humanity

Talk to an Alien!

Submitted by CharlieTeachHay... on Tue, 2016-02-02 11:45

Here's a good question:

Imagine you encounter an off-world visitor who asks you "what is a good human?" What would you say? How would you explain it so that the alien understands?

Post your response as a comment.

New Discovery, New Me.

Submitted by kreyes on Mon, 2015-06-01 19:25

It has been five years now that I’ve been living with the biblical verse,”Jesus replied,’I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me’”(John 14:6). This scripture has empowered my life in such a way that it has strengthen my faith but has unfortunately weaken my liberal thought towards other beliefs, practices, and lifestyles that surround me.

Forgotten Humanity

Submitted by fevans on Tue, 2014-06-10 14:51

Where does the line lie between humane and savage? Eliezer Wiesel, the author of Night is constantly being pushed to his limits during the Holocaust. He experienced things no man should ever have to experience, tortured, and practically stripped of his rights. Can one really maintain their humanity when treated like a savage? Though some may argue that, they are losing their humanity everyday they are in the camp, Elie manages to hold onto his humanity in such tragic conditions such as others losing themselves, fear, and executions of other people.

We Can't Believe They Did That !

Submitted by encsha on Tue, 2013-05-14 15:23
Crime Scene Killing

The topic I have chosen for my research has been psychology behind criminal behavior. This is interesting to me for several reasons. These reasons are what causes people to do certain things, how is someone capable of doing crimes especially against humanity, how can someone do something such as dehumanization, how does dehumanization work, and many more. I knew very little about my topic before my research. I knew that people are able to do things because they have their own psychological problems and because they do not have a conscience that makes them feel guilty.

Black Boy Research Paper

Submitted by XLiu on Sat, 2010-11-20 22:58

The book Black Boy would not attract me by its cover, it’s simple and plain. Nonetheless, I’ve try to read the book, and I was immediately disgust by Richard’s foolish action and thoughts. I wanted to put the book down right away, but my curiosity urged me to move on. My decision did not disappoint me, Richard eventually developed moral and he began to think like a normal person. Richard’s positive experience, and negative experience all seems to be linked with his urge for literature. His link with literature seems to became that factor that affects his future. Richard’s road of life encourages the readers to go for their goal. His life shows us that life is full of opportunities, if you try hard enough, nothing would be impossible.

My last post (this I believe)

Submitted by rcaravati on Tue, 2010-05-18 20:48

So if I am correct i believe that this is going to be my last post on youth voices. Im not going to lie, I am not going to miss sitting in front of my computer for twenty minutes trying to think of something to write for my new post. This is why I have planned ahead for this post. For this post I am going to write a list of thing i believe in. Yes just like that kid in kindergarten but instead of writing 100 things i am only going to write twenty. Its not because I am lazy (well that may be one reason) but mostly because I just don't think that i believe in 100 different things. so here is my list I hope you enjoy:

On Fahrenheit 451

Submitted by JohnSargeant on Fri, 2009-12-11 15:58

You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.

"IT WAS A PLEASURE TO BURN. It was a special pleasure to see things eaten, to see things blackened and changed"

So Fahrenheit 451 is introduced, a dystopian novel where citizens have elected to stop reading, and fireman burn books. In this podcast I will give a short synopsis of the book, and a quick look at Fahrenheit 451's impact on modern day culture.

Where does the human begin and where does he or she end? 7

Submitted by jsmith on Tue, 2009-12-01 18:02

Where does the human begin and where does he or she end?

Where does the human begin and where does he or she end 6

Submitted by jsmith on Tue, 2009-11-17 21:47

Well today i will talk about rule number 3 in the human cycle. I have not really been thinking about the topic that much cause i have been so busy studying. This rule is called repetitive emotion. It is more of an act, not in a constitutional sense but an act. An act we have no choice but to follow. Nowadays, there are so many people out there who give off a sense of repeated personality. This is a huge flaw in society and the human kingdom. It devastates life and man and thing. One of our main goals in life is get over obstacles and impediments, one cannot fulfill such a feat if one is to run into the same wall over and over again. Wheres the sense in that? As i have mentioned in an essay i wrote a while back, we are always ambulatory..we are constantly on the move. This in turn means that we cannot stop for anything...we are like time, we don't wait for anything or anyone. When we live out the same basic minuscule emotions over and over again, we live the same part of our life in the same manner.  Everything can just be amalgamated and summed up as one big movie. Yes, we are a kingdom similar to that of the animals.

Flushing pimp response

Submitted by jsmith on Sun, 2009-11-15 08:56

This is a response to the second story which i thought was sort of tragic and unfortunate. I am very big on health,i do A lot of research involving the human anatomy and nutrition. The so called "flushing pimp" in the story died of cancer. This did not really come as a surprise due to the fact that cancer is one of the leading causes of death. Today, the average diet is an amalgamation of so much junk and contaminated foods. We are not taking care of our bodies in any way and are just letting everything go to waste. Health is a big problem in this country and we are hardly doing anything to fix that. The human body should remain natural because we are made from natural forms. The elements that coalesce to give us life should only be able to thrive and run at full capacity on natural products. These days, there are not many doctors or the the health profession is not one that is pursued A lot due to lack opf patience and being squeamish. Taking care of your body should never be tiring and should always give us a sense of dignity.

Human Nature

Submitted by 12narvaeza on Thu, 2009-02-19 11:19

In my personal project I am interested in the topic about stem cell research or cellulosic ethanol as an alternative energy.

Will there ever be peace? part 5

Submitted by 12calinn on Wed, 2009-01-21 19:42

I started the journey with this question with a simple idea. After exploring, and hearing people's comments I was able to think deeper about the subject. From the beginning I was certain that there was no answer to this, as time passed, I learned that this is not necessarily true. Peace is very subjective, what is peace exactly? Well, I learned that there are many types of peace.

Will humans ever have to move to another planet?

Submitted by 12herreral on Fri, 2009-01-09 15:00

This is a picture of a young man that I took above a brooklyn apartment. I was visiting a friend and we deciede to go up and take random picture. Don't you think its a beautiful view? But imagine how many years it took for out nation to have all the buildings and ladscapes we have today? And how long and hard we would have to work if we had to reconstruct all of this over?

Do we live in fear? Part V: Summary

Submitted by 12trank on Fri, 2009-01-09 10:52

Through all my posts regarding this question, I concluded that fear is part of being human. Even if it is the slightest thing, someone has something to fear. It helps keep us safe and helps us make the right decision. There is however a line between repect/responsibility and fear.

Do we live in fear? Part IV

Submitted by 12trank on Wed, 2009-01-07 21:51

To take this picture, I first had to get a box and label it "Responsibility" and wrote "To: You". Then I set it up near a door  in a hallway and took a picture of it. I uploaded it into my computer and opened it into photoshop so that I can edit it. The words didn't come up very clearly so I traced it over in photoshop.

Do we live in fear? Part II

Submitted by 12trank on Fri, 2008-12-12 10:59

A person can fear of many things. It may be something big like their fear of God or it can be as simple as having a fear of heights. Either way, we all fear something in our life. In this picture for example, the kid looks like he's scared of heights. When I feel scared, I know that I feel small, just like a kid.

Is there such thing as extraterrestrial life?

Submitted by 12tranb on Thu, 2008-11-20 01:44

Many people believe that there is such thing as extraterrestrial life (aliens) while other simply think there is no such thing and that the other planets are barren and lifeless.  However, I think that there is such thing as extraterrestrial life outside of Earth because I don't th

Do we live in fear?

Submitted by 12trank on Wed, 2008-11-19 21:12

Throughout history, people have lived under the ruling of leaders who are unjust or even cruel. Some even create and believe in, God and hell; two things in which many people would fear if they do. We may want to do something but because of fear, we don't. We may fear our peers, parents, the government, or our religion.

"Incident!!" (Response)

Submitted by ctai on Thu, 2008-10-30 09:28

I just read a poem, "Incident" by Countee Cullen, and I strongly disliked it because I really think that the poem is just like wrong because it says the word "Nigger" and that guy got called one, and I think that is really wrong because that is totally just racist and really offended to people as well.

Bio

Submitted by 12trank on Thu, 2008-10-23 09:35
First Name:  Kimberly

As I said, my name is Kimberly. I've lived most of my life in New York City except for one year when I moved to Sydney, Australia. My favorite flavored ice cream is rose-petal lychee. And yes, thats actually a real ice cream flavor XP.