speech

Language and what affects it

Submitted by dominiquebird on Thu, 2016-04-21 14:47

As I’ve been doing my research on language and speech development, I’ve been using the Gale database and have found some good information. I am starting to discover and identify the various physical organs that contribute to speech such as the pharynx, larynx, and lips. These organs and more all function together to form spoken word. There are quite a few speech organs we have in common with other animals, but due to the size and strength they vary in tone and capacity for speech. Definitely, I feel then that cognition plays a bigger role in humans.

6 Word Memoir Broadside

Submitted by nnguyen on Wed, 2014-10-01 14:19

Story of my life

Africa: The Origin of Language

Submitted by jaylynnmarie98 on Mon, 2014-03-03 12:50
Language

In Nicholas Wade’s essay, "Phonetic Clues Hint Language is African-Born," the author speaks about how phonemes within different languages prove that Africa is where language originated. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/science/15language.html?_r=0&pagewante... (Here's the Crocodoc version of this article that we can annotate together: http://personal.crocodoc.com/nUZ19d5)

Max Speech Oral Presentation Reflection

Submitted by sgalvan on Tue, 2014-02-25 13:07

After watching my Pre-Preformance for oral presentation in Max speech I noticed that I stopped most of the time which I feel like its not a great idea to start off on my presentation. However I did a good job making eye contact on audience and having memorize my lines. I would rank myself as developing because I feel like I need to improve my presentation skills when it comes to body posture, projecting my voice and lastly speaking clearly because I stumble my words a lot and I have a strong accents.

Annotation of Obamas Speech Towards the Trayvon Martin Case

Submitted by ferham on Wed, 2013-07-24 10:24

This is my annotation on the speech Obama gave about the Trayvon Martin case.

Can you Understand?

Submitted by Amorir on Thu, 2013-07-18 09:28

My words my not be deep
they may not inspire you
But these are my leap
The faith in my words transcend my speech
So if you talk of change
The topic does not have to include the majority
Just you, because you can feel like a minority
This pandemic of the minds
Caused by media’s attempt at control
Can no longer hold me nor you
You, the individual that created a tempest
Your storm fills the souls of many
Each raindrop fallen and thought forgotten
Erupts hundreds to appear
These raindrops pretend to be your tears
The ones who fall more than often
Stay as they are with no sense of change
These are people who adopt the meanings
Of friend and peer as to be close and dear
Making my definition all but clear
Can state their lives with absolute fear
Each one better than the last
Those that can’t raise their hands
Grasping the meaning of faith in their knives
knives can break , so amusing as riots break out in hives
They leave their residue, the remnants of a shard
They also left you
Better known of what remains of a try-hard
This is my conclusion
But just me stating an illusion
Making those known is my job in which we rob
The media and me may be very different
But our task are all but the same
With similar music dashing through our brains
No sense of time or grief, or blame
Many now know this feeling as shame
So do see, Is my perspective now transparent or are you more confused
Your answer won't affect me
I would find benefits in deciphering your views

United Nations Speech: Japan

Submitted by Faiza on Thu, 2013-04-04 18:29

United Nations Speech
Faiza Khan, Shahrin Sultana, and Daniela Martinez

Shahrin: Good Morning Ladies and Gentleman,
It is an honor to meet you all. I am Shinzo Abe and beside me are my assistants who are Yukio Hatoyama and Emperor Akihito.

UN Speech, Delegates from Israel

Submitted by IshikaM on Thu, 2013-04-04 18:00

(Vanessa & Ishika) Introduction:

South Korea United Nations Speech

Submitted by Maryam E. on Wed, 2013-04-03 19:51

We are very happy to be her representing South Korea. We would like to greet the General Assembly of the United Nations. It’s a pleasure to see all of you, eminent and distinguished delegates.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

U.N Speech

Submitted by Laila A on Wed, 2013-04-03 19:03

UN Speech

Eileen:

U.N Speech

UN Speech

Eileen:

You Know What I Mean?

Submitted by BECA13_KIANNA on Sun, 2012-01-01 21:12
File: 

Did you ever hear someone tell you "You know what I mean?" but you really didn't understand what they were saying. You say you did understand to shut them up. Or stuck in a situation, where you try explain something to somebody and they didn't get what you were saying. However, us as humans communication is misinterpreted or misunderstood all the time. There was this guy named, George Elliot who said something that can help us relate to each other in a situation like this. Elliot once said, "Speech is but a broken light upon the depth of the unspoken".

Youth Voices Logo

Submitted by evelyns on Fri, 2011-10-07 02:23
Logo actual dimensions

I designed this logo because I feel like it relates to basically youth voices and the website because this website is full of different kind of people who express themselves. It shows that everyone has a voice, and that whatever they have to say does matter and counts.

The Inauguration Speech Speaks to the Ordinary, Everyday People

Submitted by 14lushinge on Tue, 2009-01-27 11:51

"Homes have been lost; jobs shed; businesses shuttered. Our health care is too costly; our schools fail too many; and each day brings further evidence that the ways we use energy strengthen our adversaries and threaten our planet." (Obama, Inauguration speech)

Crisis now, better future later

Submitted by 14villegasl on Fri, 2009-01-23 12:48

"Our economy is badly weakend, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some, but also collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for new age. " -Obama, January 20 ,2009

How Obama's speech changed me...

Submitted by 14tauba on Fri, 2009-01-23 12:42

"For us, they toiled in sweatshops and settled the west; endured the lash of the whip and plowed the hard earth."

My Opinion on the Inauguration Speech

Submitted by 14garciam on Fri, 2009-01-23 12:33

In Barack Obama's speech during the inauguration was really great. It gave us an idea of what he wanted to do in the future and what people will expect.

A Reflection about the Future from Barack Obama's Hope Speech

Submitted by 14mehtan on Fri, 2009-01-23 12:25

"That we are in the midst of crisis is now well understood. Our nation is at war, against a far-reaching network of violence and hatred. Our economy is badly weakened, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some, but also our collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for a new age. Homes have been lost; jobs shed; businesses shuttered.

Obama Inauguration Reflection

Submitted by 14mijaka on Fri, 2009-01-23 12:25

"They will not be met easily or in a short span of time. But know this, America- they will be met."   --Obama's Speech

I'll keep the promises I made

Submitted by ssingh on Tue, 2009-01-20 10:17

In his Inauguration speech today, I hope Barack Obama will say: "I'll keep the promises I made!"

Barack Obama should say these words because people trust him and accept him to bring a change to the world and stop the war in Iraq. I have read many comments about the election and many people depend on him to make this world a peaceful world to live in.

In Obamas inauguration speech.

Submitted by smohiuddin on Tue, 2009-01-20 10:02

Six words sentence that Barack Obama should say in his inauguration speech are: I will boost the American economy.

Obama's Inauguration Speech

Submitted by achan on Tue, 2009-01-20 10:00

Obama's Inauguration Speech (part one - before)

Submitted by MLuciano on Tue, 2009-01-20 09:53

I can't even began a sentence with the words Obama should say because there is so much for him to say in such a short time. But then again, hes been saying what he wants to do all this time, now its time for him to put all that into action.

Languages

Submitted by CuiXiaC on Tue, 2008-12-02 17:21

I just read a Wikipedia article, "Language", Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, 1 December 2008, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language. I am amazed with this article because it made me wonder about how languages are created.

History has been made

Submitted by dbinyaminov on Fri, 2008-11-07 14:15

You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.

After I heard Obama won the election, I felt safe because I knew that Barack Obama is the right choice for president of the United States.  I would not be so happy if McCain had won because because we already had a president similar to McCain and he was not so great.  I am also relieved because I finally found out that Barack Obama had taken the

Presidential Election Speech

Submitted by seamusa on Tue, 2008-10-28 14:33

I think the Barack Obama should be president. I htink this for a variety of reasons that are outlined in my speech.

An Attack on Human Dignity: A Short Speech abut the Genocide in Darfur

Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 2008-10-24 12:13

This was a short speech about my views onthe genocide in darfur.