though there are many positives about Oakland.

Different Way Of Thinking

Submitted by aalhaj on Thu, 2014-04-03 11:42

Those Who Don’t Know Me

How do you best express yourself?

Submitted by lrothbard on Mon, 2014-03-31 15:04

I can't sing or draw. I don't write poetry or song lyrics. I can't compose music. I'm not crafty or good with my hands. There are so many skills and opportunities that others have for personal expression that I don't have. However, I have my own methods. When I really need to get something off my chest, especially if it involves feeling angry or frustrated with another person, I'll write them a letter (actually, an email nowadays), but I won't send it.

The Problem with Rude People on the Beach

Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 2014-03-26 11:22

Script
A man is on the beach with his girlfriend
[Enter man and woman stage left]
Man: Hey babe, wanna go to the ocean?

Woman: Yea, lets go!

Man: We will have SO much fun over there!

Woman: I know right! Lets head over there now!

[Moves onto boardwalk and a fat man walks by.]

Woman: Look! A FRIEND!

Man: Yes! Lets go and say hi! Hi Mr. Person-We-Don’t-Know!

Old Man: What do you want with me?

Why do people love chocolate so much

Submitted by ltaluy on Tue, 2014-03-25 13:02

Why do people love chocolate so much?

Nature

Submitted by Anonymous on Tue, 2014-01-21 17:39
beautiful

Nature is beautiful!
There are peaceful trees and friendly animals
The wind is blowing and the leaves are flying with the wind
People plant peaceful oak trees while watching them grow each day

Flowers are blossoming and they are a lovely beautiful pink
People smell sweet smelling roses

Flowers are blossoming and they are very colorful to look at
Picturing the beauty of nature is quite fascinating
The wind is blowing and the leaves are breezing with the wind