Barack Obama

Bio

Submitted by 16beadlen on Thu, 2011-05-05 07:57

My name is Noah, and I am a 7th grader at BSGE, in Astoria, NYC.  My grade and I have been on YouthVoices recently, because of our tech class.  I have lived in NYC for twelve Years, and I am now 13 years old.  My greatest interest lately is in politics.  I go to protests all the time, to make my voice heard.  YouthVoices is a similar place, to make your voice heard.  Although I do appreciate this site, and how it lets young people express themselves,  I wish that my teacher did not have the power to edit, or delete my posts.

Bio

Submitted by JackMIT on Wed, 2009-10-14 22:22

Paul Allison was really nice and gave us a chance to do a podcast and blabber about ourselves earlier in the year.

This community is pretty amazing because it's a place you can be opinionated and express yourself, which I know doesn't always get to happen.  Hope you guys take advantage of this resource!

The Smear Machine

Submitted by megan_b on Tue, 2009-03-10 22:31

Recently, President Obama publicly accused conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh of being

The Tall, Black Man

Submitted by bgizzle on Mon, 2009-03-02 23:01

We have just experienced one of the greatest moments of our nation's history with the election of Barack Obama. While Obama received immense support from U.S.

Is it really racist?

Submitted by sbenckm515 on Fri, 2009-02-20 12:52

With the recent election of our first black President, Barack Obama, the "you're racist' card has come in to play.

Change America Needs

Submitted by 14zamana on Tue, 2009-01-27 12:28

"...greatness is never given. It must be earned. Our Journey has never been one of shortcuts or setting for less. It has not been the path for the fainthearted." -President Barack Obama.

Obama's First Week

Submitted by daneb on Mon, 2009-01-26 22:10

A week after the Barack Obama's historic inauguration as the first black president of the United States, he has already brought significant change to the white house.  Clad in short sleeves and jeans, he has roamed the white house, painted the boys' dormitory of a homeless shelter, and met with reporters and members of the state department.  His approval ratings for his first th

Proud to be an American

Submitted by kmcminimee on Fri, 2009-01-23 13:01

This past Tuesday, January 20th, was a big day for people all over the world. The inauguration of Barack Obama as the 44th president of the United States has been highly anticipated. What was most startling to me what the reactions from around the world. Obama seems to represent a glimmer of hope for the United States in places all over the globe.

BARACK OBAMA: Changing The World √ YES WE CAN!

Submitted by 14wittingo on Fri, 2009-01-23 12:28

"Our journey has never been one of shortcuts or settling for less.

A Reflection about the Future from Barack Obama's Hope Speech

Submitted by 14mehtan on Fri, 2009-01-23 12:25

"That we are in the midst of crisis is now well understood. Our nation is at war, against a far-reaching network of violence and hatred. Our economy is badly weakened, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some, but also our collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for a new age. Homes have been lost; jobs shed; businesses shuttered.

I'll keep the promises I made

Submitted by ssingh on Tue, 2009-01-20 10:17

In his Inauguration speech today, I hope Barack Obama will say: "I'll keep the promises I made!"

Barack Obama should say these words because people trust him and accept him to bring a change to the world and stop the war in Iraq. I have read many comments about the election and many people depend on him to make this world a peaceful world to live in.

Barack Obama's speech

Submitted by schen on Tue, 2009-01-20 10:14

In his Inauguration speech, I hope Barack Obama says, "I will stop the Iraq War."

I say this, because I think that U.S should buy the oil instead of taking it by force.

I hope in his speech there should be low taxes, because some people do not have much money.

I hope in his speech people work less time and get more pay.

What is Really Going on at a Presidential Inauguration?

Submitted by Rachel on Fri, 2009-01-16 00:27

We are all sitting on the edge of our seats in anticipation for the upcoming inauguration of none other than Mr. Obama himself. Sadly, other than one man leaving office and another becoming the leader of our nation, I know nothing about what goes on during an actual inauguration.

A Dream Come True

Submitted by bgizzle on Fri, 2008-12-19 01:21

On November 4th, I, along with the rest of the nation, witnessed what might be one of the most historical events in American history. As President Elect Barack Obama walked out on stage to give his acceptance speech, hundreds of years of discrimination seemed to lift off the shoulders of all African Americans in the U.S. and Dr. King's dream began to manifest itself as reality.

Time's Person of the Year, Barack Obama

Submitted by miny on Wed, 2008-12-17 13:22

Recently, Barack Obama's election for a new president of the USA surprised the whole world. He, Barack Obama, again became an issue because Time named Barack Obama as the person of the year.

According to freep.com,

Barack Obama Won!

Submitted by meganw on Wed, 2008-12-17 13:03

Americans everywhere are extatic to be guided by our new American president, Barack Obama. He was even named "Person of the Year" by Time Magazine.

What does America need to do in this coming year?

Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 2008-12-17 12:56

With the Holiday's coming and the Christmastime spirit the election of future President Barack Obama may have faded to the back of some Americsan's minds. However with the inauguration coming up in a little over a month we would do well not to forget.

Obamafy Yourself

Submitted by AlliBerry on Mon, 2008-12-15 14:36

A few people have been asking me how one can go about creating an Obama look-alike poster in photoshop. Instead of going through the tedious artistic cutout process, you can do  someting much easier. Dubi Kaufmann has gone about constructing a widget on Mac Photobooth which allows you to do just that.

Barack Obama

Submitted by KHarris on Sat, 2008-12-13 18:30

Happy, Enthralled, Gratefuf, Scared, Excited

Threat

Submitted by LilyD on Thu, 2008-12-11 20:18

Federal agents have arrested a Hawaii man after he allegedly threatened to attack and kill President-elect Its Time for a Playoff System
Submitted by pat on Mon, 2008-12-01 13:05

The Bowl Championship Series (BCS) is rather close on making a deal with ESPN to televise the championship bowl games and other popular college football bowls. If this deal came true, a playoff system would be out of discussion for at least six years.

A Letter to Barack Obama

Submitted by bmong on Sun, 2008-11-30 19:16

Barack Obama:

Congratulation to become the elected US president. There should be lots of works to do being the new president. Thands for reading my letter. I want to suggest some solutions to our problems in US. Here are two problems.

Barack Obama Inauguration

Submitted by Anonymous on Sun, 2008-11-16 18:17
Everyone is talking about the history that was made Nov 4 2008. Yes, Barack Obama is our future president and he is an African American. He has an enormous fan base to back him up, but there is still hate. That hate hasn't changed the fact that his inauguration in January has been the talk of the town.

What makes a book a classic?

Submitted by csloan on Mon, 2008-11-10 21:56
To me, a "classic" is a story that continues to find relevance long after the work has been composed.  For instance, there are always a lot of references to George Orwell's 1984 around any election time, but this year there

feelings towards the new president

Submitted by YGarcia on Wed, 2008-11-05 10:13

Feelings Towards The Elections

Facebook: catalyst for change?

Submitted by katieharrington on Tue, 2008-11-04 07:23

Every day people tell me that Facebook is a waste of time. Maybe it's true. But in recent months it has also been an advocate in this very historical election. Barack Obama started the movement by reaching out to young voters viaMySpace and Facebook. It is the under-30 contingent that seems faulty when it comes to whether they will vote on election day, but Facebook has shown that the young people are into this election.

My thinking is not alone in this matter. A recent article on Reader'sDigest.com says the following:

This knack for pairing technology and activism is only one way the Millennials differ from their baby boomer and me generation parents. And with the disaffected Generation Xers now in their 30s, a new group is finding its political voice. Encompassing 47 million young adults between the ages of 18 and 29, the Millennials constitute the first generation to come of age in the 21st century. Ambitious, civic-minded, and socially engaged, they may well decide the next President of the United States.

How can we increase health care for more people?

Submitted by JHuang2 on Sun, 2008-11-02 12:42

In these days, Presidential candidates have to focus and rely on the youth votes. Youth are the future.

2008 Presidential Election

Submitted by andrews on Tue, 2008-10-28 14:41

You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.

In my speech I talk about who I think should be our next president.  I believe that Barack Obama should be our next president.  I think this because we need change and John McCain isn't going to change much.  Jonh McCain is going to be a lot like George Bush and I don't like George Bush.  So I think that Barack Obama is the clear choice for president.

What are people saying about the war in Iraq and the presidential candidates views?

Submitted by Anonymous on Tue, 2008-10-14 15:49

What are people thinking about the war in Iraq and how does that relate to the views of the presidential candidates? One poll that was taken in Long island California brought out shocking results.