hope for a better life

Faith

Submitted by mcortes on Mon, 2014-06-09 15:13

As you grow you learn about religion and what to believe in, you start to have faith. Ellie believes in god and he has faith, he knows God can help him. As he goes into concentration camp he questions his self if God really exist. From 1944-1945 Ellie and his father move from unit to unit. This past issues still affects Ellie because of all the torture, he still remembers everything as if it was yesterday.

Lady Q by Reymundo Sanchez and Sonia Rodriguez

Submitted by Michelle V on Fri, 2013-05-03 09:53

Lady Q by Reymundo Sanchez and Sonia Rodriguez is a really great book. I felt as if I were Lady Q. I never wanted that book to end. Reading that book opened my eyes up to female roles in the gang life. I related to that book because now and days, many people are persuaded into that stuff, and to see how Hispanics were mistreated really explained why many of us revolved in the gang life. I loved this book so much ! I love the fact that it was all straight up ! no secrets no nothing ! They said everything plain and simple. It gave a real intro about the real world, it’s ruff out there.

Bono: Rocker & Humanitarian

Submitted by srains13 on Thu, 2013-02-07 12:22

Bono may be better known for his work as the rockin U2 singer, but not many know his involvement as a humanitarian. Simply referred to as “the celebrity who keeps on giving,” he is a hero on and off the stages. In U2’s most recent concerts, Bono highlights the issues we have in our world. “Every time I clap my hands,” he says to the audience, “A child in Africa dies.”

Setting free a heavy burdon

Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 2012-04-06 12:59

Dear stress,

Every day that I get up, my day begins with what I need to do during
the day. Do you know what I think? Well I think of all the things that I have
to do before school, during school, and all the activities that I have after school.
This is you. I mean why can’t I go one day without you finding me and biting me in the butt. I wish that you would go bother someone else or I could strap you to a rocket and watch you fly away from me, but it always seems that even when I am having fun, you always come find me and ruin the day.