What's Your Story?

In this mission, you will write your own story using narrative form, or using the basic "parts" of a story: introduction, setting, characters, protagonist, plot, climax, and conclusion.

En esta misión, escribirás tu propio cuento usando forma narrativa, o usando "las partes" básicas de una historia: introducción, marco escénico, personajes, protagonista, trama, clímax, y conclusión.

1. Create a Google Doc and title it "Narrative Essay."

2. Your narrative will tell the story about a time when you felt misunderstood. Think about a time in your life that this happened to you.

Or, your teacher will give you a topic for your story.

3. Plan your story before you begin writing by filling in a graphic organizer provided by your teacher, or create your own organizer. Keep these points in mind as you fill in your organizer:

-Introduction: How will your grab the reader's attention and make them want to continue reading?
-Setting: Where and when does your story take place? Is there more than one location or time?
-Characters: Who are the characters in your story? Which are major and which are minor characters?
-Protagonist: This is the central, or most important character. It's probably you. How will you reveal the protagonist's personality? Through
psychological or physical description? Through dialogue? Through the protagonist's actions or thoughts?
-Plot: The plot is the series of events in the story. Plan out the major events, using transition words to help you order the events.
-Climax: This is the moment of highest tension in your story- right before the solution.
-Conclusion: Your conclusion should have a message- something that you want your reader to take away from your story.

4. Using your organizer, write the first draft of your narrative.

5. Exchange the rough draft of your narrative with a classmate. Give your classmate feedback on their narrative.

6. Use your classmate's feedback to edit your narrative.

7. Submit your narrative to your teacher for feedback.

8. Using your teacher's feedback, edit the final version of your narrative.

9. Create an audio recording of your narrative using Audacity.

10. Publish the final version of your narrative along with your recording on Youth Voices.