Maine

A Quiet Seat

Submitted by CaseyD12 on Tue, 2009-10-06 08:42

I like this picture because it sets a mood about how quite school can be sometimes. Printing my picture took multiple times because it was my first print. I had to use both test strips to make sure my picture would come out good. When making my actual picture I had to burn a little bit of the side of the picture to emphasize the shadow on the chair lying behind it, I burned on this for about an extra 10 seconds. No filter was needed for my first print. From making this picture I learned how you don’t really have any room to fool around. You have to do everything right down to the littlest detail. One error and it can ruin your whole picture. 

My pictured used asymmetry because I was not the same on both sides but there are objects on both sides keeping it balanced. The tree is on power points and the bottom right corner third line goes threw the chair.

Chucks

Submitted by Soeren10 on Mon, 2009-10-05 09:20

I toke pictures of many different thing, but mainly from the nature and shoes.   Yes, I want to be creative and yes I have specific ideas. Which feelings could the viewer get, when I choose a special viewpoint or contrasts.  My first pictures was very bad, because the film roll was nearly destroyed, I had just 3 good pictures. Yes, I didn’t check my light (4200); absolutely not enough light took all pictures.

Next time I will control it.

A picture from a wall and a table, because the viewpoints change the pictures into very interesting pictures with much space.

1.I took my roll and cut it into pieces, than I toke a looked, if there are any fingerprints or    scratches on it.

2.After that I went into the darkroom and chose a picture.

Lonely Tree

Submitted by Syd12 on Mon, 2009-10-05 09:06

My first roll of film I took pictures of scenery, trees, and some soccer photos. When I shot these photos I was thinking about trying to take pictures of trees, flowers, and anything in nature. I was trying to take things that have a peaceful effect to them. They didn’t come out like I thought they would though. When I was ready to take my film out I made a huge mistake and exposed my film to light. That really ruined a lot of my pictures, and I lost a lot of them. The only way I could correct this problem is to not open my camera before I rewind my film! My favorite pictures were this picture I decided to print and another picture with a stop sign in the right corner.

Delicate Echinacea

Submitted by Samantha12 on Mon, 2009-10-05 09:05

The second time I printed this photo, I put a 0 filter on the enlarger, the flowers and the background came out very grey and fuzzy. The third time I used a 0 filter for 15 sec and then I used a 5 filter for 10 sec so the photo will be a higher contrast and the picture will be more detailed. I had to have 3 test strips and I realized the second test strip you can clearly tell the difference from each 3 seconds. The flowers are on the third lines and you can see the form and texture of the flowers. I chose this picture to print because I knew it would be a challenge and a new learning experience. It's a pretty picture and I really enjoyed how it turned out. I think the picture communicates happiness and delicacy, it shows how standing tall is the best idea. You can see every curve and every detail, which, I like. Maybe I should have zoomed out a little bit and showed the stem of the other flower to. But that's all I would change.

Clucky Chickens

Submitted by Miranda12 on Mon, 2009-10-05 08:43

In this film I took all kinds of pictures. I took pictures of Flowers, Chickens My cousins. I was specificly taking pictures of the chickens because theres more detail to it then the flowers. They came out alright it could have been a little more focused on the chickens. I think my favorite picture in this film would have been my cousin if it came out on the film but my second choice would have to be the chickens because theres so much detail in the picture. Because one chicken is drinking out of the water jug and the other chicken is actually looking at the camrea.

Clucky Chickens

Submitted by Miranda12 on Mon, 2009-10-05 08:36

When I was printing this picture it took me several times to get it right I had to burn the chicken that’s looking at the camerea for about 15 seconds. I didn’t use a filter on this picture. This picture would be a high contrast picture. I learned how to burn and dodge in different spots. I picked this picture to print because I thought that the chickens were interested in me taking the picture. I think that the mood in this picture would be Calm and safe. Because of the fence in the picture it’s keeping the animals out.

Vantage point

Submitted by Justin on Fri, 2009-02-06 13:46

in this picture i tried to use emphasis on the milk bottle 

vantage point

Submitted by Justin on Fri, 2009-02-06 13:35

interesting view of modern art

Birdy

Submitted by Alix46 on Thu, 2009-02-05 14:47

I caught a bird up close out a window.  The vantage point is unique because it's from above instead of from below.

Vantage point 1 : Over the Shoulder

Submitted by Alix46 on Thu, 2009-02-05 14:42

I like it because I am looking at what the other person was looking at and everything they saw. The vantage point was behind the person looking at what they were looking at and i saw what they were photographing.

Beyond the Cold Garden

Submitted by Kortney08 on Mon, 2009-02-02 11:21

This was for the assignment of Sense of Place. I live in a small rural town, and the town is mostly woods. I took a picture standing onto of a hill overlooking our garden, but the garden wasn’t blooming, instead a layer of snow covered where it was once shining with reds, greens, yellows and oranges.

Christmas Blur

Submitted by Kortney08 on Mon, 2009-02-02 11:16

This is my blurred motion photograph, it turned out to not blur as much as I had wanted, but this was the only photo that came close to blurred motion, in fact it’s more blurred light. The Christmas lights on my Christmas tree blurred when shot, adding a cool perspective on a black and white picture of a Christmas tree.

Find the Chickadee

Submitted by Kortney08 on Mon, 2009-02-02 11:15

Attachment Issues

Submitted by Kortney08 on Mon, 2009-02-02 11:14

Attachment Issues, was actually my third print, this was for the assignment of selective focus. It’s of a tree branch that had broken in a very strong wind in front of my house. I focused more on the break where it was still attached to the rest of the tree branch.

Fragile Patterns

Submitted by Kortney08 on Mon, 2009-02-02 11:12

Portrait "Hunting Camo"

Submitted by James08 on Thu, 2009-01-29 14:11

I selected the hunter in the trees because I really enjoyed how if you just take a glancing look, the hunter disappears. But if you look really close to the photo, then the hunter shows up. And I really liked how the details of the trees and the ground showed up so well that you could really get the feeling of the surroundings of the hunter.

"Free Choice1"

Submitted by y2010halper on Thu, 2009-01-15 11:21

"Free Choice"

Submitted by y2010halper on Thu, 2009-01-15 11:18

Portland, Maine

Submitted by y2009halkna on Mon, 2008-12-08 11:12

Reflection Assignment

Submitted by y2010eriber on Thu, 2008-11-20 13:22

Mirror image three

Submitted by Y2010PETMIC on Fri, 2008-11-14 08:55

I absolutely love this photo. For me, the construction the “invisible triaging” formed brings an interesting aspect to the photo.  I also feel that the partial framing of the mirror brings some sort of mystery to the photo.

Mirror image two

Submitted by Y2010PETMIC on Fri, 2008-11-14 08:54

Within my second photo I again used the dividing line of the mirror to construct of photo that was interesting. I feel the divide splits the photo into too “realms” looking at each side of the “realm” will tell you more about the other. I also find that the texture of the rug and mirror edge adds of “fill” the photo.

Essence of Maine.

Submitted by Y2010PETMIC on Tue, 2008-11-04 08:51

See other post for text.

Essence of Maine.

See other post for text.

Essence of Maine.

Submitted by Y2010PETMIC on Tue, 2008-11-04 08:50

See other post for text.