Games

The Future of Video Games

Submitted by 21alamm on Tue, 2016-03-01 22:00

Have you ever wondered what video games will turn into in the the future. Currently games are getting a little repetitive. What I mean is that not enough new ideas or features are coming out. Many games these days are just shooting people to win or 2D platformers where you get past obstacles. Currently, these types of games are still not boring but what will happen when they do get boring? Will the gaming industry shutdown or will an exciting new feature come out. There are still many options. Nintendo had popularized the idea of hand-held gaming with the Gameboy back in 1989.

Minecraft is fun

Submitted by fcastaneda on Tue, 2016-03-01 10:12

Today I am making a garden for my dog and pig and chicken and my baby cow and sheep.The reason why I want to this because my pets need a home to live in and hey need food for they can grow. And the person will be working with is mia. I will put my garden in a flat area where there is a lot of grass.

I know that I have made a goal today in Minecraft and that goal is that i made a farm.The bad habit that I need to stop putting thing that I do not need. The thing that motivated me is my farm.

Mind Games, Good or Nah?

Submitted by eric_yu2001 on Mon, 2016-02-29 12:58

Today, with digital phones and laptops, the gaming community has grown rapidly over the days. Gaming institutes launched mobile and mini-brain games, that some of them have torn through the gaming market. Although many people still argue that these games are as worse as games such as Black Ops and Minecraft, I can argue that these small, compact brain games could contribute to the finding of well trained men and women for higher positions of jobs.

why i say games don't get respect they deserve

Submitted by gvillanueva on Wed, 2015-12-16 13:43

The reason I say why do most people don't give respect to video games they deserve.

Most of the time I feel like adults hate on players and they hate even more the games these players play.In my opinion if adults got to play games they might even like it.Don’t get me wrong game can hurt you if you play them for a long time.But games can also have positive effects like deveoloping hand eye cordination and relif players from stress.
If games were a color it will be blue because when i think of blue I think of tranquility and games are tranquill.

Media kills people?

Submitted by guzmanyv on Mon, 2015-11-09 23:51

Media kills people?
Media is often and unjustly blamed for the corruption of society. A lot of this stems from the undeniable fact that popular media is new, people seem to fear change. There seem to be many conflicting studies regarding violent media, and aggression. This is a highly political issue so I found it hard to find articles that were not overtly biased.

Minigame Quartet

Submitted by 20huangc on Mon, 2015-06-08 20:50
minigame quartet

Chloe’s Game Proposal

The Minion of the Christmas Choir

Submitted by 20choic on Mon, 2015-06-08 20:08
Humanities Style~

Here is the process:

Initial Ideas: Music- Nigahiga & Josh Golden S.W.G Instrumental and Sia Elastic Heart instrumental. 

VSGE

Submitted by 20tranj on Mon, 2015-06-08 17:07

Investigate:

Overall Idea:

HOR Hunters

Submitted by 20siegels on Mon, 2015-06-08 07:19

Investigate Scott: A game that simulates a meeting in congress. You will be a congressman that will learn about HOR, and the way a bill is passed. They will face rejection from peers and constituents, and have to make up for this. Finally, this game will have a soundtrack that follows the story, and will use art from C-SPAN. Design Group: To connect all of our mini-games into one game, we will have a sprite fall asleep in class. Then, two sprites will appear.

Devious Dungeon

Submitted by 20tranh on Sun, 2015-06-07 23:14

My project:

Anab: history themed mario/skyrim mix

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64472552/

Shoumik: a troll goes through an obstacle course and answers questions

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63567374/

Rachael: Black Butler anime themed interactive game

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65058476/ Final:

Final:

Hobo Bobs Mortal Kombat Kidnap

Submitted by 20schiffinor on Sun, 2015-06-07 22:27

individual projects for Román : I will make it so that he must answer question to get weapons and then he will fight many Squares until he reaches scorpion and then the ultra boss which he must fight using combos, keystrokes and a question for fatality.

Ultimate boss Questions:

For Ultra Weapon

Quadrate remix

Submitted by 20amannar on Sat, 2015-06-06 19:53

20amannar is going to create the final level with the final boss level. My main project will be about the Revolutionary war and a George washington adventure. There will be a setting with george washington and a little part of the war and claiming a fort. The last (big) boss will be inside the fort and it will be the british general.

Name

Science and Unicorns

Submitted by 20zhangr on Fri, 2015-06-05 16:30

Rachel: Understanding which Substances are Safe [Chemistry]

Sahawaii's Game Hub

Submitted by 20LeeJ on Fri, 2015-06-05 09:06

Investigate James: Science Mini games. One title screen, 4 buttons. Each button leads to a different game. My game will resemble a mini game from New Super Mario Bros. Wrong formulae will be fired at you, and 1 will be correct. You must dodge all the wrong ones, and pass through the correct one to survive as long as possible. The score will be determined by how long you survive. You will play as a scientist, and the controls will be your mouse. Your character will follow your mouse to dodge incorrect formulae.

Legend of Zelda: The Land of the Lost

Submitted by 20madrigald on Fri, 2015-06-05 09:05
Scratch Game

Investigate

Brainstorm:

• Angry Bird design format (minigame): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/56537200/

• Legend Of Zelda

• World of Goo

• Mario is Missing

The Golden Adventures

Submitted by 20panj on Wed, 2015-06-03 21:50

Investigate
Game Proposal~
Rushaid: Humanities Questions, 8 different questions of increasing difficulty. Goal is to reach the treasure chest. The questioning takes place in the desert.

The Golden Adventures

Submitted by 20shumj on Wed, 2015-06-03 21:39

Investigate

Game Proposal~

Different People so unrelated

Submitted by 20mehtar on Wed, 2015-06-03 14:07
Group Project Individual Project Group Project Plan - Part 1 Group Project Plan - Part 2 Group Project Plan - Part 3 Group Project Plan - Part 4 Group Project Plan - Color Key

Individual Project -

What my Game is About

Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Submitted by 20ahmedr on Tue, 2015-05-05 23:20

As of now, I have played Ayiti: The Cost of Life 3 times. Granted, it was quite difficult. I underestimated the difficulty of the game, as it seemed similar to another one I had played, which seemed fairly easy. Instead, this game was much more brutal.

Ayiti - Strategies and Outcomes

Submitted by 20LeeJ on Tue, 2015-05-05 21:59

The first time I played Ayiti, my family died within 2 years. I had chose the money option. Just earn money no matter what. I went into crippling debt for my family became so ill and depressed that they couldn't work, and had to stay home. With the huge debt I couldn't afford school, and therefore my family was forced to work on the family farm every season. They eventually died of diseases and such.

Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Submitted by 20mansoorz on Tue, 2015-05-05 21:18
How it looks once you start working... This means that the person might get sick and if not treated then...x_x

For my technology class, I have been playing a game called Ayiti: The Cost of Life. I was supposed to play it three times, but because I was very unsuccessful, I played it about 7-8 times in a row. To begin with, this game involved making hard decisions and being strategical with your solution, and to be honest, I am not good at it.

Ayiti: The Cost of Life; Game Experience

Submitted by 20sparakish on Tue, 2015-05-05 21:04

Ayiti:The Cost of Life is a strategy game that I played three times.

Strategies to Succeed in the Game: "Ayiti: The Cost of Life"

Submitted by 20wegrowskio on Tue, 2015-05-05 19:30

For those of you who do not know what the game “Ayiti: The Cost of Life” is you can find it at this website: https://ayiti.globalkids.org

Well if you still haven’t been through the trouble of playing the game, I did it for you. We had to play the game 3 times and try to find a successful strategy. And here are my fails--as well as successful strategy in this game.

Ayiti Game Success!

Submitted by 20bishta on Tue, 2015-05-05 17:32
Ayiti Win Screenshot

The game Ayiti: The Cost of Life, is an interesting yet difficult video game to play. I played the game twice, finally beating the game on the second try. During the first game, I was learning the ropes of the game and I focused on giving all kids an education and paying top dollar for everything. As soon as I started the game, I already was bankrupt because I gave all of the children the most expensive educations, which I couldn't afford. For the rest of the game I was bankrupt and spent more than I could make. Then, when everyone got sick, we had no money to send anyone to the hospital.

Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Submitted by 20moonl on Mon, 2015-05-04 22:15

I was playing the game Ayiti: The Cost of Life and I realized how to live without my entire family dying. I had to play this game 5 times till I got to the end of the 4th year with over 700 Goud left to spend. All of the five family members were alive and healthy with an "okay" 4 years of living. I had a lot of difficulties at first because I was always going into debt and many of the family members were dying. Then I was playing around with the money strategy and I finally got through the game with no one dying. There was a lot of trial and error, but I overcame it with hard work and time.

My Experience With Ayiti

Submitted by 20wanga on Mon, 2015-05-04 21:33

Today, I played the game Ayiti for the first time. I have heard of it through word of mouth before, however I never really looked at it in depth. At first, I overlooked the challenges in the game, and I thought that Ayiti would be another one of those games where you can easily mess around with the programming and win easily. However, clearly I was wrong. Ayiti required you to have a strategy all throughout the game, so that you can last the four harsh years, keeping the family in their best possible condition.

Playing Ayiti

Submitted by 20haques on Mon, 2015-05-04 21:30

I played a game named "Ayiti: The Cost Of Life" three times and here are the results of the three strategies I used.

The first time I played, I picked "Money" as my strategy. All I did was constantly make everyone work in the family farm. No one got any treatment for their sickness' and none of them had any education whatsoever. I ended up with negative omney in the end. However, only the youngest son, Yves, died. The others lived with terrible lives and diseases.