Steve McCurry

Inspired by Steve McCurry

Submitted by DanielleRa on Mon, 2010-03-01 15:14

Something I have become interested in learning more about is scenic pictures that pop. I started to become interested in Steve McCurry because his photographs of NYC are exactly the kinds of pictures I aspire to take. So far I have learned McCurry is most famous for his photograph of 'afghan girl' and takes many trips to foreign countries where most of his photography takes place.

This photograph is from Steve McCurry's website, link is below.

Inspired by Steve McCurry

Submitted by DanielleRa on Mon, 2010-03-01 15:13

Inspiration from a Great Photographer

Submitted by ArmenS on Mon, 2010-03-01 14:53

Something I have become interested in learning more about is the effects of day time shooting, and night time shooting (more generally, lighting). I started to become interested in Steve McCurry's work because he took some photographs in a similar style as me but his seemed to capture much more emotion. So far I have learned how blurring and focusing a picture, along with the time of day of the picture, can effect the mood and emotion of the picture. Also weather can effect the picture.

Steve's website.

This information is from Steve's website. The source of this information is the website of Steve McCurry, showcasing much of his work in separate galleries. The information that I've been reading is from this site, by viewing his photographs and reading his bio which is on the site as well.

Steve McCurry, My Influential Person

Submitted by alih on Mon, 2010-03-01 10:11

Someone I have become interested in learning more about is Steve McCurry. I started to become interested in Steve McCurry because a lot of his photos are very interesting and different. They sometimes have something so dramatic in them it really makes you think. So far I have learned that he travels around the world taking pictures from different places. The pictures are usually the same theme just taken in different locations around the world. You really get to see how one thing can be so different depending where you are.

Inspired by Steve McCurry because of his work and dedication

Submitted by bend on Mon, 2010-03-01 10:02

Something I have become interested in learning more about is global photography. I started to become interested in Steve McCurry because he travels around the world taking fantastic photos. So far I have learned that anywhere you go, photos are waiting to be taken.

How Steve McCurry Has Influenced Me

Submitted by leaht on Tue, 2010-02-23 10:59

Something I have become interested in learning more about is landscape pictures. I started to become interested in Steve McCurry because his pictures are really amazing and unique and show so much talent. So far I have learned that Steve travels all over the world to take pictures, he has galleries from all different parts of the world on his website.

This information is from http://www.stevemccurry.com/. The source of this information is to show off Steve McCurry's work. The information that I've been reading is from Steve McCurry.

This topic, Global Photojournalism - contemporary, relates to me and my interests because I really enjoy taking pictures of places that are all different that bring out the characteristics of the place they were taken in. One thing that surprised me was how similar and how different the pictures were from one another. One thing that I wonder about this person's work and life is how they decided they wanted to travel the world just for photography.

Steve McCurry Inspirational Photo

Submitted by The Mac Attack on Tue, 2010-01-26 14:45

In my photography class we studied some popular photographers. One person my group studied was Steve McCurry. He primarily photographs people in less developed nations and shoots portraits. He also tries not to use flash. This is a photo Steve McCurry took on the left. I then tried imitate his picture taking techniques and I took the photo on the right, which is my father. I did not use my flash in this picture, but used my porch light to illuminate him. You can find more os Steve McCurry's work at http://www.stevemccurry.com/main.php. You can find more of my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/42026637@N07/.

Inspiration

Submitted by the.chef on Mon, 2010-01-25 13:21

This is a photograph by Steve McCurry that inspired me to take a photo of my own trying to capture something similiar. I like the emotion of McCurry's picture and how the window seems to cut the woman and her child off from the person viewing the picture and how she puts her hand to the window which seems to almos make her physically touch her. My picture is staged and therefore can't hope to capture the same emotion, but I still like the comparison and I like how my subject's face is in full view. I have a long way to go before I can really even begin to compare my work with McCurry but learning from his work is the first step. You can see more of McCurry's work at his website: http://www.stevemccurry.com/main.php

Chefghan

Submitted by mintz242 on Mon, 2010-01-25 13:16

After doing a presentation on Steve McCurry and Sebastiao Salgado in class, we were assigned to take a picture inspired by one of their pictures. I chose Afghan Girl by Steve McCurry. This is his most famous photo known for being on the cover of National Geographic. I then took a picture of my friend Ben and had him pose like the girl in the photo. The title is Chefghan because Ben is sometimes called Chef then I merged the two titles.  http://www.stevemccurry.com/main.php

Steve McCurry Photography

Submitted by the.chef on Tue, 2010-01-12 13:33

This photograph is titled Weligama  and was taken by  Steve McCurry , I found it at

I really like this picture because is incorporates the many aspects of Steve McCurry, he tends to focus his shots on people doing daily things in less developed nations. He captures a great moment in this picture and it looks to be almost staged but the life that it exudes is undeniable. The picture also shows McCurry's ability to use color so expertly, the brown bodies conterast amazingly with the blue ocean and the colors are incredibly crisp and clean. This is a great photograph by a great photographer.