A still portrait vs. an action portrait!

Submitted by madisons on Fri, 2011-01-14 10:17

These two photos are of my friend, Nell. The first one shows her holding a straight face, and because it is in black and white I believe it gives it a calm, still effect. The second picture shows her flipping her hair over her head, I edited the colors in this way because I think it really enhances her hair flying over her head.

Mordern warfare 2

Submitted by akiyani on Wed, 2010-03-10 04:05

Not all games are the same. Some are on box 360 played to have fun. Others seem to be designed to just fin sh the game without analyzing it. The response they want to get is " your game was amazing." while some games are only played for just to have fun. I enjoy playing games like Modern warfare 2 because i like to play bloodshed game and where we kill people.
    I spend a lot of time playing modern war fare 2. I like to play those games where they use different kinds of arms to kill the enemies. I love to play left 4 dead, dark mirror and modern warfare 2. Everything that describes my choice of game is blood shed and killing.I love to make head shots. I enjoy knowing that I'm one step closer to to being the winner. If i happen to lose , i do what any player would do is just get kind of piss. I tell myself that it's just a game and I should just play it for fun.

Comparison between Ayiti:the cost of life and Guitar Hero

Submitted by 15CERTUCHEN on Sun, 2010-03-07 22:08

Comparison between Guitar Hero and Ayiti

by Noelani

Not all games are the same. Some are action, horror, fantasy, violence, brains, adventure, sports, reality, interactive, animals, artistic, architecture/design, survival, language, comedy, trivia or reflex games. Others seem to be designed to educate people and teach them about the world. While some are played simply for self pleasure. Whatever game it is, the goals are always the same: To gain experience and to win! I enjoy playing games for the satisfaction of winning. Winning a game makes me feel pround and like I achieved something. What I don't enjoy is loosing, and getting stuck in a game because if I don't eventually pass that stage, I give up and try again a while later.

Submitted by Caleb12 on Mon, 2010-01-25 11:36

I named this photo "Apparition" because it kind of looks like a ghost. this is another action photo.

Action Shots

Submitted by Nicole10 on Mon, 2010-01-25 11:29

General beast

The General Horse

Playing in the Dark (Print 7)

Submitted by Carolyn12 on Sun, 2010-01-10 02:34

I photographed a person throwing a ball into the air. Since we were shooting in the dark I was going for a blurred motion shot. I was on a shutter speed of about 15. The picture came out as a blurred motion as I'd hoped. This picture communicates action by showing that the ball is moving through the air and the outline of the ball is blurry. The object in motion stands out nicely from its background because I was able to use a filter to make the background as black as possible to get contrast. I had to think about the shutter speed I was on and I had to think about how long I would hold down the button to take the picture. I formed a powerpoint at the volleyball that is being thrown into the air because it is white on a black background and also it is the thing in the picture that is moving the most. The challenges of shooting this was getting enough motion to make the picture an action picture, and also having enough light to take the picture in a place that was so dark.

Third Photo Discussion

Submitted by AlexandraB on Fri, 2009-12-18 14:59

So far I think that I am learning much more about photography than I thought I would. I am revisiting stuff I already new, and grasping even stronger concepts. This is helping me get even better at photoshop, and thinking of new ways to take photos. 

In my past discussions I said that I wanted to focus on action photos and grasping the concept of album covers. I haven't done any of these things yet, but I want to. I think it would be fun to learn how to take action photos. This will just be a fun new concept to learn, and will help my photography skill increase. Instead of just taking still photos, it would be more fun to take action photos where you just get to chill and not have to set up a specific photo.

Here is the link to my photo stream: 

Submitted by Tanishaa on Mon, 2009-09-14 18:05
First Name:  Tanisha

I was born in America. My parents are from Bangladesh, so that makes me bangali. I am from the city Syhlet in Bangladesh. When i was a few months old i went to my country, Bangladesh. I also went in 2007. I went to London three times too! I also went to Canada when i was 3. I was always the runny type of girl when i was little. My mom chased me all round when i went to Bangladesh, London and Canada. I loved when I was little i was so chubby and a very exited girl.    

Submitted by amandac on Mon, 2009-09-14 11:08
First Name:  amanda

My name is Amanda. I was born in the U.S. My birthday is on January 30th. I have 2 brothers and 1 sister. I am Half Italian and Half American. My favorite color is yellow because it reminds me of Summer, my favorite season. I also like to tap dance.I have been tap dancing for 6 1/2 years. I also play the clarinet and piano. I love to listen to music when i am bored. I also love to text my friends on chatting websites when i have nothing to do. I also love to draw and paint with my sister and my mom. Most of the time when i am at home, i like to go outside and hang out with my friends. My favorite place to go is Pennsylvania, Virginia, South Carolina and Florida. My nick name is Amazing Amanda. I've had that nick name since 3rd grade and i've always used it since.

Kite Runner: A Final Amend

Submitted by Odarri on Thu, 2009-08-06 20:50

Kite Runner is a good book, simple in point, long in details, a great book for those who have brotherly problems that never get's dissolved. The relationship between two friends that never strayed apart from each other, were divide by an question of loyalty, and self-judgement, then to allow guilt be the line between them. Amir, the son of Baba, once rich, till social rule had spread to Afghanistan. Hassan, born a servant boy, with his loyalty to Amir, he has not shown undependability to his brother. Neither one known of their affinity to one another. The mention of Kites were the enjoyment of flying them through jousts, or for amusement.

Do actions relate to birth/environment?

Submitted by jsmith on Wed, 2009-05-20 09:52

How Are our actions related to nature vs nurture?

Inspiration taken to the next level

Submitted by 12coticchiod on Wed, 2009-03-11 20:10

Im inspired by activists. This is because they are the people who take a step and make change- unlike many people who decide to just sit and comment on problems rather than do anything.

Inspiration taken to the next level

Will there ever be peace? (Part 3)

Submitted by 12calinn on Wed, 2008-12-17 21:14

This is a diagram made in the Gliffy program. In some of my last blog posts the question of what is there if not peace or war came up. Here I posted some of my ideas. When there is peace, we have tranquility, harmony, mutual grounds. War is complete opposite. But what happens if we don't have war? Do we consider those times peaceful? In my opinion we don't.