John Lennon

Balancing Dreams

Submitted by Hannah Brodke on Sun, 2011-11-20 22:12
External video: 
See video

John Lennon had a dream, “Imagine all the people, living life in peace”. This dream, while not wholly realistic, is shared by many people in the world today. People are generally unsatisfied with their present condition and want to work toward a better future. Whether is be war, a bad economy, or general unhappiness, there is always something to be fixed.

"Imagine" -John Lennon

Submitted by Caitlin Edmunds on Sat, 2010-12-11 00:51

The song “Imagine” by John Lennon uses a few poetic devices. There is a lot of repetition of the word imagine because the song is constantly telling us to imagine different situations; which also, is a form of imagery. He asks us to imagine certain situations such as a world without religion, without possesions, without hell, etc.

Imagine by John Lennon

Submitted by beaui on Fri, 2010-12-10 14:12

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people

Go Doodle Yourself

Submitted by Skylar_Nicole_Zito on Fri, 2010-09-17 14:09

We've probably all seen John Lennon's doodles of himself and the people in his life. And I'm sure a fair amount of us have said to ourselves "That's not talent. I could do that." Well here's your chance. Sit down and try it. Go ahead, I can wait. ...You done? Okay so maybe you didn't do it but if you were to try it I'm sure you would find it to ba a lot harder than it sounds. What's even harder, do it in 5 lines or less.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_N4RNkM-EcrI/SKYidInC2PI/AAAAAAAAAi4/MCSu16TssTQ/s400/LennonCatalogPortraitFake.jpg