Storytelling

Ethnographic Monologues II

Submitted by cisaacman on Fri, 2014-10-10 21:14
External video: 
See video

This is the second is Isaiah reading Scgrollin's monologue. There is a little background noise and we filmed quickly, but you can hear the story and also get a sample of what its like to work on a monologue in rehearsal.

Ethnographic Monolgues

Submitted by nburton on Fri, 2014-10-10 21:07
External video: 
See video

Ethnography is an art form where a group creates art from real people and situations for art and for social change. As a class we all created a monologue by recording a monologue on the theme of home or a story related to home.

Here, I'm reading Ishmael's story.

Next week we will start brainstorming inquiry questions on social issues that we would like to ask fellow classmates that have to do with our school community, we will record the responses in an audio recording, transcribe them and then reading and video record them.

The Ramayana

Submitted by Eva on Sun, 2013-06-02 21:42

The Ramayana is one of the most told stories in India.

The story begins with the king , Dasaratha as he realizes he is getting old: “Suddenly one day he noticed the whitening hair and the wrinkles under his eyes-noticed the slight tremor of his hands, the fatigue of his legs while engaged in a game, and realizes that age had come on.” (page 33)

Dasaratha, had three wives, and four sons. Since Dasaratha realized he won’t live forever, he chose his son Rama, to be the next king of Ayodhya.

Mini-Saga

Submitted by ErinHC on Thu, 2010-09-16 22:57

She ran to the water. It was like the sea was calling to her, "Amanda, Amanda...". There was no explaining why she heard the sea, but the more she ignored her name, the louder it got.  Succumbing to the voice, she ran. Only when she got there, it was too late.

In the book A Whole New Mind by Daniel H. Pink, he explores the idea of "why right-brainers will rule the future." In this book, he addresses three questions:

Bio

Submitted by ANTMenzdorf on Wed, 2010-09-08 16:19
First Name:  Alexandra

In all seriousness my favorite book is Alexander Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo. I love the adventure and betrayal in the story.