Bible

The Ark of the Covenant

Submitted by Andy on Tue, 2016-03-22 11:51

The Ark of the Covenant is one of the great mysteries of the world. Many know the Ark from the popular film “Raiders of the Lost Ark;” however, the Ark was said to be a real artifact. According to the biblical story, Moses brought the “Ten Commandments” on two tablets down from Mount Sinai and placed them in gold-acacia chest known as the Ark of the Covenant. The Ark was also said to contain the staff of Aaron and a plate of manna. It was known as the physical manifestation of God and served as the center of worship in the first Jewish Temple before its destruction in.

My Review on Exodus 32

Submitted by Eva on Fri, 2013-06-07 14:26

Exodus 32 might leave the reader feeling very confused. Usually god is viewed as the creater and ruler of the universe and all source of moral authority, however in Exodus 32 god can’t help but sound like a dictator, as well as Moses.

Religion

Submitted by ascrai on Mon, 2013-04-15 11:44

Something that I have been interested in learning more about has been about religion and how it affected the world in history. I remember few teachers talking about a few wars and problems that religions have had in different times, but I could never process or remember all the information i have had during that time. Lately, the issue has caught my eye again. I know that many people feel that it is offensive to talk about it, because they are really strong believers, From what I have heard, that popes had tried to gain power through the church.

Second blog

Submitted by krenke13 on Fri, 2013-02-01 11:43

On December 21 2012, I wasn't preparing for anything to happen to the world, I was a a little nervous that people around the world would go crazy and there would be shootings or something but i didn't think the world was really going to end. Many people around the world, however, had been preparing for the end of the world. Clearly the world did not come to an end. Many people believed the world was doomed and there was going to be nothing after that day. The Mayan’s however were not prepping for a catastrophic event to occur. The were celebrating the beginning of the 14th baktun.

The world ending

Submitted by krenke13 on Mon, 2013-01-28 12:28

What really will happen when the world ends? It’s such an interesting topic to me because i want to know so much. There are endless possibilities of how and what will happen. There are so many theories like, zombies apocalypse, or jesus coming to the Earth. No one really knows what will happen. Thats what is so interesting to me, no one in the world can predict it. We all just wait and we will never know, when or how it will happen.

The world ending

The World vs. Christianity

Submitted by zoep on Thu, 2012-12-06 01:28

Something that I have been interested in learning more about has been if women wearing pants a sin and about people over-reading the Bible. I remember my cousin talking about it when she made this statement, “Pants are for men, skirts are for women.”, which made feel angry. They said a smart comment about it being a sin to wear pants. I kept asking over and over again: Why can’t we wear pants? She couldn’t give me a forward answer. I understand and respect their views but to speak to me like I’m an abomination.

The Tent

Submitted by shamars on Mon, 2012-09-17 14:57

I am reading a book called the Tent by Gary Paulsen. I think it’s pretty good, it’s about a teenage boy name Steven and his father. Steven’s mother apparently ran off with some guy shortly after Steven was born. Still I think even though Steven’s father keep telling Steven “your mother has gone off with a ... well ... a friend” I think he is old enough to know what his father means by that. On top of that they are poor. Living in a ten- year- old rented trailer in a trailer park.

Why wouldn't you want to be friends with a Christian?

Submitted by joeyp on Tue, 2012-06-05 13:16

Why would someone want to be friends with a Christian? A more accurate question would be, why not? Who would you choose as a friend: A devout Christian, evangelizing to help people? Or a rich business person tearing down communities for big factories to be built while at the end of the day he drinks his unhappiness down his throat to feel better about himself? Or even the popular teenager who smokes weed and drink all day, barely goes to school, and has been in high school for the past 6 years?